Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dustin

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Anybody believe what he said?

not at all, there have been reports of him or his family saying the 2 met in person, now hes saying it never happened, and also there were accounts online using pictures of a girl not involved as his g/f, so ur telling me in the 3 years they have known each other and, lets just say they never met, he only talked on the phone and chatted with her online, no skpye which his huge these day or anything, im just not buying it, nothing is adding up

I was a Te'o "hater" draft wise, but I loved the kid as a person.

I saw this earlier. Didn't even think to post it here. Sorry ND fans.

Wait so they met at a game at Stanford, but they never met?

And he visited her in the hospital, but they never met?

He's lying either way.

Wait so they met at a game at Stanford, but they never met?

And he visited her in the hospital, but they never met?

He's lying either way.

Yeah... He is screwed

Yep, he's lying. This is a cover up. No way somebody keeps up a hoax as somebody online for years. I still think my hypotheses is correct.

and are u telling me the heisman candidate, star player for notre dame has to go looking for girls online?

Didn't believe a single thing what Te'o said about him being involved in a hoax.. smh

Edit:

And this made me laugh out loud.

Seth Meyers@sethmeyers21

These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.

"What if I told you a Heisman-candidate linebacker fooled us into thinking he could tackle? "Manti Te'o: The Lyin' Hawaiian" A new 30 for 30 film by ESPN."

:lol: Stole this from reddit. 

I want to apologize to all of the dog lovers on this site.  I have kept this in sooo soooo long. (sniff sniff) :thinking: (sniff sniff)  :Mope:  :Cry: I felt the need to tell everyone after all of this time.....I have lied.  My avatar is really a chihuahua!!!  There I said it!!!!   :reaction:

Mante Te'o may not have  :Nuke:  his career in football, but has gone a long way in  :explode:  up his combine and draft interviews......to hold in all of this info as a fictional tale tells me the young man is sick.  Yes his stock drops...can you trust him?  Someone said "I guess he will be a Raider."  I would not doubt that.....or a Jet...the circus has been in town awhile......sad story.

manti's statement

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. "To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. "It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. "I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. "In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. "Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

I have no reason to believe he is lying. I've known people who have been tricked like that...

I didn't follow Manti or Notre Dame really, just cheered for them because they're an Indiana team, but there's a lot of evidence to support Deadspin here and Manti's/Notre Dames statements have too many holes for me to believe them at the moment, not saying that this could be blown out of proportion.

But if this is true, all I can say is I hope nobody drafts this guy, playing on peoples sympathy for publicity for a fake dead girlfriend, who got into a crash that almost killed her, then got cancer that killed her, is really despicable. His family doing it for a PR stunt also makes it worse, and shamed that this person was involved in a great sport that is football.

Also this just happened

NFC Scout on Manti Te'o: "We likely will just cross him off our big board altogether."

well, well, well.....

Great leader.....          this world is crumbling....

Ha... Hitler was a great leader too.  Being a great leader doesn't make you a great guy.

Odd side note: Hitler was Time's Man of the Year in 1938.

I have no reason to believe he is lying. I've known people who have been tricked like that...

He had said multiple times he had met her in person and talked with her on the phone every night

What about the whole part about him meeting her in person?

Odd side note: Hitler was Time's Man of the Year in 1938.

Stalin was the year before.

He had said multiple times he had met her in person and talked with her on the phone every night

Well I'm not really familiar with the story. So I can't say.....

Seems hard for me to believe. Never met her in person, didn't bother to go to the funeral. Yet he was in a very involved relationship with her? I'm not buying it.

Well I'm not really familiar with the story. So I can't say.....

there are also reports saying that his father said she would visit in hawaii when he was home...

"can we even be sure Manti Te'o existed? i never saw him during the championship game" -reddit

and are u telling me the heisman candidate, star player for notre dame has to go looking for girls online?

Yeah, i don't get that.

He's not a good linebacker, anyway. He got smoked when he had to go up against NFL caliber players. I wouldn't touch him with a 39-and-a-half foot pole.

Nice Grinch reference there.  :D

If true this will be bad enough for Teo  but imagine how much more of a scandal it would be if he had actually won the Heismann?   This could be a major blow to his draft stock. 

First lance lied, now manti. Next someone is going to tell me the Amish mafia show isn't real..

Lance picked a good week to come out. It's gonna get buried.

Draft stock. |

|

|

|

\ /

Indeed. this is not good for for his draft prospects   However, the NFL has proven that talent does ultimately buy a ride on the NFL train.  Just which car (round?)

His father was even in on it, he is quoted as saying he met her....    and visited them in Hawaii on his breaks... Just a total cluster combobulation of lies....

Good Grief...   

They have been since Dec 26, that is supposedly when Teo fessed up to ND.     It must have been damage control central ever since.    No wonder dude stunk it up in the NCG.    

His pr team will be busy for awhile