Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowglobe

Tom Brady record watch

101 posts in this topic

Tom Brady needs:

4 TDs to tie Joe Montana for most all time, 5 to break

226 yards to tie Brett Favre for most all time, 227 to break

A win for most SB appearances in NFL history by a QB (6)

2 TD passes in the SB (if he advances) to tie Montana for most all time, 3 to break

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (playoffs)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most AFCCG appearances(8) (currently tied with Montana @ 7)

Most SB wins (5)

I will always Personally  Love Peyton Best ( after Unitas ), Am not starting a Peyton  Vs Brady thing here

I merely wish u as a fellow football fan who I hope respects great players & games, Best of luck

You forgot that he can also tie Montana for most SB MVPS with 3 if he gets there and wins

He also holds the record for most consecutive completions in a SB with 17. He did that last year.

Recently I heard someone compare Brady to Joe Dimaggio in terms of his consistency and championships. I thought it was really accurate even though I loathe all things Yankees. I think what makes Brady truly brilliant like Joe is that he makes the extraordinary look ordinary. I expect him to come out with guns firing today to make up for his poor performance last year.

Pats fan perhaps? Anyway Brady is great. Why hasn't he won more in the lsat 8 years? If you make it less one sided, and list some of his struggles, other might take you more seriously..... 

1 person likes this

Pats fan perhaps? Anyway Brady is great. Why hasn't he won more in the lsat 8 years? If you make it less one sided, and list some of his struggles, other might take you more seriously..... 

The Dimaggio comment was by a national media person. I think Peter King. He has won a ton the last 8 years and is on the verge of his third SB appearance in the last 5 years.

This thread is full of so much win and yet so much fail.

The game should provide the context for interpreting this comment.

Brady has set the record for consecutive playoff appearances without a Super Bowl win with 7. 

I'll be sad if OP doesn't come back to this thread.

Love them when they win. Gotta love them when they lose too haha

Tom Brady needs:

4 TDs to tie Joe Montana for most all time, 5 to break

226 yards to tie Brett Favre for most all time, 227 to break

A win for most SB appearances in NFL history by a QB (6)

2 TD passes in the SB (if he advances) to tie Montana for most all time, 3 to break

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (playoffs)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most AFCCG appearances(8) (currently tied with Montana @ 7)

Most SB wins (5)

I have a sudden urge for that Brady vs. Montana debate now for some reason.  :yahoo:  How about this OP, Brady couldn't hold Montana's jock strap.  The great Brady threw 2 pics in the second half with the game on the line and came up with a whole "0" clutch points in the second half.  You wanna crucify Peyton well its fair play now on your boy.  At least it took double OT for 18 to fall.  Brady went absent for an entire half and contributed to his team coughing up the lead.  Again...he generated no points in the second half.  Zero.  See how ridiculous this sort of thing is now? 

Ravens hit your boys in the mouth and knocked them out figuratively and literally.  Knocked...them....the...fug...out!  That's the way it goes...no one's unbeatable or unstoppable.  Any given Sunday and this Sunday you got served a slice of humble pie.  Enjoy!

Bwaaaaahaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa! haha

4 people like this

I have a sudden urge for that Brady vs. Montana debate now for some reason. :yahoo: How about this OP, Brady couldn't hold Montana's jock strap. The great Brady threw 2 pics in the second half with the game on the line and came up with a whole "0" clutch points in the second half. You wanna crucify Peyton well its fair play now on your boy. At least it took double OT for 18 to fall. Brady went absent for an entire half and contributed to his team coughing up the lead. Again...he generated no points in the second half. Zero. See how ridiculous this sort of thing is now?

Ravens hit your boys in the mouth and knocked them out figuratively and literally. Knocked...them....the...fug...out! That's the way it goes...no one's unbeatable or unstoppable. Any given Sunday and this Sunday you got served a slice of humble pie. Enjoy!

