Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UKColt's Mock Offseason

This is how i can see our offseason shaping up.

O Line gets addressed in FA, Both G and RT need urgent upgrades. But there are plenty of names in FA to address them with. I like Louis Vasquez at Guard, especially since the arrival of Jimmy Raye gives us a foot in the door. Andy Levitre is another option. I'd also like to see Vollmer in a horseshoe helmet if he's healthy. 

I see corner getting filled in FA as well, Jimmy Raye's gives us access to 3 Charger CBs who will be FA this offseason. I'd personally go for Antoine Cason.

The draft is stacked with DL talent this year, i dont see the need to address it RD1, when we could get some very respectable prospects in 3&4

I would love the pickup of either Matt Elam or Kenny Vaccaro in RD1. Unless we pickup Jairus Byrd.

I'd like to see us pickup either Connor Barwin or Paul Kruger. But because both are not proven consistent rushers i would like to maybe spend and early pick on an additional outside rusher. I like Okafor if we can afford to spend a RD1 pick on the position. But if we choose to wait, i can see us picking up any of Chase Thomas from Stanford, Corey Lemonier from Auburn or Brandon Jenkins from Florida State.

Any thoughts?

Wow, Dude!  This is exactly what I've been saying about our off-season.  Specifically, that we'd pick up a new starting RT, RG, and 2nd CB in FA, and that we'd draft Elam or Vaccaro.  Couldn't agree more!.  I tend to be less optimistic than most about which players will be available to us in FA and the draft.  I currently predict we'll sign Gosder Cherilus (Lions) to be the new RT, Ramon Foster (Steelers) for RG, and Chris Owens (Falcons) for CB.  I'd re-sign virtually all our Colt UFAs (with the notable exceptions of Avery and Freeney - both expensive and not part of the long-term plan).  Then, we draft:

1) Matt Elam, S, Florida

3) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi

4) Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois

6) Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

7) William Campbell, DL, Michigan.

Wow, Dude! This is exactly what I've been saying about our off-season. Specifically, that we'd pick up a new starting RT, RG, and 2nd CB in FA, and that we'd draft Elam or Vaccaro. Couldn't agree more!. I tend to be less optimistic than most about which players will be available to us in FA and the draft. I currently predict we'll sign Gosder Cherilus (Lions) to be the new RT, Ramon Foster (Steelers) for RG, and Chris Owens (Falcons) for CB. I'd re-sign virtually all our Colt UFAs (with the notable exceptions of Avery and Freeney - both expensive and not part of the long-term plan). Then, we draft:

1) Matt Elam, S, Florida

Looks really good. Hadn't considered Cherilus at RT, would be interesting to see if either he or Vollmer light Grigson's fire.

Great post UKColt. I agree with a lot of your opinions on what we should do. I would love bringing in OG Vasquez and Vollmer if hes healthy. If not, I would like Jermon Bushrod or Gosder Cherilus.

As for CB, Cason is an underrated guy I wouldnt mind bringing in on the cheap. I still like Rodgers Cromartie since he would give us a bigger corner that has the height to defend taller WRs. If we didnt target Xavier Rhodes or Johnathon Banks, I would like DRC.

As for Kruger and Barwin, I dont think they will be worth the money they will demand, unless Grigson and Pagano believe Kruger's best play is still ahead of him. Id look at Anthony Spencer too unless hes gonna demand a big payday. Otherwise Id be fine with getting a pass rusher round 3 like Brandon Jenkins.

Round 1 I want a DB unless we sign some good DBs in free agency. I predict us taking a CB or S in round 1 unless we go heavy in free agency by getting a Byrd or Goldson at S, or DRC at CB.

DL I like round 1 if they fall are Johnathon Hankins and Sheldon Richardson. I would take those guys first if they last.

