Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady vs. Joe Montana debate

amfootball

He carried the worst defense in the league second only to GB to the SB last year. He is doing it again this year. The actual SB is hard to win you know but he is getting there every other year. Mind blowing stat.

Yeah he really carried them in the AFCCG last year.....239 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTS.

Brady is really good but like every other QB in the history of the game, whether they win a SB or not is dependent on the quality of their team around them.

The entire NFL uses it as their defensive rank. Same for the offense. It is yards.

Points matter though. During the SB years BB was about limiting teams inside the redzone and not worrying as much about teams moving it between the 20's.

One won four superbowls WITH some great 49er teams...including but not limited to the best WR to ever play.

The other won three superbowls WITH some great Patriot defensive teams.He currently has the best offensive line and weapons in all of football and a D that generates a crapton of turnovers. Oh, and the best coach of all time. He's a better QB than he was on any of those championship teams, but hasn't won crap since spygate.

I'd take Montana over Brady, but neither is the GOAT.

I was wrong last weekend and I aplogize. I can no longer give the edge to Brady over Manning either (I also do not think Luck reminds me of either really deep down lol). I got carried away in the moment last weekend. I won't put either one as the GOAT but I have almost always thought Manning was the better of the QBs between Manning/Brady.

Problem is Manning's blunders in big games seem to happen at the worst times. (pick 6 vs. Saints/OT pick vs. Ravens) so they can be more haunting.

But, he has been better IMO in recent playoff losses then Brady overall.

There is something about this NE team that is very much a tease in recent years. They let you down on offense far too often.

I feel as if Manning is often truly a victim of bad luck and circumstance. He gets teams at the worst times quite often. The Pats beat up on Houston a few times and people often got carried away.

I do think the Pats/Broncos have more holes then people might think on the roster though. They beat up on poor divisions and tend to struggle more vs. the better teams.

The Patriots loss overshadowed the Falcons collapse too.

It helps Matt Ryan.

I feel bad for Matt Ryan.

Also, the Broncos had that game last weekend and Peyton had them in a position to win.  That safety blunder was like the "wide left" kick.

I can still vision Manning on the sideline "he missed it"  OMG.

Well as the Patriots just got flat out dominated.

Tough loss but still does not dissuade the debate. Brady stands at 17-7, most post-season wins all time. He also has the most passing yards all time in the post season and is 3 TDs away from most TDs all time. Just hope Bill gets him a beast WR next year like a Julio Jones or Boldin. Congrats to ravens though. They are playing inspired football.