BA to CARDS WHO IS THE NEW OC

adfisher870

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, i keep hearing pat Shurmurs name, so i did some searching.....and i dont think i want Shurmer. He went 9-23 in two years in cleveland. he runs a west coast offense which relies heavily on horizontal short passes, and we all know that doesnt match Grigsons love for speed or Andrew Luck's potential in the vertical passing game. BUT, Hue Jackson on the other hand, went 8-8 in his only year as HC in oakland(?), and they were ranked second in rushing, and 9th overall in offense. NNNOOTTT BAAAAAD. plus i read on here that jackson has ties with Pagano. anyway, now that Arians is gone, any future OC would be drooling at the mouth to coach Luck and Wayne and the likes. i would take Jackson over shurmur for sure. Hes more like Arians and i dont want Luck to be hindered with a conservative west coast offense.its just not his style.

I would argue that WCO is all Luck ran at Stanford and what he is successful with.  I actually think he is out of his element running the vertical attacking offense Arians ran.  Nor do I believe that is what Pagano or Grigson wanted.  Pagano wanted a balanced running attack. So I expect the Colts to get an OC that still takes shots downfield, but will give Luck more checkdowns.

There are only 32 bro and BA made it ...     Congrats BA...

BUT..  the Colts need a OC. 

I say stick with CC for a year and see what happens. ...  

This team is way too young to bring in a NEW O....    IMO...

Just goes to show..... can't depend on people smh

I understand it was his Dream to be HC, but man..... how can he just leave Luck like that???

Honestly..  if Tom Moore is up too it ..

It may very well be the best thing to happen to ANDREW LUCK      Moore will be a teacher during the week and and adviser during the game.      Luck would get to run NO HUDDLE.    All Game...

I like...

I thought I was the only one in Indy not all wanting Arians to stay.  He really shafted Pagano.  Without Chuck he would be fishing somewhere retired for good.  He comes to Indy INVITED by his supposed friend, though if I am Pagano I am wondering about that now.  And then he takes advantage of the terrible situation of Pagano and takes off to "fulfill his dream."  I wonder how much Pagano was really doing the coaching anyway sending texts to the players, etc. throughout his time away.  Anyway, I am GLAD Arians is gone and I can't imagine Irsay bringing him back in a few years.  His bridge in Indy has been burned!

* Bruce Arians you traitor. Left us for the cardnails, are u kidding me?!?! Lets go pep Hamilton or mike mularkey

There is so much fail between these two posts that I don't know where to begin. 

Good Luck Bruce!  I wish you woulda stayed but you finally got to live your dream and i'm happy for you. 

I hope we do not use CC as our new OC. 

Arians grew on me over the year, but unless we have 5 new starting O-linemen next year, preserving the system in place won't work.  I like the idea of a west coast based guy, gets the QB out of the pocket and promotes shorter routes.  The only problem is we don't have anyone great after the catch.  I don't get the love for Lombardi.  A QB coach for a QB that needs one about as much as Peyton did, and ranks below Payton, Carmichael, and Brees in clout in the Saints offense.  I guess I'd be fine with Gailey, Shurmur, or even Mularkey, but I wish this move had happened when better offensive minds were available

I would argue that WCO is all Luck ran at Stanford and what he is successful with.  I actually think he is out of his element running the vertical attacking offense Arians ran.  Nor do I believe that is what Pagano or Grigson wanted.  Pagano wanted a balanced running attack. So I expect the Colts to get an OC that still takes shots downfield, but will give Luck more checkdowns.

Who cares what offense he ran in college. And you don't need a WCO to get what u want

there are some on the AZ forums that don't like this hire at all. That being said, I like that Hue Jackson's name is being thrown out by some on here. He is a great Offensive mind and is very similar to BA. I hope we at least interview him. 

I personally think Arians only got the job because no one else wanted it

Arians grew on me over the year, but unless we have 5 new starting O-linemen next year, preserving the system in place won't work. I like the idea of a west coast based guy, gets the QB out of the pocket and promotes shorter routes. The only problem is we don't have anyone great after the catch. I don't get the love for Lombardi. A QB coach for a QB that needs one about as much as Peyton did, and ranks below Payton, Carmichael, and Brees in clout in the Saints offense. I guess I'd be fine with Gailey, Shurmur, or even Mularkey, but I wish this move had happened when better offensive minds were available

Ummm..... what team did you watch???

You're telling me that Hilton, Brazil, & Avery don't have the ability to turn a 5 yard slant.... into a 15+ yard catch?? We've seen them do it this year. We definitely got some guys who can move it after the catch. The biggest problem is them catching it

Just goes to show..... can't depend on people smh

I understand it was his Dream to be HC, but man..... how can he just leave Luck like that???

Well, there are only 32 of these kind of jobs in the whole world. I can't blame him. I think he knows that 12 will be fine without him, heck probably even better depending which OC the Colts land.

First of all, Bruce made it very clear that he was just filing in for Chuck during his illness and he included him on nearly everything that he could. Any statement assuming that he took advantage of his situation comes across as  disturbing to me. My guess would be that along with his joy of finally reaching the pinnacle of his career (thanks previous poster), that he also feels a great deal of pain and loss as he is leaving a group of men that he has become quite close to. I would also speculate that his friend, Chuck Pagano has been instrumental in encouraging him to take this position.

Thank you Bruce for being part of one of the most memorable Colt seasons in my life. I also thank you for getting our young QB of to a fantastic start in what looks to be a very promising career. Best of luck to you with the team in the desert.

* Bruce Arians you traitor. Left us for the cardnails, are u kidding me?!?! Lets go pep Hamilton or mike mularkey

Please tell me you're kidding....   or were being facetious, or sarcastic...   and just forgot to use emoticons?

Please, please, please tell me that?!?     "* Bruce Arians you traitor"?!?    wth?!?   Seriously??

Otherwise,  I think you've gone off your meds.....        :panic:

Since just about all the high profile OC got jobs already, I expect Grigson just to upgrade Clyde Christensen to OC. He proved capable of leading this offense against the ravens in his audition for the OC job

Please not CC ... I didn't see anything in that Ravens game that showed me he should be OC.  There are several people still available I think that I would consider before CC.

Please not CC ... I didn't see anything in that Ravens game that showed me he should be OC. There are several people still available I think that I would consider before CC.

I seen him calling the right plays in the right situations time and time again. Just drops killed promising drives over and over again. Or Grigson might go with the Pagano connection and hire Cam Cameron

I seen him calling the right plays in the right situations time and time again. Just drops killed promising drives over and over again. Or Grigson might go with the Pagano connection and hire Cam Cameron

I thought his play calling was stale and grinded to a halt in the redzone resulting in a bunch of FGs. Cam Cameron is one of the few people I want less than Clyde Christensen.

I would consider any of the following(plus a few more) before Clyde or Cam:

Marty Mornhinweg

Hue Jackson

Chan Gailey

I thought his play calling was stale and grinded to a halt in the redzone resulting in a bunch of FGs. Cam Cameron is one of the few people I want less than Clyde Christensen.

I would consider any of the following(plus a few more) before Clyde or Cam:

Marty Mornhinweg

Hue Jackson

Chan Gailey

Have fun with them sir. Especially chan gailey smh I'll pass