Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox.com article on Brady hating

GoPats

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-commands-respect-as-career-winds-down-011713

FOXBORO, Mass.

Tom Brady’s life is better than yours and mine.

He’s more famous.

He has more money.

He’s better at his job — quarterbacking the New England Patriots — than we are at ours.

He usually beats your favorite team.

He’s better looking, too, with a smile that can cause admirers to swoon. Plus, he has a more attractive significant other — unless you are married to a supermodel like Gisele Bundchen.

This combination makes it easy for non-Patriots fans to loathe Brady. Everything is so damn perfect.

He is the embodiment of New England’s 12-year NFL dynasty. When the Patriots run up the score on the opposition, they do so with Brady unmercifully staying on the field until late in the fourth quarter.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Please don't copy/paste the entire article as we run into copyright issues

To me, you know you have earned serious respect when defensive studs like Vince Wilfork sing your praises: 

"“Sometimes I look at him in practice and I say, ‘Man, you have been doing this for so long and you are still worried about your footwork?’ But it is just little things. He is always going that extra mile to make sure he is in the best shape and putting his teammates in the best situation that can give us a chance to win.” When defensive guys love you & coordinators fear you, you have arrived & cemented your NFL legacy for good. 

Tom Brady is legit man. "U Mad Bro?" I have money, fame, a mansion, a supermodel wife, & I'm on the verge of winning my 4th SB ring...Why the Hades would Brady be mad?  haha

"For those sick of Brady being Brady, that day can’t come soon enough."

Translation: For those who want to sack & punish Brady repeatedly, that's not a guaranteed recipe for success anymore as long as running backs Woodhead & Ridley are on the field. The 49ers now & that rigid & stingy defense have the only shot of crushing New England's run to Championship Glory...

Football is a kid's game that very few get to play for a King's ransom. As a little kid playing ball in the backyard, you dream of moment's like this...Winning the SB in the last 45 seconds...I always think of this song in that scenario for some reason...

http://youtu.be/RMB3M43AEpc

I don't hate Brady not one little bit, watched him play at Michigan on TV, always hated their 2 QB game plan with him and Henson, it was ridiculous, but what I saw he was a later round QB and Just didn't see enough of him when they were going back and forth during the games & if given a chance at Michigan he might have won some championships by himself as QB, but unfortunate he will always be known and the QB of the Patriots, if there was cheating/taping of offense walk through before the 3 SB win "It can't be proved or disprove anymore, evidence was destroyed by Goodell" if cheating was done by the coach's, he and the D just ran what they were told too.

He is the Greatest of all time dink and dunk passing QB...<Patriot fans HATE to hear that, truth hurts :}LOL

He is the Greatest of all time dink and dunk passing QB...<Patriot fans HATE to hear that, truth hurts :}LOL

I used to, I'll admit it, LOL...

But the reality is that if the "dink-and-dunk" game was as easy as some fans of rival teams make it sound, then why don't more NFL teams do it?

I mean, one of the things that makes a player great, in any sport, is that they make it look easy. Larry Bird would hit a 20-foot jumper while being elbowed in the face... Gretzky would skate circles around guys without even looking like he was breathing hard... etc-etc.

Aside from that aspect of it, the whole dink-and-dunk thing is at this point a fallacy. The Patriots make downfield throws when they're there, they just don't force anything because they strive to play mistake-free football. His career average yards/attempt is a very solid 7.5. (For reference, Manning's is 7.6... so you're talking of a difference of one-tenth of a yard... mere inches... per pass attempt.)

But the reality is that if the "dink-and-dunk" game was as easy as some fans of rival teams make it sound, then why don't more NFL teams do it?

I mean, one of the things that makes a player great, in any sport, is that they make it look easy. Larry Bird would hit a 20-foot jumper while being elbowed in the face... Gretzky would skate circles around guys without even looking like he was breathing hard... etc-etc.

Aside from that aspect of it, the whole dink-and-dunk thing is at this point a fallacy. The Patriots make downfield throws when they're there, they just don't force anything because they strive to play mistake-free football. His career average yards/attempt is a very solid 7.5. (For reference, Manning's is 7.6... so you're talking of a difference of one-tenth of a yard... mere inches... per pass attempt.)

He wasn't dink and dunk when moss was there, that's for sure. The thing that i give Brady and the patriots the most credit for is adjusting to the strengths of the personnel they have. it doesn't matter if its a hof'er like moss or a guy like eddelman. They don't miss a beat.

Jules will find this interesting:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17070/flem-file-dissecting-bradys-41-playoff-tds

Dissecting Tom Brady's 41 playoff TDs

By David Fleming

Near the end of last season I sat down with Aaron Rodgers for a fascinating and in-depth look at the art of playing quarterback. After elevating the most dynamic and demanding position in sports to an entirely new level, Rodgers was on the verge of winning the 2011 NFL MVP Award. But consistently during our lengthy and wide-ranging conversation, one other quarterback’s name kept coming up.

