Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charles Davis has us picking..

Most want Oline but that is a pretty deep position in the upcoming draft plus Colts will likely address via free agency beforehand making it less of an urgency to spend a 1st round pick there.  Just something to consider.  As long as we focus primarily on improving our OLine and the Defense  I'll be fine with our offseason.  

They have us picking a DT for a couple of reasons.

1) Its a habit. Polian neglected the position so long, the pundits associate a Colts draft with the need for a DT.

2) They have forgotten about Chapman, and rightfully so. He may be the answer at NT. But how would we know? He never played a down and hardly practiced all season.

OG, RT, CB, SS, DE, OLB, are all positions that could be filled at 24, depending on who is available, and which of those positions are taken care of via FA or trade prior to...or during the draft.

If we take another TE at 24 I'll like set a world record for nasal beer ejection.

CB, OL, OLB in no particular order

I would put it as DB, OL, OLB in no particular order. It would also depend on who falls because a team reaches for a QB, which I bet some teams will. That might allow Sheldon Richardson to fall to us???

Very much like how Castanzo fell to us.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to see the o-line with a big upgrade before the draft ever starts, making the draft picks more of a luxury.

Grigson has the cap space this year to fill needs finally, so the O-line will get addressed. As for picking DT at 24; I don't think it will happen. Grigson is already trying to land Armstead from the CFL (which wouldn't be a bad pick up at all). I say we go with Elam, Vacarro, Cooper, or Rhodes if one should fall to us at 24, but otherwise trade down for a 2nd and 3rd. Rambo and Jenkins should be there in the third.

Grigson has the cap space this year to fill needs finally, so the O-line will get addressed. As for picking DT at 24; I don't think it will happen. Grigson is already trying to land Armstead from the CFL (which wouldn't be a bad pick up at all). I say we go with Elam, Vacarro, Cooper, or Rhodes if one should fall to us at 24, but otherwise trade down for a 2nd and 3rd. Rambo and Jenkins should be there in the third.

Yeah, i think based on last year we should have all the confidence in Grigson. He'll do the right thing. Elam or Rhodes would not be bad at that point, the other 2 I'm not that familiar with.

Keep in mind folks we are picking in the later end of rounds so guys like Brandon Jenkins, Baccari Rambo, Travis Frederick, Ricky Wagner may not be there for example by the late 3rd like some of those names will be there by the early 3rd

Yeah, i think based on last year we should have all the confidence in Grigson. He'll do the right thing. Elam or Rhodes would not be bad at that point, the other 2 I'm not that familiar with.

Jonathan Cooper is a guard who can play any of the three interior line spots and is moving up boards. Xavier Rhodes is a big CB out of Florida state that is projected mid first round. These two fit needs and wouldn't be too bad of a pickup at 24, as I am not completely sold on drafting a DT/DE in the first. Kwame Geathers is a DT we could pick up later in the rounds to help the D-line rotation. 

Keep in mind folks we are picking in the later end of rounds so guys like Brandon Jenkins, Baccari Rambo, Travis Frederick, Ricky Wagner may not be there for example by the late 3rd like some of those names will be there by the early 3rd

That's why I'm wishing for a trade down for a second and third. That would open up possibilities for rounds two through four. We could pick up O-line help early second, Rambo early 3rd, and Jenkins mid third (might have to trade up for it). 

rhodes would be the safest pick because u can never have too many cb's but he might go in the top 20. i think grigson will go with safety 1st round either vaccaro, elam, or reid.  there won't be any great safeties in free agency both byrd and goldston will be franchised and ss is the weakest position on the defense.

rhodes would be the safest pick because u can never have too many cb's but he might go in the top 20. i think grigson will go with safety 1st round either vaccaro, elam, or reid.  there won't be any great safeties in free agency both byrd and goldston will be franchised and ss is the weakest position on the defense.

I think D-line is our weakest position, followed by CB, then S. 

we will most likely sign a cb in free agency plenty are available drc, shields,jenkins, talib, and williams. our d-line is also good enough with redding, tevasue,nevis, moala and chapman should be ready for the regular season and both will start. zbikowski and lefedged are back ups neither are starter material. remember we were at our best when bob sanders was healthy ranked in top 10 in run and pass defense. bethea needs help and i think matt elam would have an immediate impact on our team just as bob sanders did for us.

we will most likely sign a cb in free agency plenty are available drc, shields,jenkins, talib, and williams. our d-line is also good enough with redding, tevasue,nevis, moala and chapman should be ready for the regular season and both will start. zbikowski and lefedged are back ups neither are starter material. remember we were at our best when bob sanders was healthy ranked in top 10 in run and pass defense. bethea needs help and i think matt elam would have an immediate impact on our team just as bob sanders did for us.

I think you are either forgetting, or trying to forget that KC ran the lights out on us. D-line depth is needed, which is why Grigson is pursuing Armstead and is willing to spend money on O-line to address offensive need. I agree that Elam would have an immediate impact, but it's hard to say if he will fall to 24. As for the CBs in free agency; I think it will come down to right player, right price. 

Especially since America got to see what great secondaries can do for a team (Seahawks).  I don't know if Grigson goes SS.   I  wouldn't mind Rhodes.  According to scouts, he is the most physical DB in the draft and that fits our Monster profile.

You take the highest graded player. 50% of the running plays are guard to guard.

Right now we have Zero good nose tackles. Chapman SHOULD be stout, BUT...

More logical, so Likely to take a $$$ player in rd 1 of course. LT, CB, pass rusher.

your missing McKinney. I have faith in Chapman to be the guy well all want in a NT. McKinney will be fine as well if they both are fully healthly and are in shape going into camp