Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA, Moore [Merge]

coltsdan

Looks like adios....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cardinals are interviewing Colts OC Bruce Arians for their head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday night and will continue to do so on Thursday.

Arizona is treating Arians to dinner on Wednesday, and they will likely have a more business-like office sit-down once Thursday morning rolls around. With the Cardinals and Jaguars having the only head-coaching vacancies left to be filled, we'll surely have plenty of updates on the two. Arians seems to be the clear-cut favorite to land the Cardinals' job.
Related: Colts

Arians is REALLY maybe going to Arizona?

Good Lord, Bruce.......man oh man. :facepalm:

If he takes that job I almost think he just wants to be a head coach no matter what. Yeah fighting with the 49ers/Seahawks/Rams will be REALLY fun. :panic:

So much for something like "it has to be the right job for me to leave." More like "i'll take a good high school job as long as I'm head coach." Just kidding , he has every rfight to want a head coaching job but I don't think the early remark was too sincere.

So much for something like "it has to be the right job for me to leave." More like "i'll take a good high school job as long as I'm head coach." Just kidding , he has every rfight to want a head coaching job but I don't think the early remark was too sincere.

If the cardinals can score decent qb, it could be a good offense. They started 4-0 last year including beating the pats

If the cardinals can score decent qb, it could be a good offense. They started 4-0 last year including beating the pats

I know ... just having a little fun with it. I guess they could be decent but they've been pretty bad for over the past 67 years.

At this point if he wants to go to Arizona I say adios as well.......

He might not want to be here then.

He won't have Andrew Luck in Arizona though to pull off miracle comebacks.

I really think AZ just wants him to develope whatever young QB they bring in and then probably look to move on. No offense to Arians but he's the same 60 year old guy that Pitt pushed to the curb. Now all of a sudden he's great head coaching material ? Maybe ... maybe not. Also had manning and Luck to work with as you bring up... Anyway.. we move on

I really think AZ just wants him to develope whatever young QB they bring in and then probably look to move on. No offense to Arians but he's the same 60 year old guy that Pitt pushed to the curb. Now all of a sudden he's great head coaching material ? Maybe ... maybe not. Also had manning and Luck to work with as you bring up... Anyway.. we move on

It will be great to develop that young QB in Arizona when you are playing vs. the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams.

Just saying.........

So if he stays here, hes good, if he leaves he a bum. Got it.

I like BA's offense more than I did Moore's offense....fwiw.

If your options are the Cardinals road to nowhere (which is JMO keep in mind) or the Colts with a bright young star at QB then yeah.......I might agree with the bolded.

It might sound harsh but that's how I feel. So be it.

I think he might need us more then we need him for success in the coming years......

JMO

reagan mauia"Warhorse" post="392812" timestamp="1358393565"]

So if he stays here, hes good, if he leaves he a bum. Got it.

I like BA's offense more than I did Moore's offense....fwiw.

One thing is for sure. if ba takes the cards job, whisenhunt will not be his oc. So maybe pagano and grigs could land him to replace ba

God forbid he attempt to fulfill a dream by reaching the pinnacle of his profession

I thought the same thing, but now Tom moore might be coming out of retirement.. Lol Who knows

I see Whisenhunt fitting in more with Indy then Denver right now.

If Moore is available again (even if he is 112 years old) he seems more destined to head back to Manning.

Of course this all depends on if Arians takes this "dream job" in Arizona.

I'm completely against Arians being an OC, but I think he would be a great HC. He gets players to buy in and they give him everything they've got. That was clear as day in how they responded to him after Pagano went down. I think it was a little overwhelming at first, because as we seen, he made some "management" mistakes early on but got better as the season progressed.

I'm one of his biggest critics, but I believe if he gives the offense over to an OC, which I doubt, and just performs his duties as a HC I think that team will be fine.

I thought the same thing, but now Tom moore might be coming out of retirement.. Lol Who knows

Sounds like Moore can't wait to get back as someone's OC.... I'm not sure he is the right guy for the job... he might be a better fit in Denver w/ Manning.... either way it'll be great nostalgia.... Same w/ BA...

Isn't it crazy how every year a bunch of coaches switch around titles and teams, but the same old fogies always wind up with a job... at this point I wish we'd just know who our OC is already and take some of that extra work off of Grigs's plate..

Sounds like Moore can't wait to get back as someone's OC.... I'm not sure he is the right guy for the job... he might be a better fit in Denver w/ Manning.... either way it'll be great nostalgia.... Same w/ BA...

Isn't it crazy how every year a bunch of coaches switch around titles and teams, but the same old fogies always wind up with a job... at this point I wish we'd just know who our OC is already and take some of that extra work off of Grigs's plate..

I would rather have whisenhunt.

The only reason i brought up moore was because i think he might go to Denver. If he goes to Denver i think we can get whisenhunt if grigs and pagano want him

I would rather have whisenhunt.

The only reason i brought up moore was because i think he might go to Denver. If he goes to Denver i think we can get whisenhunt if grigs and pagano want him

I would not mind having Whisenhunt either. Has he interviewed with Denver yet?

Ahhhhhhhhh

Having a team rally behind him for coach pagano helped a lot too. Not saying he didn't do a good job. But we won't know how much he was actually doing. Personally I'd be glad to see him go. Lets run a offense that is more suited for lucks skill set.

It will be great to develop that young QB in Arizona when you are playing vs. the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams.

Just saying.........

This really is not a strong QB draft class either. Not even close to last year. I have no issue with Arian's pursuing his dream, but that stuff he said last week about not running off to just any job was bull manure if he takes the Zona job. He said it needed to be a place where he could win, i could see Chicago and maybe even San Diego. Arizona does not fit that description. They have a ton of work to do and are already in a tough division. It was probably the 2nd worst available job in the NFL and is no surprise it is still available.

