Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed to Indy?

Was reading a recent article on my NFL 12' app which was saying that word is the Ravens will release him to FA. His two mist likely places to end up would be Indy and New England. Indy cause if his relationship with pagano and our cap space, NE cause of belichecks known admiration and respect for his skill. Is this something we should pursue?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he came cheap. He would bring some much needed attitude and leadership to the d. Bad bing would be age. If this was a few years ago I'd say heck ya! If we do get him I hope we pick up a Elam for him to mentor! Heck he could probably help bethea also

I wouldn't mind it at a very reasonable price. He could be a great mentor to our young players and I believe he still has a little bit in the tank. At worst he's a great leader in the clubhouse and on the field.

Yep.  And an old(er) Ed Reed is still better than anything we have now.

Was reading a recent article on my NFL 12' app which was saying that word is the Ravens will release him to FA. His two mist likely places to end up would be Indy and New England. Indy cause if his relationship with pagano and our cap space, NE cause of belichecks known admiration and respect for his skill. Is this something we should pursue?

While Ed Reed is still in the playoffs, this is all speculation.  Did your dog eat your homework again?

No way can we fill all of our needs this year in the draft. We need too much. Pick him up if he's not horrible expensive and next year draft a replacement.

I don't think anyone thinks we can fill our needs in the draft. If we get two starters, that's a great draft. We have the money to get proven players. Reed can be one of those if he doesn't price himself out of the market.

Although, the story in Baltimore is that Ozzie doesn't like to let guys like that get away.

5 years ago I would've said yes. Right now, I think no. Here are the reasons why not:

-He is an emblematic player of Ravens, he should resign and walk into HOF as a Raven.

-He has perhaps 1 year left, if he would win an SB now, I think he would resume his career. If he wouldn't win, he should choose an other SB contender team (if he leaves Ravens)

-I'm not sure he wants to leave Ravens.

While Ed Reed is still in the playoffs, this is all speculation.  Did your dog eat your homework again?

Obviously you didn't do your homework at all.  The topic, written by a sports analyst, discusses that the Ravens WILL MOST LIKELY release him after the season, meaning after the playoffs.  So now do you care to reply to this topic and add some value or continue to sound like an *.

Reggie Wayne said he's gonna recruit Ed Reed

Draft Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro, or Rambo to let them learn under Reed. He'll probably only play for another year or 2 honestly

problem with that is both Elam and Vaccaro are projected top 20 picks, atleast in the couple of mock drafts i have seen in the last month. Rambo is projected to be drafted in the second round (which we dont have a pick in that round) so chances are we wont get any of them unless the colts either trade up in the first round. i like all three and would want which ever one we got to be the starter next year, not sit on the bench. if i had to guess Elam may actually fall to us. 

5 years ago I would've said yes. Right now, I think no. Here are the reasons why not:

-He is an emblematic player of Ravens, he should resign and walk into HOF as a Raven.

-He has perhaps 1 year left, if he would win an SB now, I think he would resume his career. If he wouldn't win, he should choose an other SB contender team (if he leaves Ravens)

-I'm not sure he wants to leave Ravens.

so was peyton manning, and look where he is playing. great players dont always stick with the team they were with their whole career. 

problem with that is both Elam and Vaccaro are projected top 20 picks, atleast in the couple of mock drafts i have seen in the last month. Rambo is projected to be drafted in the second round (which we dont have a pick in that round) so chances are we wont get any of them unless the colts either trade up in the first round. i like all three and would want which ever one we got to be the starter next year, not sit on the bench. if i had to guess Elam may actually fall to us.

I see what you're saying. I want Elam or Vaccaro.

I was just listing the options since this thread was about Ed Reed. But me personally, I want a fresh young Safety

Rambo we can get because we DO have a 2nd round pick.  Vontae Davis did not play enough games this year to fulfill the conditional second pick obligation so we didnt lose that pick to them. 

I see what you're saying. I want Elam or Vaccaro.

I was just listing the options since this thread was about Ed Reed. But me personally, I want a fresh young Safety

and their def. really good options. and although projected to be a top 20 pick i honestly think Elam will fall down to us. and if he does im hoping the colts do pick him. 

Rambo we can get because we DO have a 2nd round pick.  Vontae Davis did not play enough games this year to fulfill the conditional second pick obligation so we didnt lose that pick to them. 

the conditional pick was a 6th round pick. the 2nd round pick was the deal to the dolphins for davis.

I started a topic just like this yesterday http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14865-ed-reed-possibly-a-fa-this-offseason/

Rambo we can get because we DO have a 2nd round pick. Vontae Davis did not play enough games this year to fulfill the conditional second pick obligation so we didnt lose that pick to them.

That was our 6th round pick we get to keep. We can always trade our 1st for. 2nd and other picks though if they wanted to.

and their def. really good options. and although projected to be a top 20 pick i honestly think Elam will fall down to us. and if he does im hoping the colts do pick him.

I say the Draft should be Defense Heavy since offense was the "Theme" last year. Then use FA for both Offense & Defense imo

I would love to see Ed Reed in a colts uniform next year. Yeah he's old and close to retirement but this could motivate him to play hard with old teammate/roommate Reggie Wayne on the same team. I think it'd be cool to see Ed Reed and Reggie play a couple years together then retire at same time, both as a Colt. Ed is better than anyone else we have(tom/joe). It must be a reasonable price though, I don't want to just pay him cause of his name, maybe Wayne will talk his price down? We shall see