Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA to CARDS WHO IS THE NEW OC

adfisher870

While I would have rather have BA stay, I think if Luck is going to have a change in his OC in the early years, now is probably the best year for it to happen. I know a lot of people are saying that it is unfortunate from the perspective of having to learn a new playbook, but the rookies are no longer rookies-- they should be able to adapt with almost a full off-season learning the new playbook. We also know that of all people this is not going to be any problem for Luck who learns playbooks within milliseconds. If CC gets hired then this won't even be necessary.

With that said, I wouldn't be unhappy with CC but hope we try our hand with an unproven, up-and-coming guy. Someone who appears to be hungry and innovative that could really take off with Luck. Eventually Luck will get to the point where it won't matter who his OC is just as it doesn't make any difference for Brady or Manning. But right now I think it is important to get the right guy in there. I don't know anything about CC as far as development goes, but I know that I would be somewhat circumspect with him being in charge of the whole offense week to week. That is more concerning to me than CC's "safe" and "stale" playcalling as some have labelled it. I actually did not think there was anything wrong with his playcalling in the playoff game against Baltimore. Still hoping we hire a bright young mind and not a recycled coach like CC or Gailey or Morniwheig.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope it don't take too long to find a new OC. Seeing the same ole names suggested over and over and over is getting old. Me having to tell people that it will be a huge mistake for either Clyde or Tom Moore(the dinosaur) to get the job. Yeah yeah, thats my opinion but its the right opinion. :D I just hope Grigson already had a couple guys lined up for interviews because he already knew that Arians was leaving so this don't drag out for a week or so.

Me having to tell people that it will be a huge mistake for either Clyde or Tom Moore(the dinosaur) to get the job. Yeah yeah, thats my opinion but its the right opinion.

No it is not. Moore or Christensen would be good selections. I'd rather Moore of the two simply because you know he isn't going to leave for a Head Coaching job. However, I'd rather have Brian Shaw. Regardless, Moore or Christensen would be fine/wise choices.

No it is not. Moore or Christensen would be good selections. I'd rather Moore of the two simply because you know he isn't going to leave for a Head Coaching job. However, I'd rather have Brian Shaw. Regardless, Moore or Christensen would be fine/wise choices.

I agree with you on many things posted here on this forum, but I absolutely can not go along with this. Clyde has already proved in the past here that he is incapable of making in game adjustments or to even come up with decent gameplans for the offense. I'm not going to give him credit for '09 and'10 because we all know that Manning called the plays at the line and made his own adjustments.

He was flat terrible coming up with gameplans last yr. and couldn't adjust with the QB's that were at his disposal. Instead, he stuck with a gameplan that was designed for Manning and expected Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlavsky to play the same as Manning. A good OC would have recognized much earlier to adjust his gameplanning and in game adjustments for less talented QB's.

As for Tom Moore. He will be 75 freaking yrs. old next season. I don't care if he's in relatively good health right now or not, a man that age going back to working 12-to 14 hr. days 7 days a week for months on end is not a good thing. Not to mention, he may completely burn out after one season and then were right back in the position we are in now next season. Bad Idea all the way around.

I agree with you on many things posted here on this forum, but I absolutely can not go along with this. Clyde has already proved in the past here that he is incapable of making in game adjustments or to even come up with decent gameplans for the offense. I'm not going to give him credit for '09 and'10 because we all know that Manning called the plays at the line and made his own adjustments.

He was flat terrible coming up with gameplans last yr. and couldn't adjust with the QB's that were at his disposal. Instead, he stuck with a gameplan that was designed for Manning and expected Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, and Dan Orlavsky to play the same as Manning. A good OC would have recognized much earlier to adjust his gameplanning and in game adjustments for less talented QB's.

As for Tom Moore. He will be 75 freaking yrs. old next season. I don't care if he's in relatively good health right now or not, a man that age going back to working 12-to 14 hr. days 7 days a week for months on end is not a good thing. Not to mention, he may completely burn out after one season and then were right back in the position we are in now next season. Bad Idea all the way around.

Yeah we get on pretty good. We can disagree, that's cool.

Ehhhh you can't really refuse to give Christensen credit when Manning was here and then give him all the blame when Manning left and all we had was a lazy, incompetent QB. C'mon. NOBODY could've gotten anything out of the crapsandwich Christensen was handed in the middle of the disfunction that was Polian's last year. Christensen deserves his shot.

