Photo

Wes Welker in Blue and White.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#41 adfisher870

adfisher870
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Somebody compile a list of all the Patriot players that are mentioned on this forum as good pickups for the Colts.  Let's see, Edelman, Talib, Woodhead, Welker.  I must have missed a bunch, it seems like more.

Vollmer

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 YOUR GM

YOUR GM
  • 1796 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Somebody compile a list of all the Patriot players that are mentioned on this forum as good pickups for the Colts.  Let's see, Edelman, Talib, Woodhead, Welker.  I must have missed a bunch, it seems like more.

Yeah, you missed the one about Brady possibly being traded going on in the NFL section right now. Let's grab him too!

<p>I am "YOUR GM," ...therefore, my decisions are infallable

#43 OldManP

OldManP
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

And didn't Jim Caldwell look like a genius yesterday?  He outcoached Bellichick, we should get him too.  Great play-calling. 

#44 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12764 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. 

You shut up BrentMc11.......a tough thing to do might I say!  Balzer, the Big Dog has nothing to add.....Carry on Colts fans :) :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#45 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Two years in a row, Welker drops a critical catchable pass in the playoffs that could have keep key Pat's drives going in close games. His best days are behind him and the Pats will let him walk. Don't overpay for free agent talent that is not needed.

#46 unitaswestand

unitaswestand
  • 1202 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I don't understand these posts about adding Welker, Wallace, or Reed.  In the case of Welker, why do we want to break the bank on an old slot receiver?  We already have a Wallace clone in TY Hilton.  And Reed is too old.

When has it ever worked that a team goes out and signs high priced free agents and succeeded?  See Daniel Snyder.

Didn't you notice we have no offensive line?   We have receivers.

While you are at it, how about we sign Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and Randy Moss.

I hope all the free agent signings are young, under the radar guys who still have upside in positions like OLine, Dline, and corner.  If we are going to add a WR, I hope it comes later in the draft or a middle of the road FA.

#47 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1017 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I really feel that Whalen will be due to make a name for himself.  Got an OC that will be running a play book that he's familiar with, has a history with Luck, and has really good speed and pretty good hands.  IMO, he's a Welker in the making.....no where near the experience, but a whole lot longer left to play and a whole lot cheaper than what it would cost to bring Welker here.  Just because you have a ton of cash to spend, doesn't mean you have to go throw it down the drain.  Grigson will spend wisely, get us some good additions to positions that we actually need and keep us out of salary cap purgatory down the road.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#48 Nostrils

Nostrils
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. 

thank you

#49 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I really feel that Whalen will be due to make a name for himself.  Got an OC that will be running a play book that he's familiar with, has a history with Luck, and has really good speed and pretty good hands.  IMO, he's a Welker in the making.....no where near the experience, but a whole lot longer left to play and a whole lot cheaper than what it would cost to bring Welker here.  Just because you have a ton of cash to spend, doesn't mean you have to go throw it down the drain.  Grigson will spend wisely, get us some good additions to positions that we actually need and keep us out of salary cap purgatory down the road.

I agree, I think Whalen can be a good receiver for us. He was productive in college and showed some promise in the preseason. I wish others here would get it, about not wasting money on big name free agents that play a position that isn't a priority.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#50 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just to add a little levity, Welker looked white after dropping that pass yesterday, and he is blue about not going to the SB.

Problem solved.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#51 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1017 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Just to add a little levity, Welker looked white after dropping that pass yesterday, and he is blue about not going to the SB.

Problem solved.

Well done, well done indeed!   :thmup:

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#52 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 7309 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

No way. He drops so many crucial catches which most people complain about.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#53 polians_pundit

polians_pundit
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

The only thing good about Welker is his hot old lady and her opinion of Ray Lewis. We dont need to overpay for a used up slot receiver that will only get hurt as soon as he steps on the field for the Colts. Spend that offseason money on O line.

#54 Boilerjd16

Boilerjd16
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

We don't need a WR that can't catch in the big spot.

#55 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

uggh

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#56 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Problem solved.

lol

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#57 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3629 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I hear NE will trade that Brady guy for Luck straight up. lol

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#58 OldManP

OldManP
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

We don't need a WR that can't catch in the big spot.