This was the guy Rodgers studied and wanted to learn from. This was the quarterback Rodgers measured himself and all others by. The rest of us might be in awe of Rodgers, I kept thinking, but he’s still in awe of this guy.

Tom Brady.

I don't hate Brady not one little bit, watched him play at Michigan on TV, always hated their 2 QB game plan with him and Henson, it was ridiculous, but what I saw he was a later round QB and Just didn't see enough of him when they were going back and forth during the games & if given a chance at Michigan he might have won some championships by himself as QB, but unfortunate he will always be known and the QB of the Patriots, if there was cheating/taping of offense walk through before the 3 SB win "It can't be proved or disprove anymore, evidence was destroyed by Goodell" if cheating was done by the coach's, he and the D just ran what they were told too.

They did that in Michigan only for a few games the way I understand it, Brady pretty quickly replaced Henson, NFL Network just had a show about Brady just a few minutes ago

Hey GoPats,

There is nothing wrong with dink and dunk passes, if it moves the ball and wins games I say go for it, it's just the deniers that the Pats do do it that irks me, I wrote down plays against the Texans the Pats did and I posted it and got hate remarks by Pats fans and it was a huge amount of under 20 yard passes mostly under 10 actually and it's a system, do a run, do a dink and dunk and maybe just maybe a break down on the defense and a wide out breaks open then throw the long pass like what happen to Texans in the reg. season game and scored a TD and if nothing open then throw to a check down closer receiver, it varries but you all get the jist and they use it and it works so use it, I wish the Colts would add some of that and maybe a couple zone reads plays, some pistol formation, it's all about winning so do what you got to do.

Older OC are so fixated on their own system and just are not flexible enough to change it up a bit and fool the defense. And I really like the goal line quick snaps by Brady, don't let the D set up, after the last play get up there have it set up in the previous huddle and call 2 plays if the 1st one fails then get right back up there and do a quick snap like a QB sneak and go for it...Pats again in the reg season against the Texans and did the quick play on goal line and Hernandez was all by himself and bam a TD, that's the way to do it, yea it can be done to your D in return but hey gotta be ready right!!!!! I wish I was the OC for the Colts!!!!!

Go Colts :}

The other component Brady never gets enough credit for....Brady hasn't been surrounded by top tier WR's, RB's, & TE's until Randy Moss came to Foxboro in 2007. I can't remember what year Wes Welker went to NE from Miami either, but he is also premier talent. That's a fact. No can refute this.

If by some miracle Atlanta gets to the SB, NE will annhilate the "Dirty Birds" & Belichick will take away TE Tony Gonsalez IMO.

Gavin quote: They did that in Michigan only for a few games the way I understand it.

No I supposed maybe they didn't do it every game at Michigan, but then again I only saw when it was televised in my area, but I watched them when they were on and it just *iss me off to no end that in a drive they switched the QBs. Back then I didn't remember seeing that done before and if I was a player there I wouldn't like it, just my opinion :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Tom Brady is quite good; however, I'm still picking my lovely wife in the wife department! 

That might earn me some points if she ever read this forum, but sadly, she's not much of a football fan except when she roots against the Pats. It's a learned behavior. She roots against the Pats more than she roots for the Colts. 

Brady won his last Super Bowl at 27 years old.  He is now 35 and will be retiring in a few years.  I really believe that all of this Brady hoopla is going to backfire.  If he never wins again (and that's possible), his numbers are going to look very mediocre.  The Pats fans will start behaving like Cowboy fans and say "Yeah, but he has 3 rings on his finger that says otherwise....." lol   Wait and see.  It's going to happen because BB has never been able to capture than great defense he had many moons ago.    

Even BB's classic media propaganda has filtered down to the fans. Not only have they piled on to destroy Peyton's legacy after his latest choke, they are now stretching the void by sneaking in (without fanfare or bunting) that Brady only lost his two Super Bowls because he was injured. 'Where did we say that' I hear. But you cannot fool me.

Just in, Peyton had a severely injured neck every time he lost a play-off game or Super Bowl.....true that is.....

Dear god, like there isn't enough patriots fawning on ESPN....I have to see it on a colts forum
ESPN was the absolute worst with Brett Favre coverage 24/7 with the retirement/not retirement drinking game. That's how I perceived it anyway. Why they never hired him as an NFL analyst is beyond me. The "gunslinger" can teach everyone in America the perfect way to throw a pick at the worst possible moment in a Championship Game. Favre the ultimate choker. HahaHa!

Yes, I'm aware GB beat NE in a SB in 1996, but that was due to a Desmond Howard return not Favre. Take that away, NE wins that game IMO.

