Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson "Nathan Palmer is as explosive of a receiver we got"

Dark Superman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is Edelman, who has injury issues and is smaller, able to take more punishment?

He's not,even though he's a similiar size to hilton.We(colts)need players that have an ability to play multiple positions and contribute heavily on special teams(not all free agent signings have to be bowe,wallace or any other player,with a tag over 10 mil a year).He's a type of player that gets the colts to the superbowl.

Collies situation is very iffy. We all love him, and he is certainly a weapon but he is not very durable.

I don't know how sound it would be to write that pay check. He's starting to get on Bob Sanders level with the injuries.

True, but with all those injuries, we probably wouldn't have to pay him all that much.  Vet min?

He's not,even though he's a similiar size to hilton.We(colts)need players that have an ability to play multiple positions and contribute heavily on special teams(not all free agent signings have to be bowe,wallace or any other player,with a tag over 10 mil a year).He's a type of player that gets the colts to the superbowl.

Hilton is a great punt returner.

No he's not, he's a mediocre player that plays pretty well in Belichick's plug-n-play system. When he leaves New England we'll never hear of him again.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 20, 2013 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 20, 2013 - inappropriate
Hilton is a great punt returner. No he's not, he's a mediocre player that plays pretty well in Belichick's plug-n-play system. When he leaves New England we'll never here of him again.

I guess he's just too jewish for your liking(seems to be a major factor in evaluating julian's talent.I'm not sure 'why' though,the guy can play.BTW:Jim irsay is also jewish).Did you watch the game where julian stuffed the ball up our(colts D)orificeses?

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 20, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 20, 2013 - response to hidden post
I guess he's just too jewish for your liking(seems to be a major factor in evaluating julian's talent.I'm not sure 'why' though,the guy can play.BTW:Jim irsay is also jewish).Did you watch the game where julian stuffed the ball up our(colts D)orificeses?

.........................what? I didn't even know he was jewish. What does that have to do with anything?

Where did anyone at all in the entire thread say anything about being Jewish? Must mean you're Jewish and have some weird complex

Hilton is a great punt returner.

No he's not, he's a mediocre player that plays pretty well in Belichick's plug-n-play system. When he leaves New England we'll never hear of him again.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY.....Dustin...did I say really? :lol:

I do not want Edelman......but I think that Pagano would make him run through a brick wall!  I really do.  That said......Patriots/Edelman/:  Stay home bad dog!!!  :)

Where did anyone at all in the entire thread say anything about being Jewish? Must mean you're Jewish and have some weird complex

Actually,i'm not(family is),but i'm starting to see a common theme when other evaluate julian.The guys' tough as nails,and plays bigger than his size.

Actually,i'm not(family is),but i'm starting to see a common theme when other evaluate julian.The guys' tough as nails,and plays bigger than his size.

What are you talking about? Hittin' the sauce early are we?

I've seen nutty stuff on this forum, but there is a new winner.  You do know you've now done this twice on the forum, right?  You went a similar route in your Cousins thread in the NFL General section too when faced with people who don't share your opinion.  It might be time to remove the tin foil hat and go get a breath of fresh air. 

This thread is about Palmer.  You introduced Edelman - again.  69 catches in four years with Brady.  You can love the guy.  Many of us don't.  It's ok.  But accusing someone of being anti-Semitic because they don't agree with you is about as loony as it comes.

WR Core for next year

1. Reggie Wayne

2. TY Hilton

3. Nathan Palmer

4. LaVon Brazill/Griff Whalen

5. Sambrano

6. Kris Adams (Listed on the Practice Squad Currently)

This WR Core is my Prediction

Sambrano had good tape from college (I know I was excited for him), but was a bit disappointing in camp. If he failed to to get a roster spot last year, I don't know why after a year of not playing he'd be anymore likely to make a roster spot this year. Also, I'd put Adams on your list to be more likely to see a chance to make a spot next year than Sambrano. Adams is quick and has size, and saw a good amount of play in the preseason and even made the initial sixth-man roster spot (if I recall correctly); with a season on the practice squad he might be fresh enough to give it a better go this time around. Or he could be cut in the off-season anything can happen. lol

I've seen nutty stuff on this forum, but there is a new winner.  You do know you've now done this twice on the forum, right?  You went a similar route in your Cousins thread in the NFL General section too when faced with people who don't share your opinion.  It might be time to remove the tin foil hat and go get a breath of fresh air. 

This thread is about Palmer.  You introduced Edelman - again.  69 catches in four years with Brady.  You can love the guy.  Many of us don't.  It's ok.  But accusing someone of being anti-Semitic because they don't agree with you is about as loony as it comes.

Not my intention,but it just seems strange that julian is judged differently than other players.I'm for equality,regardless of heritage.The best players should play...period.Yes,and cousins(previous thread) is a devout christian(similiar to tebow),and he's a non-jewish,so there's no connection.

Not my intention,but it just seems strange that julian is judged differently than other players.I'm for equality,regardless of heritage.The best players should play...period.Yes,and cousins(previous thread) is a devout christian(similiar to tebow),and he's a non-jewish,so there's no connection.

I didn't even know Edelman was jewish and I didn't know Cousins was a devout christian and honestly, I don't care at all. Getting back to Edelman though, I think many just don't share your enthusiasm for him because in all honesty, he just isn't anything to get excited about. You can feel about him anyway you want, but most just don't see anything special about him and certainly not really an upgrade over anything we have on the roster. You act as if Edelman is the next Megatron and yet one of the best coaches with one of the best QB's in the NFL hardly even use him in their pass happy system. Like I said, you feel how you want about him, but the truth is, he simply isn't anything to get excited about.