Before you "can't make a catch in the big spot", you need to "get to the big spot".

#59 OldManP

OldManP
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

The only thing good about Welker is his hot old lady and her opinion of Ray Lewis. We dont need to overpay for a used up slot receiver that will only get hurt as soon as he steps on the field for the Colts. Spend that offseason money on O line.

Save that money for Polian to drink!

#60 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13739 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Besides I think we already have a couple of younger faster Welkers on this team

Precisely, the Colts priority is the o-line not WR & Wes Welker has a lot of tread on those tires. Welker gets an unfair rap for his lack of height & a couple of poor timed drops. The Colts have no need for his services, but I do respect his toughness in the NFL going all the way back to his Miami Dolphins days. Shortness works well for a RB not a WR. Good luck landing on a new roster Wes. INDY has all the speed we need. Thank you.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#61 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3891 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Precisely, the Colts priority is the o-line not WR & Wes Welker has a lot of tread on those tires. Welker gets an unfair rap for his lack of height & a couple of poor timed drops. The Colts have no need for his services, but I do respect his toughness in the NFL going all the way back to his Miami Dolphins days. Shortness works well for a RB not a WR. Good luck landing on a new roster Wes. INDY has all the speed we need. Thank you.

To my Brother,and Brother Brent im with yall,people just dont realize how well off we are at WR,and TE,they just dont get it   :hmm: IMO one of the last things we need to worry about !

#62 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hey guys, we don't have enough slot receivers! /sarcasm
I don't really consider Hilton and Avery as slot receivers, more like speedy outside receivers that play slot to try and create mismatches. That's good for a few plays a game but someone with sure hands that can catch while being hit is something we need. Hopefully Collie can comeback and have a injury free year.

So if Collie can comeback , I think we're set at WR/TE.

#63 ADayWithoutRain

ADayWithoutRain
  • Banned
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hey guys, we don't have enough slot receivers! /sarcasm

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery  constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.

#64 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5469 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.
TY just went all season
in the slot... He isn't an outside receiver, are you nuts? Brazill and TY are enough in the slot.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#65 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13820 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Whom are these stars at the slot position you're refering to?Collie?Whalen?There's no depth currently in that vital position.Both hilton/avery  constantly take blows going over the middle(they willnot last a full season in the slot),and they're better suited playing on the outside.I like whalen,but he's a question mark,thus far and collie i'll pass on.

How is TY suited for the outside at all?

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#66 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5469 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

How is TY suited for the outside at all?
Because he is too small to be a slot receiver, and wouldn't last a season there. Discount the fact that he just lasted a full season there (and returning punts) this year.
lmao haha lmao haha lmao

#67 ADayWithoutRain

ADayWithoutRain
  • Banned
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Because he is too small to be a slot receiver, and wouldn't last a season there. Discount the fact that he just lasted a full season there (and returning punts) this year.
lmao haha lmao haha lmao

He was banged-up a couple of times this year.If we put him outside,he might be similiar to s.smith.If he stays in the slot,he willnot last.

#68 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13820 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

He was banged-up a couple of times this year.If we put him outside,he might be similiar to s.smith.If he stays in the slot,he willnot last.

When was he banged up?

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#69 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5469 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

:facepalm:
If we put him outside he will be elite. If we keep him in the slot he will be forced out of the league by injuries. Got it, Nostradamus.

#70 ADayWithoutRain

ADayWithoutRain
  • Banned
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

If we put him outside he will be elite. If we keep him in the slot he will be forced out of the league by injuries. Got it, Nostradamus.

Yeah,that basically sums it up special ed.Besides,both hilton and avery aren't true slots(they're situational players that play in the slot to create mismatches with their speed).

#71 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13820 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yeah,that basically sums it up special ed.Besides,both hilton and avery aren't true slots(they're situational players that play in the slot to create mismatches with their speed).

They are the very definition of true slots.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#72 ADayWithoutRain

ADayWithoutRain
  • Banned
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

#73 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5469 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

THAT IS A SLOT RECEIVER

#74 M_Clark

M_Clark
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Here,Here!! We need O-line help the most this off season. 

#75 Franklin County

Franklin County
  • 949 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think they are slot receivers

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (4)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great of a year Aaron Rodgers is having?

Show comments (6)
View All Updates