•  

Photo

Charles Davis has us picking..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2586 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Jesse Williams DT Alabama.. Per NFL.com

Don't really like this pick.

I think we resign Fili.. Give Chapman and McKinnie a shot.. And Riccardo Matthews isn't all that bad, plays with a ton of energy.

Protecting Luck is key..

Without #12 we are back to being a 2-14 team.
"In Grigson We Trust!"

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4999 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't want a NT round 1. There is no NT that will be BPA at 24, and we can get Kwame Geathers later.
I don't like him as a DE, either.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#3 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2586 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't think we need a NT round 1. either..
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#4 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2576 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Dudes arms look rather small compared to his body, yet he's strong as heck

#5 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7640 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

we already have NTs what we need is o-line or safety

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Elam or Rhodes depending what we do n free agency.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

#7 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I wouldn't be disappointed with Williams himself, because I like his toughness, but I would be disappointed in picking that position.

#8 andrewluck4mvp

andrewluck4mvp
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

i wouldnt mind trying to get kenny viccaro or okafor in round one. either would be fine for me

#9 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

I wouldn't be disappointed with Williams himself, because I like his toughness, but I would be disappointed in picking that position.

Why would defensive line be disappointment? Games are won in the trenches ...plus a QB

#10 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 1980 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Most want Oline but that is a pretty deep position in the upcoming draft plus Colts will likely address via free agency beforehand making it less of an urgency to spend a 1st round pick there.  Just something to consider.  As long as we focus primarily on improving our OLine and the Defense  I'll be fine with our offseason.  

"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#11 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2070 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Ya, I don't understand everyone has us picking NT/DT round 1.... I don't see that happening. Hoping corner/safety/OL

#12 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3296 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

They have us picking a DT for a couple of reasons. 1) Its a habit. Polian neglected the position so long, the pundits associate a Colts draft with the need for a DT. 2) They have forgotten about Chapman, and rightfully so. He may be the answer at NT. But how would we know? He never played a down and hardly practiced all season.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#13 iM COLTSSTRONG

iM COLTSSTRONG
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Ive said no NT all along. CB,S, or OLB in first. DL and OL is always deep. plus i have a feeling we will pick up 1 or 2 OL in FA. 

#14 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3476 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

OG, RT, CB, SS, DE, OLB, are all positions that could be filled at 24, depending on who is available, and which of those positions are taken care of via FA or trade prior to...or during the draft.

If we take another TE at 24 I'll like set a world record for nasal beer ejection.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#15 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 1998 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

is he excelusively a NT? Cant he play 3-4 DE? if he can i dont see the problem. we need difference makers  inside, we dont generate pressure if we are not blitzing and we still lack some push inside so if he can do it i dont see a problem

#16 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Why would defensive line be disappointment? Games are won in the trenches ...plus a QB

Mainly because we drafted Chapman last year.  If we go defense in the 1st, I would prefer someone who can get after the QB and Williams doesn't do that.

#17 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

CB, OL, OLB in no particular order

CjMcGirt23

#18 mountaineer

mountaineer
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

It wouldn't be a bad thing to see the o-line with a big upgrade before the draft ever starts, making the draft picks more of a luxury.

#19 chad72

chad72
  • 8862 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

CB, OL, OLB in no particular order

I would put it as DB, OL, OLB in no particular order. It would also depend on who falls because a team reaches for a QB, which I bet some teams will. That might allow Sheldon Richardson to fall to us???

Very much like how Castanzo fell to us.

#20 illdubb

illdubb
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

It wouldn't be a bad thing to see the o-line with a big upgrade before the draft ever starts, making the draft picks more of a luxury.

Grigson has the cap space this year to fill needs finally, so the O-line will get addressed. As for picking DT at 24; I don't think it will happen. Grigson is already trying to land Armstead from the CFL (which wouldn't be a bad pick up at all). I say we go with Elam, Vacarro, Cooper, or Rhodes if one should fall to us at 24, but otherwise trade down for a 2nd and 3rd. Rambo and Jenkins should be there in the third.

#21 mountaineer

mountaineer
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Grigson has the cap space this year to fill needs finally, so the O-line will get addressed. As for picking DT at 24; I don't think it will happen. Grigson is already trying to land Armstead from the CFL (which wouldn't be a bad pick up at all). I say we go with Elam, Vacarro, Cooper, or Rhodes if one should fall to us at 24, but otherwise trade down for a 2nd and 3rd. Rambo and Jenkins should be there in the third.

Yeah, i think based on last year we should have all the confidence in Grigson. He'll do the right thing. Elam or Rhodes would not be bad at that point, the other 2 I'm not that familiar with.