This really is not a strong QB draft class either. Not even close to last year. I have no issue with Arian's pursuing his dream, but that stuff he said last week about not running off to just any job was bull manure if he takes the Zona job. He said it needed to be a place where he could win, i could see Chicago and maybe even San Diego. Arizona does not fit that description. They have a ton of work to do and are already in a tough division. It was probably the 2nd worst available job in the NFL and is no surprise it is still available.

Agree. I am not buying what Arians said then about just taking any job and wanting to win if he goes to the desert.......

Having a team rally behind him for coach pagano helped a lot too. Not saying he didn't do a good job. But we won't know how much he was actually doing. Personally I'd be glad to see him go. Lets run a offense that is more suited for lucks skill set.

Pagano did some work behind the scenes too every week from what I read and was always giving insight while recovering. Again, I think Arians did a really good job last year and am grateful to him. BUT, I think it was also the perfect storm too.

And we did miss him IMO for continuity reasons in the playoff game. We likely still lose even with him looking back but it does hurt a rookie QB in that situation led alone a veteran QB.

The Cardinals showed at the start of the year what they can do if they get decent QB play.  In a way it might not be a bad fit for Arians if they get a young QB for him to develop.  It would be some what like the job he had with Indy this year.  A young team that needs to live up to it's talent with a super stud WR with a rookie QB. 

The Cardinals showed at the start of the year what they can do if they get decent QB play.  In a way it might not be a bad fit for Arians if they get a young QB for him to develop.  It would be some what like the job he had with Indy this year.  A young team that needs to live up to it's talent with a super stud WR with a rookie QB. 

A lot of teams are not in their groove yet early season in any given year.... but we saw the Bills of 2011 pretty much also have a good start and then skid down again. And they also beat NE. We saw a Denver team I think in 2009 do the same thing, with a win over NE too.

I am not saying Arizona is doomed to be the worst in their division (but it does not look good with the competition there to be nothing more but third/4th right now) but I just won't be completely on board with Arian's decision if he goes there and that is how I feel.

It is up to him though so yes I do understand.  Best of luck to him if he goes there, I have nothing against the Cardinals and I appreciate what he did here.

I hope he decides soon so we can all move on one way or another though regardless.

God forbid he attempt to fulfill a dream by reaching the pinnacle of his profession

I have no problem at all with him wanting to be a head coach. But on the other hand there is nothing wrong with me chuckling about how he '"had to have a good situation" or he woud stay.  "Adios" means goodby not good riddance. 

I have no problem at all with him wanting to be a head coach. But on the other hand there is nothing wrong with me chuckling about how he '"had to have a good situation" or he woud stay.  "Adios" means goodby not good riddance. 

Your idea of a good situation may not match his.   I think he might look at the Cardinals and see a team that is a good young QB away and I am sure he is confident in his ability to groom a QB.  If that's how he feels about it he might very well like the Cardinals job. 

Personally, if I'm a looking for a head coaching job, 'Zona is not too shabby looking. The defense can play, you have one of the best WRs of his generation, a young protege for Fitz in Floyd, a fantastic looking young TE in Housler, and the 7th pick in the draft. If I'm Arians, I'd be excited to know there is a young slot receiver in Andre Roberts who very much fits the mold for the offense.

There are some worries, but no head coach should be short of confidence in their ability or scared they can't do what their previous team did. In Arians case, he'd have to invest in a line or have his QB hit as often or more than Luck. He might have to find a back, probably needs another TE, will lose sleep over finding the right words to stress how horrible that line is. 

It's not walk in the park job, but head coaching gigs are seldom open because a guy left on a high note. Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy retiring are much more rare than Dick Jauron being found inept and leaving a mess. I think Arians and every other coach on Earth understands that, and I don't think many of them are of the mold that says "I'm too unsure of myself to risk being a head coach, so I'll stay where things are already going well." I hope Arians takes the job if it's offered, and not just because I'm not the biggest fan of his offense. I think he's proven to be a fine leader of men and deserves any and all opportunities presented to him. I'm proud to say he coached the Colts during Pagano's absence and wish him nothing but the best.

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

If they can get some o line and maybe trade up (if needed) in their round 2 pick , snag Mike Glennon and BA has his young QB that fits his style, and a decent D and some outstanding O pieces.  You build a team trying to beat the best, not in fear of them, right?  And it always begins in your division, then goes from there...

Your idea of a good situation may not match his.   I think he might look at the Cardinals and see a team that is a good young QB away and I am sure he is confident in his ability to groom a QB.  If that's how he feels about it he might very well like the Cardinals job. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. First of all , as I said , I was just having a little fun with it. Secondly , some teams are just losers. Some might think that 65 years without a title means something. Others might think that Cards and Art Bidwell have just had a little run of bad luck. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. First of all , as I said , I was just having a little fun with it. Secondly , some teams are just losers. Some might think that 65 years without a title means something. Others might think that Cards and Art Bidwell have just had a little run of bad luck.

Kurt Warner had them pretty close to a title

Kurt Warner had them pretty close to a title

Yes he did and it woud have broken a streak that has been intact since 1947 , which would be around 65 years. But Bidwell has ony been owner for the last 47 years. His team has made the playoffs 5 times. Anyway , I kind of view that year a bit like the year that Seattle made it with a ehhhh.. kind of team. But I'm not really a pro scout or anything close to that , so what do I really know about AZ other than they are usually bad ? What I see when I watch them are a few nice players on defense , a great WR and nothing else that sticks out.