I have never liked a post more than i like this one... They should give us more likes after pats losses and colts wins

3 people like this

Unbelievable the Pats up 0 pts in both the 3rd AND 4th quarters. I know they could have kicked a FG instead of attempt the 4th down conversion, but come on.

One thing I think the Pats need to do: Stop having Welker returning punts. The guy clearly showed signs of exhaustion at some points. You're telling me the Pats can't find another fast guy for returns?

First  & foremost, I want to commend NE on a very good year. Yes, it hurts like Hades to get so close to the SB & lose. When Peyton Manning lost to the Ravens, I wasn't happy at all. I even took a brief break from posting just to ensure I didn't say anything rash or spiteful. Tom Brady & Bill Belichick will eventually win a 4th SB ring. It's inevitable. To all the Foxboro friends I have met & become friends with, it sucks to fall short of the Lombardi Promiseland that's true, but you have a great team & you will return to greatness again. Thank you all my NE friends...You guys are alright man.  :thmup:  Hang in there fellas...

Regarding John & Jim Harbaugh, New Orleans is gonna be an excellent game & Joe Flacco played a fantastic game. He's gonna get a monster 2nd contract & yes Flacco is in the elite conversation now. Nice job Ray Lewis! I'm actually rooting for the 49ers to win the Lombardi trophy now. I love Ray Lewis, but I have great admiration for Randy Moss too. Plus, it would be cool to see a rookie QB win the SB IMO. Plus, HC Jim Harbaugh is growing on me. He's a darn good coach! I wonder what Peyton Manning is thinking right now? Hmmm....

Oh, and Brady made some pretty bad mistakes.  Clock mismanagement, low throws that got batted away, throws in the dirt, etc.  He is so used to having all day behind his Oline that when he gets real pressure, he fails just like an average QB.  At least he failed tonight, that's for sure. 

First  & foremost, I want to commend NE on a very good year. Yes, it hurts like Hades to get so close to the SB & lose. When Peyton Manning lost to the Ravens, I wasn't happy at all. I even took a brief break from posting just to ensure I didn't say anything rash or spiteful. Tom Brady & Bill Belichick will eventually win a 4th SB ring. It's inevitable. To all the Foxboro friends I have met & become friends with, it sucks to fall short of the Lombardi Promiseland that's true, but you have a great team & you will return to greatness again. Thank you all my NE friends...You guys are alright man.  :thmup:  Hang in there fellas...

Regarding John & Jim Harbaugh, New Orleans is gonna be an excellent game & Joe Flacco played a fantastic game. He's gonna get a monster 2nd contract & yes Flacco is in the elite conversation now. Nice job Ray Lewis! I'm actually rooting for the 49ers to win the Lombardi trophy now. I love Ray Lewis, but I have great admiration for Randy Moss too. Plus, it would be cool to see a rookie QB win the SB IMO. Plus, HC Jim Harbaugh is growing on me. He's a darn good coach! I wonder what Peyton Manning is thinking right now? Hmmm....

Peyton is not thinking he is hunting. :funny:  Don't :stir: or I'm coming after you and you don't want Susie Q after you friend. :thmup:

1 person likes this

To the classy Pats fans, my condolences and congratulations on another good season.  You guys are always in the mix and as long as you have Belicheck and 12 you'll be in it.  Just not your year.  It's Ray Ray's time. 

1 person likes this

I was really bummed after the Colts loss,  and then again after the Broncos loss.

All the trash talk on here about Peyton this past week, from a few posters was unbearable at times.....

I never want to be one to celebrate one's losses, or misfortunes, and I do feel "some pain" for the Pats fans tonight,  only because I remember how bad I felt the past two weeks.

But dang,  I'm surprised at just how  good I feel  right now.  :yahoo:   

6 people like this

I was really bummed after the Colts loss,  and then again after the Broncos loss.

All the trash talk on here about Peyton this past week, from a few posters was unbearable at times.....

I never want to be one to celebrate one's losses, or misfortunes, and I do feel "some pain" for the Pats fans tonight,  only because I remember how bad I felt the past two weeks.

