Photo

Top 10 Reasons You Should Root for New England This Weekend

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 GoPats

GoPats
  • 3018 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

10. When Indy comes to Foxboro, we acknowledge that you are the "Indianapolis Colts." Baltimore? Nope. "Indianapolis Football Team."

9. It's been almost two years since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. We're starved for a championship!

8. Tom Brady will send all of you a pair of Uggs.

7. The Patriots need to advance so that Mayor Menino can continue to butcher names. (http://sports.yahoo....37514--nfl.html)

6. The Ravens advancing to the Super Bowl is a sign of the apocalypse, right there in the book of Revelations, before the four horsemen and after the plague of locusts.

5. No one wants to see another Gisele rant... right?

4. We're not the Chargers.

3. If you hate him, maybe another SB win will bring us that much closer to Belichick's retirement.

2. You can always root for the NFC team if they win and make it to the SB.

And the #1 reason...

1. Peyton would have wanted it that way!

I'm probably offline until after the weekend, so... enjoy the games everyone. Peace and prosperity to you and yours!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 8148 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

None of those reasons convinced me to root for NE ;)

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19162 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

None of those reasons convinced me to root for NE ;)

ditto

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#4 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 16284 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Number 5 and 4 might have swayed me a little bit

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#5 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 14260 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

#4 is the only compliment I would ever give the Patriots. haha

I am become Boomstick, Destroyer of Worlds.

#6 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

The #2 option sounds fine and it did work the last 2 times but why wait for another 2 weeks?

#7 nburgmei

nburgmei
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

#4 is the only one I think I can agree with, but #8 kind of makes me want them to lose more. :)

#8 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Leave the top 10 lists to Ball St graduates

#9 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 12455 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I would rather have the flies of a thousand camels infest my arm pits than root for the pats..

#10 Jules

Jules
  • 7700 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

9. It's been almost two years since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. We're starved for a championship!

lmao

11) Tom Brady is the best looking QB left

*shrugs* I guess for the ladies.........

#11 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I would rather have the flies of a thousand camels infest my arm pits than root for the pats..

That sounds like something Belichek would do to the Raven's locker room before the game in order to gain an advantage.

#12 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2469 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Still rooting for Ray Ray and the Ravens but your list was good for a chuckle.  :D

The Colts...Imprinting horse shoes on kicked butts since 1953.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#13 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I respect the Patriots, I take nothing away from them, they are an excellent team, but I don't like them. They are like the end boss in a video game to me!

I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#14 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I actually will be rooting for NE if the Falcons win, because I know they are the one AFC team that would totally destroy them.

okv09w.jpg

#15 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Peyton called me and said he did NOT want it that way.  And he said if you guys win, he and Papa John are taking back all of their 2 million pizzas. 

#16 crestmount

crestmount
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Luck would get called up to the pro-bowl?

#17 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

"8. Tom Brady will send all of you a pair of Uggs."

When someone sends me free stuff, I kinda like that. Plus, everybody tells me they are expensive shoes & extremely comfortable. Sure, I'm more than happy to take my new shoes out for a test drive. Size 9 and a half Tom thanks man!  haha

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#18 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

7. The Patriots need to advance so that Mayor Menino can continue to butcher names.

How in Hades can you be wearing Vince Wilfork's jersey #75 & murder the name?  haha  :lol: Who is this Gonk player you speak of?  :facepalm:  Gronk...Pronounce the R please. Thank you. 

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#19 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

"5. No one wants to see another Gisele rant... right?"

Everytime I see a supermodel strut her stuff on the cat walk, I start rooting for the ground. Thud...Sick & twisted I know, but still hilarious IMO. :funny: :spit:

#20 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

10. When Indy comes to Foxboro, we acknowledge that you are the "Indianapolis Colts." Baltimore? Nope. "Indianapolis Football Team."

Bill Belichick never gets enough credit for his incredible work in Cleveland. He would have delivered a Championship to the Browns dog pound too. Jim Brown knows it, all of Patriots Nation knows it, I know it, & Art Modell should have known better...Sigh....

460x.jpg

#21 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

6. The Ravens advancing to the Super Bowl is a sign of the apocalypse, right there in the book of Revelations, before the four horsemen and after the plague of locusts.

