Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Dustin

WOW! about the new reports coming out.  If it is true, I wonder if he did not think this would get this far? I think his lies caught up to him and now is spinning out of control. But how can anyone lie about this? Even lie about someone dying of cancer? If his football career does not pan out. He can be a writer for fiction books. Because he was very believable. I guess I will never understand if you have everything going for you. Why would you lie? Why would you damage you're image and could ruin you;re dreams. The more reports it comes it comes out the more bizarre it gets. Even heard on Fox radio, that Manti told ND that he knew about the hoax on December 6th which we already knew. But I guess he told the AP that he found about it on December 8th when the AP went back to their interview records back in December.
WOW! about the new reports coming out.  If it is true, I wonder if he did not think this would get this far? I think his lies caught up to him and now is spinning out of control. But how can anyone lie about this? Even lie about someone dying of cancer? If his football career does not pan out. He can be a writer for fiction books. Because he was very believable. I guess I will never understand if you have everything going for you. Why would you lie? Why would you damage you're image and could ruin you;re dreams. The more reports it comes it comes out the more bizarre it gets. Even heard on Fox radio, that Manti told ND that he knew about the hoax on December 6th which we already knew. But I guess he told the AP that he found about it on December 8th when the AP went back to their interview records back in December.

He didnt know exactly what was true...on the 6th or the 8th....

there was no one point at which he was told..'You've been conned' He gradually realized it..

I continue to be amazed that people see it more logical that he fabricated all of this by himself..as opposed to the fact that he was young and dumb..

This is hardly an isloated incident. Young and old get conned every day .

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. And did the scammers force Teo to tell his parents that he had gone to Hawaii and met his imaginary girlfriend there? I guess the normal reaction when you get to Hawaii and find no one there waiting for you is to just go home and tell your parents that you did in fact meet when you did not? Just doesn't make any sense. No rational human being would react that way. The whole thing is a fabrication. Maybe Teo initially was duped. But then he began to play along with it and became on the conmen himself.

But Dudley......He DID meet her more than once. You dont get it.

She wasnt HER...'Her' 'brother' called his parents...but there is no real 'her' and there was no real 'brother'

'She' texted Teo's parents ...Her 'brother' called his parents after 'she' died to cry on their shoulder.

But there was no her and there was no brother....It was all a game..

.A catfish story. A complicated con...//There are photos of HER but it isnt her.

Other peole met HER but it isnt her

She originaly met Teo..and they exchanged e-mails but she wasnt who she said she was

Of course, he did want to believe it..and repeated the story...he wanted to believe she existed...that he wasnt crazy

They built a house of cards around him. They played him for a fool...

She wasnt HER...'Her' 'brother' called his parents...but there is no real 'her' and there was no real 'brother'

'She' texted Teo's parents ...Her 'brother' called his parents after 'she' died to cry on their shoulder.

.A catfish story. A complicated con...//There are photos of HER but it isnt her.

She originaly met Teo..and they exchanged e-mails but she wasnt who she said she was

Of course, he did want to believe it..and repeated the story...he wanted to believe she existed...that he wasnt crazy

Jack swarbrick said manti told him he never met her in person. Hr only communicated with her on the phone and online

Jvan..

If he said that, that's an embelishment by him.....right there

He said he looked into her eyes when they met orginally to exchange emails..

.....He did put some icing on the story some..but he bought into the con..100%

They (swarbrick) had outside gumshoes investigate this for a few weeks...

In addition to what Jvan just said to show the inconsistencies in the story, this is all just too much to believe.

I am going to assume you are a Notre Dame fan who just doesn't want to believe Teo is capable of being a liar. The fact is every other person is using an Occam's Razor approach and it is much more likely that Teo lied rather than facts A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc. all had to happen in order to come out that Teo is absolutely clean.

The vacation story, despite your explanation, still does not make any sense. You say someone other than Teo told the parents Teo and his imaginary girlfriend met in Hawaii. So Teo and his parents never once talked about it themselves? They never said to him "Hey son heard you and the woman went to Hawaii this past week." Come on. That is a big enough occurrence that his parents would have said something about it to Teo. The ND dude saying Teo told him they never met in person is just evidence that Teo can't get his own story straight. He told his parents they met in Hawaii months ago, now when the girlfriend is shown to be in fact, not real, he states "oh we never met...I was duped the whole time!"

I agree that maybe someone pranked him to begin with and made him think that he had a "girlfriend" online. But Teo is lying about a number of things on top of it and became one of the conmen after the fact. There is really no other explanation.

In addition to what Jvan just said to show the inconsistencies in the story, this is all just too much to believe.

I am going to assume you are a Notre Dame fan who just doesn't want to believe Teo is capable of being a liar. The fact is every other person is using an Occam's Razor approach and it is much more likely that Teo lied rather than facts A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc. all had to happen in order to come out that Teo is absolutely clean.

The vacation story, despite your explanation, still does not make any sense. You say someone other than Teo told the parents Teo and his imaginary girlfriend met in Hawaii. So Teo and his parents never once talked about it themselves? They never said to him "Hey son heard you and the woman went to Hawaii this past week." Come on. That is a big enough occurrence that his parents would have said something about it to Teo. The ND dude saying Teo told him they never met in person is just evidence that Teo can't get his own story straight. He told his parents they met in Hawaii, now when the girlfriend is shown to be in fact, not real, he states "oh we never met...I was duped the whole time!"

I agree that maybe someone pranked him to begin with and made him think that he had a "girlfriend" online. But Teo is lying about a number of things on top of it and became one of the conmen after the fact. There is really no other explanation.

As an ND fan I'm hoping he was just too embarrassed to come clean after he found out, but he needs to get in front of a microphone asap..