But dang,  I feel really good right now.  :yahoo:   

Well at least the team that beat the Colts and Broncos is now going to the SB.  :) Our teams didn't lose to a loosing team but the AFC Champions. :thmup:

1 person likes this

Peyton is not thinking he is hunting. :funny:  Don't :stir: or I'm coming after you and you don't want Susie Q after you friend. :thmup:

Funny Susie Q... :lol: No, I don't want that. SW1 knows when he's met his match or, more appropriately, been outgunned. I yield, I yield.  :giveup:

1 person likes this

It's Ray Ray's time. 

Actually, if I were to root for the Ravens, it's not Ray Lewis I'd root for but Ed Reed. Ray's already got a ring no matter what happens in February. The beast bearded safety in the NFL can't say that. If Baltimore wins in 2 weeks that's who I'll be happy for myself.

EdReed1440x900.jpg

This thread is classic.

I wonder if Snowglobe takes a break from this forum for a while.

1 person likes this

Actually, if I were to root for the Ravens, it's not Ray Lewis I'd root for but Ed Reed. Ray's already got a ring no matter what happens in February. The beast bearded safety in the NFL can't say that. If Baltimore wins in 2 weeks that's who I'll be happy for myself.

EdReed1440x900.jpg

I hear ya.  I'll actually be happy for both.  Being from Bmore and a fan of the Baltimore Colts before they moved to Indy, I have an affinity for the Ravens and root for them to do well as long as it is not at the expense of the Colts.  So basically I'd be happy for the whole franchise, their fans and the city as well.  lol 

1 person likes this

This whole thread just seems dumb now..

I object to the bolded portion of this post.

5 people like this

I think we should 'pin' this as an epic reminder of how not to start a new thread.....

5 people like this

This thread = Dysfunction

Definition #2 - : abnormal or unhealthy interpersonal behavior or interaction within a group

As was pointed out to me  from one of my friends on here,  one of the best things to come out of this recent Patriots loss,   is that our Colts Fanbase appears to be more "unified"  than it has been in a long time...   It's kind of Nice   don't you agree....????

4 people like this

Where's Snowy?  Pulling a Belicheck I guess.   Or maybe he's making like Brady...absent for the second half.  :funny:   

5 people like this

New record. Most injuries claimed to avoid pro bowl after an embarrassing loss.

I still find it ridiculous that you can't delete posts. Either that, or I haven't figured out how.

I'm with you there. I mostly post from cell phone and double post all the time.

Well at least the team that beat the Colts and Broncos is now going to the SB.  :) Our teams didn't lose to a loosing team but the AFC Champions. :thmup:

Yep, I always pull for the team that beats us to win it all...unless it's the Patriots :neener:

Brady has set the record for consecutive playoff appearances without a Super Bowl win with 7. 

he is actually tide with Elway for that record of 7 . . .

he is actually tide with Elway for that record of 7 . . .

Elway missed the playoffs in '85, '90, '92, '94, and '95. Brady has gone 7 straight years as a starter and lost.

Elway missed the playoffs in '85, '90, '92, '94, and '95. Brady has gone 7 straight years as a starter and lost.

altho he did not play long, he did play in 2008 . . . so it depends on what you mean by consecutive . . . is it consecutive years or is it consecutive playoffs appearences (as in making the playoffs in 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11 and 12) if that is your std than both have 7, if your standard is consecutives years then it is 4 years 09-12 . . . with 05-07 being 3 . . .

altho he did not play long, he did play in 2008 . . . so it depends on what you mean by consecutive . . . is it consecutive years or is it consecutive playoffs appearences (as in making the playoffs in 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11 and 12) if that is your std than both have 7, if your standard is consecutives years then it is 4 years 09-12 . . . with 05-07 being 3 . . .

