Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Mathieu

The talent level between Mathieu and Jenkins isn't even close, that's the difference. Jenkins was a top ten pick if not for off the field issues.

i dont think the OP mentioned anything about using a first rounder on mathieu. as i had posted on another thread, he would be worth a shot with a 4th rd to third day pick. no one can seem to look past his off field issues and as the guy you quoted, that was his point with jenkins. Jenkins had tons of off field issues, even had academic issues, had to transfer schools and play for a smaller school but turned his life around once he got drafted (jimmy smith for baltimore had off field issues also, look how he turned out). MAthieu would be worth a 4th,5th or 6th round pick.

i dont think the OP mentioned anything about using a first rounder on mathieu. as i had posted on another thread, he would be worth a shot with a 4th rd to third day pick. no one can seem to look past his off field issues and as the guy you quoted, that was his point with jenkins. Jenkins had tons of off field issues, even had academic issues, had to transfer schools and play for a smaller school but turned his life around once he got drafted (jimmy smith for baltimore had off field issues also, look how he turned out). MAthieu would be worth a 4th,5th or 6th round pick.

I wasn't responding to the OP, my point is that without any of the field issues I saw him as fourth round talent in the NFL.

I wasn't responding to the OP, my point is that without any of the field issues I saw him as fourth round talent in the NFL.

oh, i apologize then lol.but i agree i dont see him as nothing more then 4th round or later talent. which is where i still think we should draft him. regardless of his off field issues i beleive he could be a very good nickel back for us

Alright Tyrann Mathieu is a beast watch game tape he has entered drug classes and i will take talent over off the field issues anyday if those problems never came up in the first place he would be drafted  in the 1rst round.

No way he would have gone in the first round even without the drug problems. He's not an elite cover corner and doesn't match-up well against taller, bigger receivers. He'll be a career nickel corner and return guy. Without all of the off the field issues I would have been surprised if he was taken before the 3rd round.

No way he would have gone in the first round even without the drug problems. He's not an elite cover corner and doesn't match-up well against taller, bigger receivers. He'll be a career nickel corner and return guy. Without all of the off the field issues I would have been surprised if he was taken before the 3rd round.

He is an aggressive corner he was matched up against big receivers all the time even tight ends and still took the ball out of there hands like they were little children.

He is an aggressive corner he was matched up against big receivers all the time even tight ends and still took the ball out of there hands like they were little children.

Those were college receivers though. In our division he would be playing against Cecil Shorts, Owen Daniels, and Kenny Britt as our #2. I'd feel much better about him playing whoever was in the slot than those guys.

so did jimmy smith (Ravens) and Janoris Jenkins (rams) and both of them turned out just fine as soon as they hit the NFL. just because they do something stupid in college (alot of college kids do) whether its once or twice or even three times does not mean you cant change. NFL players do far much worst and get paid top dollar, just ask michael vick.

Not with the colts they don't..