Like it has been noted. a lot of unproven WRs.....I like Palmer BIG TIME! I LOVE Austin Collie.....I hope he is given a shot here, but....I also wonder how he can keep on "keepin on." :dunno::thinking: !!!!!

With Reggie having limited time left and still showing incredible skills, I would not doubt in the least to see a NAME FA at WR......feeling it.....Like Gibbs on NCIS, my gut is right a lot! :) Been wrong before.....:)

Make it Greg Jennings please. Please, please please. Not the big WR I've begged for on occassion, but same size as Reggie. I'd love to see Jennings in speed blue, and drool when dreaming about Luck having the option to throw it to Wayne, Jennings, Hilton, Allen, Fleener (and Brazill, et. al.)

Make it Greg Jennings please. Please, please please. Not the big WR I've begged for on occassion, but same size as Reggie. I'd love to see Jennings in speed blue, and drool when dreaming about Luck having the option to throw it to Wayne, Jennings, Hilton, Allen, Fleener (and Brazill, et. al.)

if the man is healthy....and we can get him...love him.....as I said...just one name...Good man!  :)

I think hilton's growth potential is stunted in the slot,and he's just not big enough for it.He's much more dangerous on the outside,with quick screens in open field.

Hilton is perfect for the slot , usually you want speedy smaller guys for it to create mis-matches. You can see Wes Welker for example he is 185 lbs. 5'9 just a bit more heavier than TY. And he is arguably the best slot wr to come around in some time.

Per Rotoworld.

Colts GM Ryan Grigson called WR Nathan Palmer "about as explosive a receiver we have."

It's high praise with T.Y. Hilton on the roster. Palmer was plucked off the 49ers' practice squad in September and appeared in five games, registering just one catch. At 5-foot-11, 195, he caught 47 passes for 695 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior at Northern Illinois in 2011. With Donnie Avery and Austin Collie set for free agency, Palmer will compete for an increased role in 2013.

Source: colts.com Jan 19 - 6:39 PM

I was trying to find the genesis of this comment by Grigson.  I know it was reported by Rotoworld recently, but it sounds like an old quote, doesn't it?  I'm wondering if it was said back when they first acquired him?

Either way, it doesn't change things.  There are several guys on the roster with a lot of potential, but need to prove it on the field.

For what it's worth, here's my guess at who makes it next season:  Reggie, TY, Brazil, Whalen, and the best ST contributor from the rest of the group.   I anticipate a lot more use of the TE in the slot, so less of a need for a 6th WR.

I want a big WR also to compliment our smurfs. However, you have to believe that Pep's offense will target Fleener a bunch. He is as fast as most WRs.

Yep, this is what I have been saying all along. We already have our big receiving target. I don't care that he is a TE by position, he is much more like a big WR that people keep clamoring for. He is as fast as many WR's so he can line up where ever they want to put him. We do not need to waste 10-12 million dollars a yr. on a WR that will just take away from us being able to build a much better O-line and a stronger defense.

I'd like to see us bring Collie back.  We have a lot of speed on the team, but I'd like to see us have another solid route runner like we have in Wayne.

that's why I have recently changed my mind about getting a reliable guy this offseason like Danny A. from St. Louis.. he isn't going to knock anyone's socks off, but he has really good hands and will (presumably) fit in great with our new philosophy on Offense... I would love to have another reliable route runner with solid hands in that group... maybe someone steps up from the list of guys we already have.. Austin Collie could've been great, but his question marks are too serious to count on him on the depth chart every week.

I think that Reggie will stay to the left, Hilton will line up on the right, and it will be a combo of Whalen and Brazil lining up in the slot, with Palmer and Adams/Sambrano filling out the depth chart.  Of course there may be some moving around of players in different positions as they are all of similar size, but don't discredit Whalen's time with Luck and now Hamilton at Stanford.  If healthy you could see a lot out of Griff this next season.  As Balzer40 said WR is a luxury addition for this team.  Only if everything else has been addressed would I be ok with adding another WR to this group.

I think that Reggie will stay to the left, Hilton will line up on the right, and it will be a combo of Whalen and Brazil lining up in the slot, with Palmer and Adams/Sambrano filling out the depth chart.  Of course there may be some moving around of players in different positions as they are all of similar size, but don't discredit Whalen's time with Luck and now Hamilton at Stanford.  If healthy you could see a lot out of Griff this next season.  As Balzer40 said WR is a luxury addition for this team.  Only if everything else has been addressed would I be ok with adding another WR to this group.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that?

The practice of Reggie always being on the left and the other WR always being on the right went out the window when Arians arrived.   It's been my read of things here that most people liked that change and perhaps, so did Reggie.   He lines up all over the place.    I hope, and expect that to continue.

He went on IR during camp when his foot was re-injured. He's still under contract, through 2014.

And I'd rather have him than Julian Edelman.

Me too.  I wonder if he really injured his foot enough to go on IR or if the Colts were just stashing him?  I get the feeling that the could have been healthy in a month or so.  

I think Stanford had him listed at 6-1 on their website.  We have him at 5-11.  It seems to me that he plays 'bigger', if you know what I mean.