#22 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17043 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Keep in mind folks we are picking in the later end of rounds so guys like Brandon Jenkins, Baccari Rambo, Travis Frederick, Ricky Wagner may not be there for example by the late 3rd like some of those names will be there by the early 3rd

#23 illdubb

illdubb
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, i think based on last year we should have all the confidence in Grigson. He'll do the right thing. Elam or Rhodes would not be bad at that point, the other 2 I'm not that familiar with.

Jonathan Cooper is a guard who can play any of the three interior line spots and is moving up boards. Xavier Rhodes is a big CB out of Florida state that is projected mid first round. These two fit needs and wouldn't be too bad of a pickup at 24, as I am not completely sold on drafting a DT/DE in the first. Kwame Geathers is a DT we could pick up later in the rounds to help the D-line rotation. 

#24 illdubb

illdubb
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Keep in mind folks we are picking in the later end of rounds so guys like Brandon Jenkins, Baccari Rambo, Travis Frederick, Ricky Wagner may not be there for example by the late 3rd like some of those names will be there by the early 3rd

That's why I'm wishing for a trade down for a second and third. That would open up possibilities for rounds two through four. We could pick up O-line help early second, Rambo early 3rd, and Jenkins mid third (might have to trade up for it). 

#25 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2910 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

rhodes would be the safest pick because u can never have too many cb's but he might go in the top 20. i think grigson will go with safety 1st round either vaccaro, elam, or reid.  there won't be any great safeties in free agency both byrd and goldston will be franchised and ss is the weakest position on the defense.

#26 illdubb

illdubb
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

rhodes would be the safest pick because u can never have too many cb's but he might go in the top 20. i think grigson will go with safety 1st round either vaccaro, elam, or reid.  there won't be any great safeties in free agency both byrd and goldston will be franchised and ss is the weakest position on the defense.

I think D-line is our weakest position, followed by CB, then S. 

#27 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2910 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

we will most likely sign a cb in free agency plenty are available drc, shields,jenkins, talib, and williams. our d-line is also good enough with redding, tevasue,nevis, moala and chapman should be ready for the regular season and both will start. zbikowski and lefedged are back ups neither are starter material. remember we were at our best when bob sanders was healthy ranked in top 10 in run and pass defense. bethea needs help and i think matt elam would have an immediate impact on our team just as bob sanders did for us.

#28 illdubb

illdubb
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

we will most likely sign a cb in free agency plenty are available drc, shields,jenkins, talib, and williams. our d-line is also good enough with redding, tevasue,nevis, moala and chapman should be ready for the regular season and both will start. zbikowski and lefedged are back ups neither are starter material. remember we were at our best when bob sanders was healthy ranked in top 10 in run and pass defense. bethea needs help and i think matt elam would have an immediate impact on our team just as bob sanders did for us.

I think you are either forgetting, or trying to forget that KC ran the lights out on us. D-line depth is needed, which is why Grigson is pursuing Armstead and is willing to spend money on O-line to address offensive need. I agree that Elam would have an immediate impact, but it's hard to say if he will fall to 24. As for the CBs in free agency; I think it will come down to right player, right price. 

#29 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Especially since America got to see what great secondaries can do for a team (Seahawks).  I don't know if Grigson goes SS.   I  wouldn't mind Rhodes.  According to scouts, he is the most physical DB in the draft and that fits our Monster profile.

#30 Colts20593

Colts20593
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

We either go OL or CB with our first pick, two biggest areas of need. Unless someone unexpected falls into our lap

#31 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3032 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

You take the highest graded player. 50% of the running plays are guard to guard.
Right now we have Zero good nose tackles. Chapman SHOULD be stout, BUT...

More logical, so Likely to take a $$$ player in rd 1 of course. LT, CB, pass rusher.

#32 iM COLTSSTRONG

iM COLTSSTRONG
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

You take the highest graded player. 50% of the running plays are guard to guard.
Right now we have Zero good nose tackles. Chapman SHOULD be stout, BUT...

More logical, so Likely to take a $$$ player in rd 1 of course. LT, CB, pass rusher.

your missing McKinney. I have faith in Chapman to be the guy well all want in a NT. McKinney will be fine as well if they both are fully healthly and are in shape going into camp

#33 trailertrash

trailertrash
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

MENELIK WATSON, OT, FSU!

#34 iM COLTSSTRONG

iM COLTSSTRONG
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

MENELIK WATSON, OT, FSU!

WE DONT NEED A PROJECT!!!!

#35 hillbillybob

hillbillybob
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

if we get a defensive linemen with the first pick, i hope it they select sheldon williams. he can play de with chapman at nt and redding at dt

#36 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2586 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

McKinney and Chapman could do some damage.. Mathis,Kruger and Spmce.. Would be pretty wicked!
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#37 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2586 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

And can't forget Big Red!
"In Grigson We Trust!"

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Jul
    Bogie

Edmond O'Brien - a decent actor that fell off my oldies radar. D.O.A. was pretty good for a public domain film. Thank you someone for the Internet Archive.

View All Updates