Photo

Aqib Talib.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#41 dw49

dw49
  • 3846 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'll say this about Talib.....     he's played exceptionally well for the Pats....   they reportedly love him and want him back.    Fine.

But, if we decide we're now interested,  let's at least make an offer and force New England's hand to pay Talib full price.   If the Pats want to keep him, make them write a big check.

I don't mind not getting him...   but, if we're interested, then I'd like us to make a good faith bid to make things interesting....

And yes,  my hypothetical here presumes we now have interest....   I have no idea if we do,  I'm just stating a possible scenario...

You are aware that when you say "make an offer" to insure that the Pats pay , that teams cannot contact free agents until the signing period opens in a couple of months. So the Pats will have time to negotiate with Talib without him knowing for sure what his market value is. At least that is the rule , it could be that agents talk to other teams and try to get a feeling. I wouldn't think this would be the case as it would be dynamite if someone ever blew the whistle.....

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Sep
    sb41champs

My Thoughts & Prayers Go Out to the Family - Friends - & - Teammates of K Rob Bironas Following His Untimely Death !! May the Good Lord Bless Them With Wonderful Memories at this Diffiicult Time !!

View All Updates