Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox.com article on Brady hating

GoPats

Well some of it has to do with the fact that Tom Brady found in public eating a cheeseburger results in live TV coverage and 250 questions about how the cheeseburger tasted and how many chews he needed to get the thing down, plus comparing it to other cheeseburgers that he's ate in the past.

And "Tom Brady preparing for (insert team here)." Didn't know preparing and gameplanning was exclusive to one guy....

HOF QBs get judged on rings not passes. Yes, no QB can win them alone, but he can limit the number of mistakes he makes which either brings a Championship within their grasp or throws confetti glory away.

Go the ol cliche about rings. I guess Dan Marino shouldn't even be in then....and I'm still waiting for Jim Plunkett

He wasn't dink and dunk when moss was there, that's for sure. The thing that i give Brady and the patriots the most credit for is adjusting to the strengths of the personnel they have. it doesn't matter if its a hof'er like moss or a guy like eddelman. They don't miss a beat.

yes we have been fortunate to have some solid weapons on offense in the past five years . . . Hernandez and Gronk so far are working out better than Watson and Graham for example . . . but you are correct the pats morph into what we have on offense . . . be it down the field or WR screens . . .

depending on what happens to Welker we might change again next year . . . luckily as it stands now we have a lot of depth, we'll have to see if that remains a few years down the road . . .

Regardless of who they played for, I would dislike Brady, Cutler and Griffin...I would think Manning is funny though I would think he needs a chill pill.......I could care less about Rodgers, Romo and Flacco......and I would like Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Colin Kap. and a few others.  You can't help who you like.      

I don't dislike Brady for all the reasons that article stated, fame, money, etc.  Dumb way to start an article.

I dislike Brady, because he is the opposition, who was winning while we were getting over those painful losses. This is sports, you dislike all opposition regarding to the game. Anything beyond that is silly.

Actually that's only been true since the advent of forums on the internet which is very recent compared to the history of football.

Before the forums fans admired great teams,players,and QBs ..even opponents.

I leave you to reason why.

Go the ol cliche about rings. I guess Dan Marino shouldn't even be in then....and I'm still waiting for Jim Plunkett

Cliches are cliches for a reason: A Championship is why you play the game. Can every QB win one? Of course not. Just ask Jim Kelly what he wants more 4 SB appearances or 1 ring? It's a rhetorical question & answer.

Cliche are cliche for a reason: A Championship is why you play the game. Can every QB win one? Of course not. Just ask Jim Kelly what he wants more 4 SB appearances or 1 ring? It's a rhetorical question & answer. 

.....or it's just repeating crap others say

Dnt no how people think patriots will be good when bradys gone cause bb will be gone aswell it all comes down to bb I hate to say it but he's the best at what he does he gets everyone ready knowing what to do how to stop peoples strengths nd knows where peoples weakness are. People who say things like we lost cause Brady was injured nd dint throw right there are so many things in past games it's all ifs and buts lol

Dnt no how people think patriots will be good when bradys gone cause bb will be gone aswell it all comes down to bb I hate to say it but he's the best at what he does he gets everyone ready knowing what to do how to stop peoples strengths nd knows where peoples weakness are. People who say things like we lost cause Brady was injured nd dint throw right there are so many things in past games it's all ifs and buts lol

Just like GB would never be good again when Favre left or the Colts would be a perennial four win team when Manning left? The fact is Ryan Malliett very well could be the next great QB and NE has a better team and coaching than either the Colts and GB so I would not expect a huge drop off when Brady retires...

Dear god, like there isn't enough patriots fawning on ESPN....I have to see it on a colts forum

Dear God, why do people complain about stuff like this when all they have to do is not click a mouse? :thmup:

No kidding.. I guess some pats fans are really insecure.

But who would truly be "insecure" here?

13 head-to-head games, Brady and the Patriots have won nine of them.

Think about that for just a sec amigo. ;)

Even BB's classic media propaganda has filtered down to the fans. Not only have they piled on to destroy Peyton's legacy after his latest choke, they are now stretching the void by sneaking in (without fanfare or bunting) that Brady only lost his two Super Bowls because he was injured. 'Where did we say that' I hear. But you cannot fool me.

Why would Patriots fans want to pile on to destroy Manning's legacy? He's doing a fine job of that by himself. :stir:

(Settle down, settle down... I am just having fun with a friend here, people.)

Just like GB would never be good again when Favre left or the Colts would be a perennial four win team when Manning left? The fact is Ryan Malliett very well could be the next great QB and NE has a better team and coaching than either the Colts and GB so I would not expect a huge drop off when Brady retires...

Brady will be there for 5 more years at least. Don't forget, all he does is stand still in the pocket and dink and dunk his way slowly up the field. He can probably do that for 10 more years when I think about it.......

Dear God, why do people complain about stuff like this when all they have to do is not click a mouse? :thmup:

Why would Patriots fans want to pile on to destroy Manning's legacy? He's doing a fine job of that by himself. :stir:

Look, GoPats, please change your username back to Gisele if you don't mind. You cannot fool me. 

Look, GoPats, please change your username back to Gisele if you don't mind. You cannot fool me. 

"My huzz-band cannot throw the football and catch the football!"

