Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib.

Dark Superman

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 17, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Superman, January 17, 2013 - off topic
Quote from Bill Belichick*...

* After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the Patriots** head coach $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for cheating.

** After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the Patriots $250,000, the largest fine ever imposed on an NFL franchise and stripped away their 1st round draft selection in the 2008 NFL draft.

What does the second part of your reply had to do with anything...

If flame war is what you want then gtho from the forums.

I'll say this about Talib.....     he's played exceptionally well for the Pats....   they reportedly love him and want him back.    Fine.

But, if we decide we're now interested,  let's at least make an offer and force New England's hand to pay Talib full price.   If the Pats want to keep him, make them write a big check.

I don't mind not getting him...   but, if we're interested, then I'd like us to make a good faith bid to make things interesting....

And yes,  my hypothetical here presumes we now have interest....   I have no idea if we do,  I'm just stating a possible scenario...

You are aware that when you say "make an offer" to insure that the Pats pay , that teams cannot contact free agents until the signing period opens in a couple of months. So the Pats will have time to negotiate with Talib without him knowing for sure what his market value is. At least that is the rule , it could be that agents talk to other teams and try to get a feeling. I wouldn't think this would be the case as it would be dynamite if someone ever blew the whistle.....

I decided that it 'had' everything to do with anything. If you don't like it, feel free to "Ignore" my posts. :)

There is no fix for stupid people lol. Example is above.

Want a tissue that the pats won more SB than anyone in the past decade? I bet it gotta be killing you inside.

Want a tissue that the pats won more SB than anyone in the past decade? I bet it gotta be killing you inside.

haha You seem to be the one upset. I'm sorry if the truth hurts. But the fact that the Patriots** have won zero Super Bowls since Spygate speaks for itself. ;)

A decade is 10 years right ? If so the above is not correct.