ESPN was the absolute worst with Brett Favre coverage 24/7 with the retirement/not retirement drinking game. That's how I perceived it anyway. Why they never hired him as an NFL analyst is beyond me. The "gunslinger" can teach everyone in America the perfect way to throw a pick at the worst possible moment in a Championship Game. Favre the ultimate choker. HahaHa!  

I love how everyone hates Farve after the annoying ESPN coverage....before that he was well liked.

And I wouldn't judge Favre on one bad pass he threw when he was 40 yrs old. And yes, I'm aware that wasnt his only interception...

Even BB's classic media propaganda has filtered down to the fans. Not only have they piled on to destroy Peyton's legacy after his latest choke, they are now stretching the void by sneaking in (without fanfare or bunting) that Brady only lost his two Super Bowls because he was injured. 'Where did we say that' I hear. But you cannot fool me.

Just in, Peyton had a severely injured neck every time he lost a play-off game or Super Bowl.....true that is.....

Brady stubbed his toe before last yearss Super Bowl.....that caused him to throw a crap pass to weaker that would have put the game away. Or everyone can just blame the 5'9 welker

good article, u know i dont hate him and do respect him , how can u not unless u r in denial, 

anyway if u throw long bombs & win great , if u throw dinks & dunks& win just as great as long as u win with whatever style u choose

I will; always remember an article that the greatest RB ever would be a an RB that can only average 3 yards per carry, but can do that 3 yards every single play , thus he is quarenteed to get u 11 yards and a first down

there are many ways to get things right, in surgery there are many procedures for the same end desire, each surgeon utilizs the one that works best for him / her and works with remarkable consistency, same thing

In pharmacology they teach us to learn about a few drugs in each type, not every drug thats a blood pressure drug for example , why u cant learn all there is about every drug so learn a few and learn those few inside out , every nuance etc etc etc

it applies to all aspects in life , learn what works best for u and learn to do it at the highest of levels and u will get the desired effect

wow , long for me when consider I didnt just copy and paste an article , thats the respect I have for Brady, it goes a long way

Dungy pointed out the injury came on a play years ago when head knocked backwards and he went over , thing Vs Redskins ,it went viral on u y tube,  but no one ever said peyton had an injury in playoffs for loss

i wont dismiss it outright that Brady would play threw an injury, Warriors do, but  knives, oh cutlery , oh Cutler doesnt in championship   games at least

EDIT

my friend I am not trying tom start a Manning was hurt excuse crusade hear please take note , i do not want a back & forth discussion and probably shouldnt of mentioned it

Another thing that fascinates me are 2 common criticisms meant to deflate Brady's SB rings: Access to a fantastic defense & a dink & dunk offense. Look, I'm not a stats guy, but even with a decapitating defense filled with Bruschi, Seymour, Milloy, McGinest, and Vrabel, Brady still moved the chains, got 1st downs, scored TD's & won. Dink & dunk...You mean move the ball & not turn it over? Isn't that Brady's job? He's flourished at this. Plus, Brady has the kill switch to put his enemies away in the post season that Peyton Manning doesn't. It kills me to say that, but it is what it is...

I've learned my lesson. I'm never 2nd guessing the Patriots again...The key is not sheer brutalty, but patience, endurance, & no mistakes. Do that & the opposing team has a tiny sliver of hope for a victory.

I'm a diehard Colts fan 1st & foremost, but Brady has earned my respect in the Playoffs clutch arena time & time again. Andrew Luck is coming Foxboro get ready for a new Championship rivalry with Ryan Mallet.

Brady won his last Super Bowl at 27 years old.  He is now 35 and will be retiring in a few years.  I really believe that all of this Brady hoopla is going to backfire.  If he never wins again (and that's possible), his numbers are going to look very mediocre.  The Pats fans will start behaving like Cowboy fans and say "Yeah, but he has 3 rings on his finger that says otherwise....." lol   Wait and see.  It's going to happen because BB has never been able to capture than great defense he had many moons ago.    

Not sure having the record for number of playoff wins at 17 ahead of Montana etc is medicore but if you say so :)

Brady has one of the strongest arms in the NFL and gets it downfield but it seems to me that his long bombs are 50-50 at best.... either overthrow or underthrow. He just doesn't get them there ...although those aren't high percentage passes in the NFL.

Anyway dink or bomb if he wins thats good enough for me:)

I love how everyone hates Farve after the annoying ESPN coverage....before that he was well liked. And I wouldn't judge Favre on one bad pass he threw when he was 40 yrs old. And yes, I'm aware that wasnt his only interception...
19 years in the NFL (1991-2010) with only 1 SB ring & 336 interceptions. That's Favre's legacy sir. I live in WI. He wasn't that well loved & revered. Stop kissing his caboose...[Not a personal attack BOTT. Just the reality of the situation sir. Thank you.]