Wow, Dude!  This is exactly what I've been saying about our off-season.  Specifically, that we'd pick up a new starting RT, RG, and 2nd CB in FA, and that we'd draft Elam or Vaccaro.  Couldn't agree more!.  I tend to be less optimistic than most about which players will be available to us in FA and the draft.  I currently predict we'll sign Gosder Cherilus (Lions) to be the new RT, Ramon Foster (Steelers) for RG, and Chris Owens (Falcons) for CB.  I'd re-sign virtually all our Colt UFAs (with the notable exceptions of Avery and Freeney - both expensive and not part of the long-term plan).  Then, we draft:

1) Matt Elam, S, Florida

Replace Collins with Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd, and replace Thorton with either Gabe Jackson or Alvin Bailey in the 4th and Im good with that. I might still prefer Vaccaro over Elam though.

Don't disagree.  I read somewhere that Gabe Jackson was going back to school, and I assume that Bailey will be long gone before our 4th rounder.  But we all know that these rounds will change an awful lot when the all-star games and the combine have come and went.

I like Cary Williams in free agency from the ravens. He isn't scared to take on a WR one on one and take him the whole game. He doesn't shy away from taking chances on interceptions and he would make a smooth transition being he was with Pagano the last 3 years. Pair him with Vontae and we have something great at the CB position. I hope Grigson go for him

Offensive Option

1.  Cooper, Jones, Johnson, Thomas, Fluker (OL)

2. NA

3. Larry Warford (OL) or Menelik Watson (OL)

4. Kenon Barner or Dri Archer (RB/WR)

Defensive Option

1. Ansah or Hankins or Williams (DL)

2. NA

3. Thomas (OLB) or Jelani Jenkins or Sean Porter (OLB)

4. Kwame Geathers (NT)

Maybe try to get LARRY FITZGERALD for draft picks since Bruce Arians is Head Coach @ Arizona...

FA: Long (OL)

I like Cary Williams in free agency from the ravens. He isn't scared to take on a WR one on one and take him the whole game. He doesn't shy away from taking chances on interceptions and he would make a smooth transition being he was with Pagano the last 3 years. Pair him with Vontae and we have something great at the CB position. I hope Grigson go for him

I don't know about Cary Williams, from what I have seen from him he isn't very consistent. But if Pags and Manusky think they can whip him into shape then who am I to argue??

I think we should throw money at Andy Levitre and use Jimmy Rayes San Diego connection to lure Louis Vasquez out here for a good price. Then use our 1st round pick on D.J. Fluker ( think a more athletic Andre Smith or Cordy Glenn) this gives Pep Hamilton his power blockers for his power running scheme and Luck doesnt have to run for his life every other play. Sign either Paul Kruger or Connor Barwin at OLB, Alan Branch at DT,  and a good cornerback ( take your pick of Brent Grimes, Derek Cox, or Sean Smith) to pair with Davis. If Fluker gets nabbed before he gets to us then as usual go best player available.

Offensive Option

1.  Cooper, Jones, Johnson, Thomas, Fluker (OL)

2. NA

3. Larry Warford (OL) or Menelik Watson (OL)

4. Kenon Barner or Dri Archer (RB/WR)

Defensive Option

1. Ansah or Hankins or Williams (DL)

2. NA

3. Thomas (OLB) or Jelani Jenkins or Sean Porter (OLB)

4. Kwame Geathers (NT)

Maybe try to get LARRY FITZGERALD for draft picks since Bruce Arians is Head Coach @ Arizona...

FA: Long (OL)

I'd crack open a bottle of Lagavulin if we somehow nabbed Sean Porter in the 3rd.

I am on the fence......if both end up being available I am leaning more toward Conner Barwin over Kruger.....and maybe my mental picture is more jaded than reality. But Barwin seemed more rounded and demanded more attention from the O-line than did Kruger......Kruger seemed to be more of a disruptor only when the line blocked away from his position, very apparent in his last playoff game, and kind of disappears when the o-line is blocking man to man, straight on or going to his side of the ball. Barwin not as flashy, but always there no matter the scheme in front of him.......just a gut feeling....(I am hoping BOTH are available, I am not convinced EITHER will be though)