Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker in Blue and White.

Dark Superman

Somebody compile a list of all the Patriot players that are mentioned on this forum as good pickups for the Colts.  Let's see, Edelman, Talib, Woodhead, Welker.  I must have missed a bunch, it seems like more.

Yeah, you missed the one about Brady possibly being traded going on in the NFL section right now. Let's grab him too!

No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. 

You shut up BrentMc11.......a tough thing to do might I say!  Balzer, the Big Dog has nothing to add.....Carry on Colts fans :) :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!!

I don't understand these posts about adding Welker, Wallace, or Reed.  In the case of Welker, why do we want to break the bank on an old slot receiver?  We already have a Wallace clone in TY Hilton.  And Reed is too old.

When has it ever worked that a team goes out and signs high priced free agents and succeeded?  See Daniel Snyder.

Didn't you notice we have no offensive line?   We have receivers.

While you are at it, how about we sign Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and Randy Moss.

I hope all the free agent signings are young, under the radar guys who still have upside in positions like OLine, Dline, and corner.  If we are going to add a WR, I hope it comes later in the draft or a middle of the road FA.

I really feel that Whalen will be due to make a name for himself.  Got an OC that will be running a play book that he's familiar with, has a history with Luck, and has really good speed and pretty good hands.  IMO, he's a Welker in the making.....no where near the experience, but a whole lot longer left to play and a whole lot cheaper than what it would cost to bring Welker here.  Just because you have a ton of cash to spend, doesn't mean you have to go throw it down the drain.  Grigson will spend wisely, get us some good additions to positions that we actually need and keep us out of salary cap purgatory down the road.

I really feel that Whalen will be due to make a name for himself.  Got an OC that will be running a play book that he's familiar with, has a history with Luck, and has really good speed and pretty good hands.  IMO, he's a Welker in the making.....no where near the experience, but a whole lot longer left to play and a whole lot cheaper than what it would cost to bring Welker here.  Just because you have a ton of cash to spend, doesn't mean you have to go throw it down the drain.  Grigson will spend wisely, get us some good additions to positions that we actually need and keep us out of salary cap purgatory down the road.

I agree, I think Whalen can be a good receiver for us. He was productive in college and showed some promise in the preseason. I wish others here would get it, about not wasting money on big name free agents that play a position that isn't a priority.

The only thing good about Welker is his hot old lady and her opinion of Ray Lewis. We dont need to overpay for a used up slot receiver that will only get hurt as soon as he steps on the field for the Colts. Spend that offseason money on O line.

Save that money for Polian to drink!

No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. 

Besides I think we already have a couple of younger faster Welkers on this team

Precisely, the Colts priority is the o-line not WR & Wes Welker has a lot of tread on those tires. Welker gets an unfair rap for his lack of height & a couple of poor timed drops. The Colts have no need for his services, but I do respect his toughness in the NFL going all the way back to his Miami Dolphins days. Shortness works well for a RB not a WR. Good luck landing on a new roster Wes. INDY has all the speed we need. Thank you.

Precisely, the Colts priority is the o-line not WR & Wes Welker has a lot of tread on those tires. Welker gets an unfair rap for his lack of height & a couple of poor timed drops. The Colts have no need for his services, but I do respect his toughness in the NFL going all the way back to his Miami Dolphins days. Shortness works well for a RB not a WR. Good luck landing on a new roster Wes. INDY has all the speed we need. Thank you.

To my Brother,and Brother Brent im with yall,people just dont realize how well off we are at WR,and TE,they just dont get it   :hmm: IMO one of the last things we need to worry about !

Hey guys, we don't have enough slot receivers! /sarcasm
I don't really consider Hilton and Avery as slot receivers, more like speedy outside receivers that play slot to try and create mismatches. That's good for a few plays a game but someone with sure hands that can catch while being hit is something we need. Hopefully Collie can comeback and have a injury free year.

So if Collie can comeback , I think we're set at WR/TE.

Hey guys, we don't have enough slot receivers! /sarcasm

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery  constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.
TY just went all season

in the slot... He isn't an outside receiver, are you nuts? Brazill and TY are enough in the slot.

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery  constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.

How is TY suited for the outside at all?

Because he is too small to be a slot receiver, and wouldn't last a season there. Discount the fact that he just lasted a full season there (and returning punts) this year.

lmaohahalmaohahalmao

He was banged-up a couple of times this year.If we put him outside,he might be similiar to s.smith.If he stays in the slot,he willnot last.

He was banged-up a couple of times this year.If we put him outside,he might be similiar to s.smith.If he stays in the slot,he willnot last.
:facepalm:

If we put him outside he will be elite. If we keep him in the slot he will be forced out of the league by injuries. Got it, Nostradamus.

If we put him outside he will be elite. If we keep him in the slot he will be forced out of the league by injuries. Got it, Nostradamus.

Yeah,that basically sums it up special ed.Besides,both hilton and avery aren't true slots(they're situational players that play in the slot to create mismatches with their speed).

Yeah,that basically sums it up special ed.Besides,both hilton and avery aren't true slots(they're situational players that play in the slot to create mismatches with their speed).