Yes, I will give Brett credit for most consecutive starts 298, but his tendency to throw picks cannot be dismissed or brushed under the rug. His decision making was horrible at critical Championship moments.

19 years in the NFL (1991-2010) with only 1 SB ring & 336 interceptions. That's Favre's legacy sir. I live in WI. He wasn't that well loved & revered. Stop kissing his caboose...[Not a personal attack BOTT. Just the the reality of the situation sir. Thank you.]

Kinda like the Brady butt kissing going on around here lately.. How many head coaches has Brady had? How many have Farve and Manning had? Guessing that doesn't help things

19 years in the NFL (1991-2010) with only 1 SB ring & 336 interceptions. That's Favre's legacy sir. I live in WI. He wasn't that well loved & revered. Stop kissing his caboose...[Not a personal attack BOTT. Just the reality of the situation sir. Thank you.]Yes, I will give Brett credit for most consecutive starts 298, but his tendency to throw picks cannot be dismissed or brushed under the rug. His decision making was horrible at critical Championship moments.

I've made one Brent Favre post...that is hardly kissing his butt. And when did winning "only" one championship become a bad thing? Most players never win one.

I don't dislike Brady for all the reasons that article stated, fame, money, etc.  Dumb way to start an article.

I dislike Brady, because he is the opposition, who was winning while we were getting over those painful losses. This is sports, you dislike all opposition regarding to the game. Anything beyond that is silly.

Frankly, I have heard Brady mention Manning, and how he often called him during his injury. I try not to hear this stuff.....because it makes it hard to dislike the opposition.

When those two retire; I know I will have a greater appreciation of their body of work.  Brady and Manning.

I love how everyone hates Farve after the annoying ESPN coverage....before that he was well liked. And I wouldn't judge Favre on one bad pass he threw when he was 40 yrs old. And yes, I'm aware that wasnt his only interception...

I've made one Brent Favre post...that is hardly kissing his butt. And when did winning "only" one championship become a bad thing? Most players never win one.

Fair enough BOTT. You did make only 1 Brett Favre point. And yes, there are a number of QBs who never win a Championship. I just grow weary of people, not you per say, who make the inference that popularity or QB longevity trumps the highest number of interceptions in the NFL. It doesn't. Smart decision making or flawed decision making must be evaluated & critiqued in a QB's totality. 

Fair enough BOTT. You did make only 1 Brett Favre point. And yes, there are a number of QBs who never win a Championship. I just grow weary of people, not you per say, who make the inference that popularity or QB longevity trumps the highest number of interceptions in the NFL. It doesn't. Smart decision making or flawed decision making must be evaluated & critiqued in a QB's totality. 

To be fair he played 20yrs and attempted over 10k passes

Kinda like the Brady butt kissing going on around here lately.. How many head coaches has Brady had? How many have Farve and Manning had? Guessing that doesn't help things

I have been consistent & I have not deviated 1 inch. Tom Brady has 3 SB rings. Peyton Manning has 1 SB ring. They are both HOF QBs who are incredible smart. Tom Brady wins Playoff games & Peyton Manning stumbles. Tom secures leads in the Playoffs & Peyton, other than 2006, falls short. That's not Brady love; it's the truth. Just ask the Chargers, Steelers (2005), & Jets. Can this Manning weakness be fixed? Sure, but you can't pretend the problem doesn't exist. To be kind, Manning has difficulty winning games in the post season. If he can't solve this problem, he will never win another ring. 

What are you trying to say the Patriots can't win without Josh McDaniels or Eric Magini? I don't get the coaching reference. 

The other component Brady never gets enough credit for....Brady hasn't been surrounded by top tier WR's, RB's, & TE's until Randy Moss came to Foxboro in 2007. I can't remember what year Wes Welker went to NE from Miami either, but he is also premier talent. That's a fact. No can refute this.

If by some miracle Atlanta gets to the SB, NE will annhilate the "Dirty Birds" & Belichick will take away TE Tony Gonsalez IMO.

But to be fair, Brady wasn't putting up elite numbers until 2007. Until then he had very mediocre stats. It's not like he was throwing for 4,500 yards with no name receivers.

I have been consistent & I have not deviated 1 inch. Tom Brady has 3 SB rings. Peyton Manning has 1 SB ring. They are both HOF QBs who are incredible smart. Tom Brady wins Playoff games & Peyton Manning stumbles. Tom secures leads in the Playoffs & Peyton, other than 2006, falls short. That's not Brady love; it's the truth. Just ask the Chargers, Steelers (2005), & Jets. Can this Manning weakness be fixed? Sure, but you can't pretend the problem doesn't exist. To be kind, Manning has difficulty winning games in the post season. If he can't solve this problem, he will never win another ring.

What are you trying to say the Patriots can't win without Josh McDaniels or Eric Magini? I don't get the coaching reference.

Head coaches, not assistants