He started every game in '05, '06, '07, '09, '10, '11, '12. In every year he has had the ability to start every game and a game in the playoffs he has not won a Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning is at five consecutive without a SB. I am not counting last year of course when he did not play.

Brady and Elway are an interesting comparison. Before Brady, I had Elway as the best ever for a couple of reasons. First, like Brady he took pretty average teams to the SB and even though he lost three in the 80's, he came back at the end of his career to two more SBs and winning them. Brady is very similar in that his first and last SB appearance are 10 years apart. You compare that with Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman who never made another SB after their runs and it separates Brady and Elway significantly IMO.

Peyton Manning is at five consecutive without a SB. I am not counting last year of course when he did not play.

Brady and Elway are an interesting comparison. Before Brady, I had Elway as the best ever for a couple of reasons. First, like Brady he took pretty average teams to the SB and even though he lost three in the 80's, he came back at the end of his career to two more SBs and winning them. Brady is very similar in that his first and last SB appearance are 10 years apart. You compare that with Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman who never made another SB after their runs and it separates Brady and Elway significantly IMO.

Joe Montana is the greatest ever. He took the cheifs to the afc championship game in the extreme twilight of his career

Joe Montana is the greatest ever. He took the cheifs to the afc championship game in the extreme twilight of his career

I would put Montana third. I have never understood the obession with him to be honest. I know he played lights out in the SBs but he had the best football player of all time in Jerry Rice for most of his career and the best HC in Bill Walsh not to mention a team full of HoFers. The fact that the niners traded him away when he still had a couple of more good years in him tells you all you need to know. Young stepped in and won the SB that is how stacked those niners team were.

Both Brady and Elway did more with much, much less talent.

I would put Montana third. I have never understood the obession with him to be honest. I know he played lights out in the SBs but he had the best football player of all time in Jerry Rice for most of his career and the best HC in Bill Walsh not to mention a team full of HoFers. The fact that the niners traded him away when he still had a couple of more good years in him tells you all you need to know. Young stepped in and won the SB that is how stacked those niners team were.

Both Brady and Elway did more with much, much less talent.

Brady hasn't done more since the defense took a nose dive after they won their last super bowl

Not to mention alot of nfc teams were stacked in those days

I have a sudden urge for that Brady vs. Montana debate now for some reason.  :yahoo:  How about this OP, Brady couldn't hold Montana's jock strap.  The great Brady threw 2 pics in the second half with the game on the line and came up with a whole "0" clutch points in the second half.  You wanna crucify Peyton well its fair play now on your boy.  At least it took double OT for 18 to fall.  Brady went absent for an entire half and contributed to his team coughing up the lead.  Again...he generated no points in the second half.  Zero.  See how ridiculous this sort of thing is now? 

Ravens hit your boys in the mouth and knocked them out figuratively and literally.  Knocked...them....the...fug...out!  That's the way it goes...no one's unbeatable or unstoppable.  Any given Sunday and this Sunday you got served a slice of humble pie.  Enjoy!

Not a great game by Brady by his standards but he surpassed montana in playoff wins and yardage. Still has 3 TDs to go to pass him there. But right now they are neck and neck. I personally don't believe Brady needs the 4th ring to be considered better than him. I think he already is and the numbers bear it out both in the post season and regular season. Brady has done way more with much less talent.

Brady hasn't done more since the defense took a nose dive after they won their last super bowl

Not to mention alot of nfc teams were stacked in those days

He took the worst ranked defense to the SB last year and the 25t ranked defense to the afc champ game this year and he was throwing to smurfs in the playoffs with Gronk out.

He took the worst ranked defense to the SB last year and the 25t ranked defense to the afc champ game this year and he was throwing to smurfs in the playoffs with Gronk out.

Do a little research on the chief team Montana took to the afc championship game

Do a little research on the chief team Montana took to the afc championship game

He had Marcus Allen another HoF and Neil Smith on defense. I remember that team well. Best team in KC franchise history. I also remember the Bills schooling him in the AFC champ game. I think he was looking for Jerry all day.