Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

patriots getting ahead of themselves

CR91

If anything, that's the exact opposite of what the Pats do.  You rarely see the Pats make gestures like this or go out an do trash talking in the media.  This is just some fan or a few fans who had some extra bucks and decided to have a little fun

i meant to write patriot fans sorry

If anything, that's the exact opposite of what the Pats do.  You rarely see the Pats make gestures like this or go out an do trash talking in the media.  This is just some fan or a few fans who had some extra bucks and decided to have a little fun

I agree 100% 21isSuperman. The Patriots never say any derogatory about a team or player publicly. Typically, they praise Flacco. Sing sweet complements of him all over the airways. Pour metaphoric perfume all over him in the locker room media sessions,  & then confuse, sack, & demolish his psyche & body all over Gillette Field in Foxboro. Like a beautiful who turns on her feminine charms of seduction you then & then takes you back to private room to throw you around in a bloodthirsty MMA cage match. Kill their adversary with kindness & then pulverize them. It's their stellar football business model & it actually works well for them.

Regarding Ray Lewis, I agree his years of superior play as a LB in the NFL deserve a more esteemed level of appreciation that than sign makes a mockery of. Robert Kraft & Bill Belichick had nothing to do with this short sighted act of stupidity. I can promise you that.  

Living 50 miles east of Chicago we have a mix of Bear and Colts fans and we have one common thread.

We all want anyone except New England to win the Super Bowl, this billboard is just another reason why.

I never understand why a business slams a HOF NFL player with a giant countdown sign anyway just to generate business. It's counterproductive, foolish, & can easily backfire. Teams may need additional motivation to put their warrior paint on during game day once in awhile, but blatant disrespect for 1 of the best LB's this league has ever produced is not a wise move. Ever! Again NE as a franchise played no part in this disrespectful sign in my view. I blame the private citizen or corporation that paid for the sign not the NE organization. The vast majority of Foxboro fans admire Ray Lewis as a competitor too who never quits as well. 

Just so everyone is aware, Clear Channel is a national media company that happens to have an office in Boston. I don't believe any fans paid for the billboard, or raised money for it, and the Patriots certainly would not participate in something like that. Ever.

So this is one national business responsible for it... not even just a Boston-based thing. Which struck me as odd. Don't they also have billboards down in Maryland?

They obviously did it for the publicity. Success there.

But they in no way "speak" for the team, Patriots fans, etc. This is just like the Dan Shaughnessy article about the Texans last week. No like-y.

:slaphead:

I don't know, I think the Broncos got ahead of themselves more than anybody. The Seahawks second, all you ever heard about was how both of them were going to the Super Bowl.

Right, even Manning admitted they were "planning to play next week" in the postgame news conference. So not his style.