Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warhorse

Make up a word

32 posts in this topic

Sometimes, there just isn't a word for what you want to convey...or maybe you want to join two words together. Any ideas?

Today I said a word by accident.....then I decided to come up with a description for it.

Partaking in too much hippie lettuce and getting paranoid = Terrifried

3 people like this

I'm gonna borrow an NFL name and say that a "singletary" is now defined as a single secretary.

And if they look anything like Mike....they'll probably stay a "singletary".

3 people like this

My word is chokan's(choke-texans).>Definition:To suddenly fail,even though the odds are in your favor.

Example:Sara was super chokan during her final exam this afternoon,even though she studied tubularily hard!

My word is chokan's(choke-texans).>Definition:To suddenly fail,even though the odds are in your favor.

Example:Sara was super chokan during her final exam this afternoon,even though she studied tubularily hard!

2 people like this

I appreciate you taking part in the thread, but please dont use it as an opportunity to create more angst between division rivals.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, January 21, 2013 - Baiting

I appreciate you taking part in the thread, but please dont use it as an opportunity to create more angst between division rivals.

Lighten'-up dude.The ENTIRE aspect of football is creating a rivalry.It isn't football,without rivalries.I truly hope this 'PC' crap stops in our society,because its killing football(among other important things).I won't be replying to anymore of your threads(especially when you place such rediculous demands).Have fun by yourself.

Here's one the fiancée loves to use.

Dramastically.

Combo of dramatic and drastic.

She uses that one all the time. Even though I've assured her its one or the other lmao.

1 person likes this

Encourageable. Able to be encouraged. It's not a word, for real.

1 person likes this

Exhaustipated  =   too tired to give a crap.... ;)

3 people like this

moisturization

I heard this on an ad for an emollient and I thought to myself "That's not a word"

googled it and cannot find it in any online dictionary but I do see dermatology books/products using it as though it were.

so I still don't know if it is a word

One just needs to read the occassional thread in this forum to find all kinds creative abuses of the English language. In a recent thread about Revis, for example... "Shalont"? Supposedly means top tier?

My favorite non word of all time... "Irregardless".

1 person likes this

intergalactate - the act of producing breast milk while traveling between galaxies

1 person likes this

One just needs to read the occassional thread in this forum to find all kinds creative abuses of the English language. In a recent thread about Revis, for example... "Shalont"? Supposedly means top tier?

Could you be more pacific?

Lucktacular - used to describe an unbelievable win by the Indianapolis Colts in an improbable situation. 

1 person likes this

Could you be more pacific?

Speling wuz nehver my starrong soot... :o

2 people like this

I think he was trying to say echelon, as in upper-echelon, He used it right but had the spelling all wrong, dictionary.com is a favorite of mine.  Irregardless of that I know what you mean.

All kidding aside though, for the longest time, I used to use Irregardless.  I felt like an * after I tried to look it up.

This thread reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's bit about uwuntto? (you want to?) but as one word.

A place to buy a good hypothesis = Hypothecary

A person who rates fireplaces = Judgemantle

Where you keep your bandages = Scabinet

1 person likes this

I think he was trying to say echelon, as in upper-echelon, He used it right but had the spelling all wrong, dictionary.com is a favorite of mine. Irregardless of that I know what you mean.

All kidding aside though, for the longest time, I used to use Irregardless. I felt like an * after I tried to look it up.

This thread reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's bit about uwuntto? (you want to?) but as one word.

Ahh. Echelon makes sense.

I normally use onelook.com, it is a one point source access to all the other dictionary websites.

Your uwuntto reminds me of the bit my dad used to do with me: jeet? junna? squeet.

Flabulous

Rob Ryan was outta work 22,987 minutes & the Rams hired him so quickly because he's " Flabulous " :banana:

:GoodBad:

1 person likes this

When a guy has epic fail at picking up a woman = Charmageddon

2 people like this

Hatriots= hated New England Patriots (nothing personal guys)

Choketastic- to choke in a spectacular fashion. Example: to throw a pick while on the verge of winning resulting in a loss.

Bumble- when a QB fumbles the ball by running into a lineman's buttocks.

Coats- Indianapolis Colts in a rural dialect

Cereal( or serial )-to be sarcastic about being serious

Manninging- to show displeasure or frustration through facial expression, furrowing of the brow, lips tightly clinched, with a slight frown

Bradying- 1.siting on the ground with legs fully extended, at a 90 degree angle, with head facing down. To sit on the ground in displeasure and/or frustration.

2. To throw down a cup of Gatoraid with great force because of extreme frustration and disappointment.

2 people like this

irvining - to talk excessively without saying anything of value. also known as sandersing

Hatriots= hated New England Patriots (nothing personal guys)

Choketastic- to choke in a spectacular fashion. Example: to throw a pick while on the verge of winning resulting in a loss.

Bumble- when a QB fumbles the ball by running into a lineman's buttocks.

Coats- Indianapolis Colts in a rural dialect

Cereal( or serial )-to be sarcastic about being serious

Manninging- to show displeasure or frustration through facial expression, furrowing of the brow, lips tightly clinched, with a slight frown

Bradying- 1.siting on the ground with legs fully extended, at a 90 degree angle, with head facing down. To sit on the ground in displeasure and/or frustration.

2. To throw down a cup of Gatoraid with great force because of extreme frustration and disappointment.

Appreciate the contribution to the thread, but another poster was asked earlier to not use the thread to create angst among fans of other teams. This is the misc thread that is away from the football talk. Thanks.

Appreciate the contribution to the thread, but another poster was asked earlier to not use the thread to create angst among fans of other teams. This is the misc thread that is away from the football talk. Thanks.

I thought it was pretty balanced and haven't had a complaint about this post. I get along with our resident Patriot fans, I doubt they see this as anything more than ribbing.

Traveshamockery. A travesty, a sham, and a mockery. I wonder if anyone gets the reference...

Traveshamockery. A travesty, a sham, and a mockery. I wonder if anyone gets the reference...

I don't get the reference :(

Flabulous

Rob Ryan was outta work 22,987 minutes & the Rams hired him so quickly because he's " Flabulous " :banana:

:GoodBad:

When the Rams said Ryan did not fit their defensive scheme 1,443 minutes ago, Ryan was visibly  flabbergasted.....OOPS!  That is a real word :)

He was 'hairified' he would not coach in 5 minutes.

rob-ryan-cowboys.jpg

1 person likes this