This Tuiasosopo guy sounds like a real creep to me.  Now, this story is coming out:

The alleged mastermind behind the Manti Te'o "fake" girlfriend hoax auditioned for NBC's "The Voice" and told an elaborate sob story to the producers.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a high school quarterback turned religious musician, auditioned for the upcoming season of "The Voice," according to Us Weekly. Before singing, Tuiasosopo told an elaborate tale about a tragic car accident, which "people now think ... is fake" in light of the Te'o hoax.

Via Us Weekly:

According to the source, Tuiasosopo told producers he and his cousins started a Christian band together and were on their way to perform at a youth conference in Nevada when they got into a "massive" car accident. He claimed a truck crashed into their vehicle, sending them flip-flopping all over the freeway. He also said doctors thought one of them might have been brain-dead, but miraculously, everyone was fine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-the-voice-audition-manti-teo-hoax-mastermind_n_2502112.html

Every single news organization who printed the story of the girlfriend or placed it on tv got duped.  Not a single one of them discovered it was a lie.  They blindly trusted a 22 year old who told a tale.  And worse, even when some ran into roadblocks, like no obituary or news about any car accident, they ran the stories anyway.  If they call got fooled, why couldn't a 22 year old?  Worse, they have an obligation to fact check, and didn't.  Te'o not fact checking doesn't surprise me. 

This is the strangest story in many, many years...

I dont think he's to blame...he had nothing to gain by lying..

....and he sounds like a good kid...who was easily fooled...

but if the Colts get a chance to draft him, I'd pass. He's got to be crushed emotionally and totally humilaited

I still haven't made my mind up.. such a weird ordeal.

I still don't think he was being truthful about the relationship he had with her. Even the teammates don't buy it. He LOVES attention. His actions at a mens basketball game scream "Attention Grabber". He wanted it to be all about him.

Actually untrue... His current team mates have his back

Actually untrue... His current team mates have his back

Then why did one say he didn't believe him?

He's still a terrible bf if he never visited the gf while she was in the hospital, didn't even know her major, when she graduated, where she worked.

How can anyone believe this mess? He would try to video chat, and only get a black box? Hello! Scammmmmmer!

Sorry, I have to disagree. Contacting people nowadays is not as easy as people are making out. You would not believe the number of times, when I get caught up drinking with friends, that I can't seem to get through to my wife to tell her I'll be late home. So darned tricky, this electronic age....

Well, after listening to some of the interview on ESPN(the parts they are telling), I'm still convinced that Te'o is lying about this. Maybe it started out as a hoax and he didn't know about it for a while but things still don't add up to me. I think he knew about this for a while and some of his teammates have said the same thing. Still too many inconsistencies in the story. I think this thing will be dragged out for a long time. I will say that if he was really hoaxed this whole time, I hope the Colts don't even think about drafting him because it is quite obvious he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Well, after listening to some of the interview on ESPN(the parts they are telling), I'm still convinced that Te'o is lying about this. Maybe it started out as a hoax and he didn't know about it for a while but things still don't add up to me. I think he knew about this for a while and some of his teammates have said the same thing. Still too many inconsistencies in the story. I think this thing will be dragged out for a long time. I will say that if he was really hoaxed this whole time, I hope the Colts don't even think about drafting him because it is quite obvious he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

None of his current teammates have said that. One unnamed former teammate said it

None of his current teammates have said that. One unnamed former teammate said it

I just heard that some of his teammates said that Te'o knew for a long time that this girl wasn't real. Who knows? Seems like more and more lies are coming out constantly.

I read your entire post. Well done, sir.

However, this is not a sports story.....just another soap opera that will move ACTUAL sports stories off the front page to make room for what is essentially a live-action soap opera. This was no more of a sports story than the KC player that murdered his girlfriend was a sports story................... If that was a sports story, may I assert that the score is tied at 1-1....?

Sensationalism isn't news....it's entertainment. This story has all the soap opera qualities of a Lifetime Channel movie.

The heart of this story is not about a Notre Dame LB, a made up girlfriend, or a funeral, but journalists who failed to to their homework & vet the story properly. Every person has a social security number. No number. No person. You are being lied too. There are decent journalists in this country & sadly there are lazy ones. Real common sense & genuine investigate skills seems to be a rare find these days...Sigh...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45755822/vp/50501607#50501607

I just heard that some of his teammates said that Te'o knew for a long time that this girl wasn't real. Who knows? Seems like more and more lies are coming out constantly.

No ..they said they didnt think she was really his girlfriend because the'yd never seen the 2 of them together.

Nobody had..

He got conned...it could happen to anyone..

..ask kids do they have on-line friends they've never met or have met only once..

You'd be surprised. I was.

No ..they said they didnt think she was really his girlfriend because the'yd never seen the 2 of them together.

Nobody had..

He got conned...it could happen to anyone..

..ask kids do they have on-line friends they've never met or have met only once..

You'd be surprised. I was.

When he has confessed to all his lies, you will still be saying he was a victim of an elaborate hoax.......are you worried you'll be excommunicated of something? It's not even a crime.....he's been extremely stupid, no more.

No joke. With all the thugs in the NFL, guys who beat their GFs/wives, get busted for drugs/DUIs, KILL their GFs....and yet this kid is being treated like a criminal for all this. If he was the victim, knowing a bit of his background (very religious family, sheltered, doesn't party/drink), it isn't that hard to believe those scumbags could have pulled it off. Apparently he wasn't the only one they pulled this stunt with. He is guilty of being naive and having some bad judgment, but nothing else IMO. But stop lumping him in with the true bad characters of college/NFL football. Guys get drafted every year that have much more serious character issues than making up a fake girlfriend or being duped by a hoax (whichever you believe). But I will say this, dude better have a off-the-charts combine and pro day....