Actually, if I was Gisele, I wouldn't waste valuable "naked in front of mirrors" time to post on a message board.

Because I had to click the mouse to see what it was truly about....and then found out it was stupid

.....or it's just repeating crap others say
Clearly, we have a difference of opinion here, which is perfectly fine. Are the hallowed halls of Canton filled with professional athletes that never win a ring? Yes. Does that diminish their years of service in the league & the surgeries they endured to play this great game & attempt to win a world Championship? Absolutely not. Do many athletes play this game to improve their social standing & rise out of poverty or humble beginning? No question.

But, at the end of the day, if you asked a vast majority of these athletes privately 1 on 1, what would you rather have more 1 ring & a shorter career or a long career & no ring? A significant portion would opt for the World Championship scenario because that ring guarantees them hiring speaking fees, card signing fees, and endorsement fees in their local communities after they retire & adjust to life as a private citizen vs a football player for most of their youth & adult life.

Winning a ring=more earning potential & a better, more comfortable life in retirement.

Clearly, we have a difference of opinion here, which is perfectly fine. Are the hallowed halls of Canton filled with professional athletes that never win a ring? Yes. Does that diminish their years of service in the league & the surgeries they endured to play this great game & attempt to win a world Championship? Absolutely not. Do many athletes play this game to improve their social standing & rise out of poverty or humble beginning? No question.

But, at the end of the day, if you asked a vast majority of these athletes privately 1 on 1, what would you rather have more 1 ring & a shorter career or a long career & no ring? A significant portion would opt for the World Championship scenario because that ring guarantees them hiring speaking fees, card signing fees, and endorsement fees in their local communities after they retire & adjust to life as a private citizen vs a football player for most of their youth & adult life.

Winning a ring=more earning potential & a better, more comfortable life in retirement.

Dan Marino has done pretty well for himself after football

Dan Marino has done pretty well for himself after football

Yes, he has done quite well. And, if I'm completely honest, there are some World Championship NFL athletes who have won rings, got into financial trouble, & had to pawn or sell their ring. So, winning a ring doesn't solidify financial prosperity. NY Giants LB Lawrence Taylor comes to mind who sold his SB ring recently. I don't think LT is bankrupt, but his recent scandal involving "intimate relations" with an underage girl in a hotel room last year probably didn't help his marriage any & legal fees aren't cheap these days. 

Yes, I know he gave the ring to his son, but I'm not sure I buy that line myself.

I respect Brady and start to respect him more after he has earned the most playoff wins in NFL history. The guy doesn't make many mistakes even in his bad games. But I do like Manning more than Brady even though as fans we don't really know who they are other than what's shown on the media. I think generally for most males Manning is more likable and there must be reasons Manning is endorsing Direct TV, papa Johns and Buick while Brady prepresents UGG :thmup:

Yes, he has done quite well. And, if I'm completely honest, there are some World Championship NFL athletes who have won rings, got into financial trouble, & had to pawn or sell their ring. So, winning a ring doesn't solidify financial prosperity. NY Giants LB Lawrence Taylor comes to mind who sold his SB ring recently. I don't think LT is bankrupt, but his recent scandal involving "intimate relations" with an underage girl in a hotel room last year probably didn't help his marriage any & legal fees aren't cheap these days.

Yes, I know he gave the ring to his son, but I'm not sure I buy that line myself.

I loved LT as a kid. But his off field issues were numerous no question

I'm not sure what the 2nd paragraph has to do with anything. Every athlete would want more rings...I never said otherwise

very well may be but all I no is it's bb that virtually does everything gameplaning everything web brady goes he goes ain't gonna be as easy as u think plus has mallet ever played a game yet?

very well may be but all I no is it's bb that virtually does everything gameplaning everything web brady goes he goes ain't gonna be as easy as u think plus has mallet ever played a game yet?

Brady is not replaceable perse in the sense that you will not find a guy that will go to 5 potentially 6 SBs in 11 years. That is just ridiculous but in terms of contening for championships, sure. I think what separates the Pats is that their entire organization is run so well. When Brady went down in 2008, Cassell headed a team that had gone 16-0 the previous season. He did not have to do much to win games and benefited from the easiest schedule in Pats history, much like Luck this year. The Pats will not have to rebuild when Brady retires as the team is always in great shape talent-wise and cap-wise. Finding the right guy at QB is never easy but I trust that the Pats would be able to find the right guy for their system sooner rather than later and not miss a beat.

My wife said that there are some guys that only a girl can like.  I think Tom Brady is one of those guys.  I am huge Larry Bird fan and you could tell Boston fans loved that guy, but I don't see that with Tommy boy.

I could not disagree more. I am a female for the record. Brady is immensely loved by men. Have you ever watched a pats game? The guy is a cult hero. Awhile ago a Boston writer put it this way, "Brady is the guy that every woman wants to be with and every guy wants to be." I think that pretty much sums it up.

My wife said that there are some guys that only a girl can like. I think Tom Brady is one of those guys. I am huge Larry Bird fan and you could tell Boston fans loved that guy, but I don't see that with Tommy boy.

Huh?

New England worships the ground that Brady walks on. He can do no wrong.

He is just as loved in this area as Larry Legend.