And you cannot discriminate against Tom Moore on the basis of his age. That is...well, not right. He says he wants to go. He earned his chips with us. And the man is about as genius as it gets in football and he would elevate & fine tune Andrew Luck's performance.

Yeah we get on pretty good. We can disagree, that's cool.

Ehhhh you can't really refuse to give Christensen credit when Manning was here and then give him all the blame when Manning left and all we had was a lazy, incompetent QB. C'mon. NOBODY could've gotten anything out of the crapsandwich Christensen was handed in the middle of the disfunction that was Polian's last year. Christensen deserves his shot.

And you cannot discriminate against Tom Moore on the basis of his age. That is...well, not right. He says he wants to go. He earned his chips with us. And the man is about as genius as it gets in football and he would elevate & fine tune Andrew Luck's performance.

I get what you're saying but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I think there are better choices than either of these guys and would rather go in a different direction. I still want a young up and coming offensive coach. It don't have to be one of the re-treads that is mentioned all the time. Grigson and Pagano will make the choice and if it happens to be Clyde or Moore, we'll see how it turns out, but I just have a feeling it may be somebody else.

Clyde is just a QB coach IMO, same for Lombardi at this point but I really don't know who I would want. It's unfortunate that BA leaves at the last minute leaving us with few choices. Pagano is not a offensive Coach in anyway, this worries me. I'm worried that were not going to be able to get any one who's imaginative or someone who's just generally not a good play caller.

I don't think we really know what Christensen can do at all. He had Manning, who knew the offense forward and backward, and then had the rug pulled out from under him when Manning went down. I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do as OC with a decent offense. That said, I hope he gets his chance with another team. I wouldn't personally take the chance if I were Irsay or Grigson, but maybe the coaching staff feels differently. IDK.

The pacers assistant coach?

I would honestly be fine with Clyde Christensen or Tom Moore; however, an intriguing "dark-horse" prospect is Pep Hamilton. He may know how to elevate Andrew and Coby's games more than anyone. I'd be happy with any of those three candidates. 

I agree about Hamilton, and it looks like he's our top candidate so far. It just sucks losing BA to Arizona, especially since it looked like he was staying after all the recent hires. 

Mort says Hamilton is the leader for the job. Take that for what it is worth.

I would be ok with this move. At least its something different instead of promoting CC(I've made my opinion on him well known) or an old Tom Moore who is well past him prime IMO and would just be rehashing the same ole same ole.

I agree about Hamilton, and it looks like he's our top candidate so far. It just sucks losing BA to Arizona, especially since it looked like he was staying after all the recent hires.

I couldn't agree more. I really truely thought we were in the clear after the Bears took Trestman. I mean from what I read on Zona fan boards was that they didn't even want Arians unless he kept Horton as his DC.

I couldn't agree more. I really truely thought we were in the clear after the Bears took Trestman. I mean from what I read on Zona fan boards was that they didn't even want Arians unless he kept Horton as his DC.

Sounds like they are going to try and force Kolb down his throat too. Bruce should've stayed another year, with the O-line getting filled and defense getting some help this offseason; BA could've been the hottest commodity for any team. Now he is picking at number 7 overall with three question marks at QB, and a draft class that isn't exactly producing star QBs (IMO). But, it is BA... Good luck in the desert. 

Sounds like they are going to try and force Kolb down his throat too. Bruce should've stayed another year, with the O-line getting filled and defense getting some help this offseason; BA could've been the hottest commodity for any team. Now he is picking at number 7 overall with three question marks at QB, and a draft class that isn't exactly producing star QBs (IMO). But, it is BA... Good luck in the desert. 

I mean it certainly isn't the "perfect situation" that was previously described. I mean most pundits declared that Arians would only go to a team with a "stable quarterback" situation. I didn't realize they meant a "stable of quarterbacks" situation. Best of luck to him, but it could be rough. As we learned last year, it is difficult to compensate for the lack of a quality quarterback. 

I mean it certainly isn't the "perfect situation" that was previously described. I mean most pundits declared that Arians would only go to a team with a "stable quarterback" situation. I didn't realize they meant a "stable of quarterbacks" situation. Best of luck to him, but it could be rough. As we learned last year, it is difficult to compensate for the lack of a quality quarterback. 

especially with Arians high risk offense