BA to CARDS WHO IS THE NEW OC

adfisher870

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that its a done deal....I hope we bring in Pat Shurmur.

Pat Shurmur is a direct decedent of the West Coast Offense (WCO), beginning as a quarterbacks coach and maintaining the status quo of becoming an offensive coordinator, then head coach (ex Steve Marriucci, Mike Holmgren, Andy Reid). Serving under Andy Reid, who many say is one of the best practitioners of the WCO, in Philadelphia for eight years influenced his deep roots in this offense.

IMO, this did not catch Pogano nor Grigson by surprise.  They will choose an OC who will thank his lucky stars to have the opportunity to come to this organization with such a great young QB all ready and champing at the bit for his 2d season to start.  :dancing:

Does anyone else find Arizona's decision a little odd?  It's the same general philosophy, same general work history, another offensive guy...  What was the point of firing Whisenhunt when the replacement, well, is Whisenhunt again basically. 

I'd be fine with Jackson or Shurmur. 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="coltsrule91" data-cid="393726"><p>well its not official. it only says they offered him the job he hasnt accepted yet. i think this means he wants to stay, but its the colts move now.</p></blockquote><br />That is funny. Hilariously so...

Nothing wrong with the system....he learned it from Tom Moore. It's just his play calling that was....shall we say questionable.

You know what after I wrote that I wish I didn't. I am fine with his system, I like going for the throat at times. It was more of the play calling. If we are getting killed cause plays take to long to develop let's sprinkle in some plays that help take pressure off. Bootlegs, screens, hot reads. Then go for the throat!!

* Bruce Arians you traitor. Left us for the cardnails, are u kidding me?!?! Lets go pep Hamilton or mike mularkey

I thought I was the only one in Indy not all wanting Arians to stay.  He really shafted Pagano.  Without Chuck he would be fishing somewhere retired for good.  He comes to Indy INVITED by his supposed friend, though if I am Pagano I am wondering about that now.  And then he takes advantage of the terrible situation of Pagano and takes off to "fulfill his dream."  I wonder how much Pagano was really doing the coaching anyway sending texts to the players, etc. throughout his time away.  Anyway, I am GLAD Arians is gone and I can't imagine Irsay bringing him back in a few years.  His bridge in Indy has been burned!

I thought I was the only one in Indy not all wanting Arians to stay.  He really shafted Pagano.  Without Chuck he would be fishing somewhere retired for good.  He comes to Indy INVITED by his supposed friend, though if I am Pagano I am wondering about that now.  And then he takes advantage of the terrible situation of Pagano and takes off to "fulfill his dream."  I wonder how much Pagano was really doing the coaching anyway sending texts to the players, etc. throughout his time away.  Anyway, I am GLAD Arians is gone and I can't imagine Irsay bringing him back in a few years.  His bridge in Indy has been burned!

For a first post, this one is off the charts bad. You can only go up from here although somehow I doubt that will happen.

I am thinking Marty Moerningwig.   The Eagles usually had a pretty good defense.  He has always been a good OC.  Just not a good HC.

I don't know why I typed DEFENSE instead of Offense.  But I think everyone gets the point.  Grigs worked with him, he is a respected OC, runs a WCO, and isn't likely to be a hot HC candidate.   So might be a good hire.  I personally don't want the Bruce Arians or Tom Moore offense. I know, people will scream how many wins we had under Tom Moore.  But since 1998 we have as many Super Bowl wins as the Tampa Bay Bucs.  So I would like to see a more balanced offense.  Luck ran Harbaughs Stanford offense perfectly, which is essentially what the 49ers run now.  I think that is what Luck will do best as.  Very balanced.

Besides an aging Larry Fitzgerald what does the offense have? I really wanted us to keep him, I hope we get mularkey or hamilton

Come on man. You know what Arizona had the he wanted - a job opening as HC in the NFL. Begrudging him for taking the job is just silly. It one of 32 in the entire world - can't blame him.

I pray I don't stumble upon #2

First off Pagono obviously selected Ariens to be the Intirm coach. So it wasnt like Ariens got to dictate the situation.Appearently Pagono and the Mngmt thought he was the best candidate and gladly accepted it as Im sure Pagono hope he would. Eveytime he said the wins and success were for pagono and were credited to the team, he was always in contact with Pagono and visisting him. He never really gave any credit to himself. He didnt just take and run off and just Leave Pagono out of it. That would be taking advantage. So he ended up having success, is that a problem? was he supposed to just fail so there would be no chance he would get looked at for a head coach spot? just so he can stay with the team. Would that have ben what Pagono wanted? The Answer is NO!!!! And yes as a result now he got offered a head coaching job which he has always wanted and he took it. Is it wrong for him to accept and go after his dream? Pagono understands this is part of the process and If pagono were to be mad becuase Bruce went after his dream then that would be selfish, dont ya think? Why shouldnt a guy be able to fullfill his dream? Would you want someone to tell you not to fullfill your dream if you had the chance? I think thats being a little selfish!I think you just threw out a bunch of your own assumptions becuase you are mad. Its Not the case though.

My guess is Marty Morhingwig . I would love for us to hire a young inovative OC from the college ranks. What about Larry Coaker? He has U ties with Coach Chuck. Butch Davis depending on what his severence contract from NC will allow.

I do not want Mike Tice,Mike Martz or anyone from the Jets.

First off Pagono obviously selected Ariens to be the Intirm coach. So it wasnt like Ariens got to dictate the situation.Appearently Pagono and the Mngmt thought he was the best candidate and gladly accepted it as Im sure Pagono hope he would. Eveytime he said the wins and success were for pagono and were credited to the team, he was always in contact with Pagono and visisting him. He never really gave any credit to himself. He didnt just take and run off and just Leave Pagono out of it. That would be taking advantage. So he ended up having success, is that a problem? was he supposed to just fail so there would be no chance he would get looked at for a head coach spot? just so he can stay with the team. Would that have ben what Pagono wanted? The Answer is NO!!!! And yes as a result now he got offered a head coaching job which he has always wanted and he took it. Is it wrong for him to accept and go after his dream? Pagono understands this is part of the process and If pagono were to be mad becuase Bruce went after his dream then that would be selfish, dont ya think? Why shouldnt a guy be able to fullfill his dream? Would you want someone to tell you not to fullfill your dream if you had the chance? I think thats being a little selfish!I think you just threw out a bunch of your own assumptions becuase you are mad. Its Not the case though.

Who the heck is Pagono ?

Ok guys, i keep hearing pat Shurmurs name, so i did some searching.....and i dont think i want Shurmer. He went 9-23 in two years in cleveland. he runs a west coast offense which relies heavily on horizontal short passes, and we all know that doesnt match Grigsons love for speed or Andrew Luck's potential in the vertical passing game. BUT, Hue Jackson on the other hand, went 8-8 in his only year as HC in oakland(?), and they were ranked second in rushing, and 9th overall in offense. NNNOOTTT BAAAAAD. plus i read on here that jackson has ties with Pagano. anyway, now that Arians is gone, any future OC would be drooling at the mouth to coach Luck and Wayne and the likes. i would take Jackson over shurmur for sure. Hes more like Arians and i dont want Luck to be hindered with a conservative west coast offense.its just not his style.