Locust: "A multitude of grasshoppers that swarm & devour vegetation & crops in a warm climate or region." Kind of like what running backs Woodhead & Ridley will do to wear out the Ravens defense in the 4th Qtr.

Grasshoppers are associated with an ancient insect symbol of the Far East & the Orient to symbolize wisdom & intellectual knowledge. Similar to Bill Belichick's brilliant defensive mind & a Russian Chess master of strategy.

bill%2Bbelichick%2Bmotivational%2Bposter

grasshopper-0632.jpg

#22 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

"1. Peyton would have wanted it that way!" Cute, yes I have a sense of humor.  :funny:  lmao

I've been really critical of Peyton Manning lately. Chalk it up to tough love, but I don't kick Yoda when he is down...Like in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith, Yoda is merely retreating, regrouping for next season. [Yes, SW1 is a huge Star Wars nerd. I will admit ithaha ] Peyton needs to get more aggressive & develop a pitbull fight mentality. Put your foes down in the post season #18.

#23 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 8781 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

7. The Patriots need to advance so that Mayor Menino can continue to butcher names.

How in Hades can you be wearing Vince Wilfork's jersey #75 & murder the name?  haha  :lol: Who is this Gonk player you speak of?  :facepalm:  Gronk...Pronounce the R please. Thank you. 

Well...he is from Bahstin where they talk like sissy pirates. I love it when Bostonians say "Law"..... as in "Lar"

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." ~ Bill S. 

#24 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

"4. We're not the Chargers." 

No, you're not San Diego Super Chargers. Thank God for that. Phillip Rivers is an elite QB, but his attitude/trash talking rubs me the wrong way. 

#25 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

"2. You can always root for the NFC team if they win and make it to the SB."

This one is tough for me because I like both Tony Gonsalez & Randy Moss. My money is on the Patriots to win it all, but if an NFC team does pull it off I want the Randy Moss to win a ring. 

#26 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

"9. It's been almost two years since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. We're starved for a championship!"

When it comes to hockey, I'm dumber than a post or the puck used to play the game. Besides, their union just recently came off a strike & went back to work. Be patient GoPats...Just Kidding man!!!

#27 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

"3. If you hate him, maybe another SB win will bring us that much closer to Belichick's retirement."

Bill Belichick will never retire..Cryogenic freezing anyone? That kind of brain you put on ice or is that on the rocks?  haha  :funny:  :lol:

http://zidbits.com/2...t-back-to-life/

#28 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Sorry form dominating this topic. When the mood hits me, I just roll with it. Gotta run now, I will leave you humorous cat walk supermodel falls [#5 reference]...Again, I root for the ground...Just Kidding!!!

#29 Andy

Andy
  • 8938 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

or... you can see one more week of Ray Lewis, and this time, he would be playing for a SB.

IMAGINE MIC-ing HIM!!!

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#30 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Reason number 12.....Stop the water bottle abuse! If Tom loses, another poor defenseless water bottle gets smashed to the ground, ending its sad...unprotected life. ;)

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#31 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4574 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Ten reasons not to root for New England to beat Baltimore:

10. Brady

9. Belichick

8. Brady

7. Belichick

6. Brady

5 Belichick

4. Brady

3. Belichick

2. Brady

1. Belichick

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#32 amfootball

amfootball
  • 10339 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

#'s 8, 5 and 3 made me laugh out loud. As a Pats fan though I must say wouldn't the biggest reason you want the Pats to win is because the Ravens beat you? I know that would fuel me.

Can I also just say this too. The Colts are unbelievably more likeable with Andrew Luck and Pagano. I found myself voting for them all season except when they played the Pats of course. The Green Bay game and the second Houston game were the best regular season games of the year in my opinion. Also, do you guys think the Colts can overtake Houston next year for the division?

#33 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Peyton called me and said he did NOT want it that way.  And he said if you guys win, he and Papa John are taking back all of their 2 million pizzas. 

Harbaugh called and was wondering if he regretted not going to S.F. yet.

okv09w.jpg

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Dec
    radiogirl

Treasure your loved ones every day. Visited some dear friends today at the hospital who's 22 year old daughter was in an accident yesterday. Critical May not make it. I was reminded today how precious life is.....

Show comments (9)
View All Updates