Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA, Moore [Merge]

coltsdan

okay so on the heels of BA possible going to AZ, i also found this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/16/moore-looking-for-oc-job-and-one-makes-too-much-sense/

i loved Moore's offense.  partly because the guy running it, but still.  but i believe he does a better job a tailoring his offense as well.  and who better to digest a "new" crazy offense than our boy Luck? 

it honestly would be to weird.  do you think that if luck and manning got in the same space, the time continuum would collpase?  just saying

Arians will have fun in Az if he takes the job. he has Fitzgerald, Floyd, and Roberts at receiver and a young QB in lindley who is going into his second season in the NFL. they have an explosive offense when ran right.

Moore wanting to return to the NFL as an offensive coordinator?? if arians leaves, then he needs to come back to indy. although that picture makes him look old as dirt lol. wouldnt mind seeing him back on the sidelines . now he was more of a throw down field type OC.

Sorry, no. What made Peyton/Moore so succesful was the consistency. They were together all those years. I'd like to find something similar for Luck. Moore isn't gonna do that job too many more years. Love the man, he is a HOF worthy OC and should be in our Ring of Honor. But I'd rather not have him back here.

I've already had this discussion last week with another poster, but personally I think it would be absolutely crazy to bring him back here and quite frankly, I think any team would be crazy to hire a soon to be 75 yr. old OC. It just doesn't make good sense. IMO Moore's offense got to be extremely stale and predictable towards the end of his career here. 

Sorry, no. What made Peyton/Moore so succesful was the consistency. They were together all those years. I'd like to find something similar for Luck. Moore isn't gonna do that job too many more years. Love the man, he is a HOF worthy OC and should be in our Ring of Honor. But I'd rather not have him back here.

I think consistency is overrated; Manning was going to be great no matter what, because he wanted to be. Tom Brady has had a hundred coordinators, and he gets better every year. The 11 years Manning had with only one coordinator are rare.

I do think it would be good to have a coordinator that's in for the long haul, if at all possible, and I think Tom Moore's ship has sailed. He'd be a good consultant for any team, but I wouldn't want to hitch my wagon to a 75 year old man for a 12 hour a day job. Maybe that's not fair, but I think it's a valid consideration.

And Jacksonville.

yeah again only Az right?? i dont think Arians would go to Jacksonville. that team is a lost cause. that is a team that needs to be on the move and start from scratch. 

but that did answer my question. i forgot they fired their coach after only 1 year there lol.... like he was suppose to make some miracle happen in one year

yeah again only Az right?? i dont think Arians would go to Jacksonville. that team is a lost cause. that is a team that needs to be on the move and start from scratch. 

but that did answer my question. i forgot they fired their coach after only 1 year there lol.... like he was suppose to make some miracle happen in one year

And Arizona is attractive for what reasons??? 3 QB rat race???

Arians is smart enough to know what he has in Luck. Plus, Irsay is the kind of owner, even if Arians has an episode of health issues again, that he will stick with him, he showed that with Pagano.

Arians knows that with Pagano who believed in him and an owner and GM that believes in them both, this is the best place for him to stay.

Arians is smart enough to know what he has in Luck. Plus, Irsay is the kind of owner, even if Arians has an episode of health issues again, that he will stick with him, he showed that with Pagano.

Arians knows that with Pagano who believed in him and an owner and GM that believes in them both, this is the best place for him to stay.

The defense is decent and the recievers are good. If mangement were to tell him getting a QB (see: Matt Flynn) was the top priority, I think he would be interested.

Not if he wants to be a head coach.

Touche.

However, I think the Jags made the right moves this offseason. They've been a mess in recent years because they've been stuck in a coaching rut, they had a GM who was struggling to add talent, and they had a spendthrift owner. They have a new owner who is trying to pull them out of the gutter. I don't think it's as bad of a job as it would have been two years ago, but I don't think it's the job Arians had in mind a couple weeks ago when he mentioned "the right situation."

I agree - if he goes to AZ its not because its the "perfect fit" - that perfect fit seems to be here in Indy! I do think though that AZ is the only place left that I could see him going, but heck who knows what "BAs perfect fit is aside from him? ;)

I agree - if he goes to AZ its not because its the "perfect fit" - that perfect fit seems to be here in Indy! I do think though that AZ is the only place left that I could see him going, but heck who knows what "BAs perfect fit is aside from him? ;)

He's not the head coach in Indy.

The only way IMO Arains gets the AZ job is if they plan on taking Smith or Barkley with their 1st round pick. Both would be reaches but they cannot go with the guys they have on their roster now. Thus they could figure to go with Arains as he has experience with rookie QB's. Otherwise I think they would hire someone like Gruden , who woud appear to be a sexier hire than the 60 year old Arains. 

I dont think Arians would go to Jacksonville. that team is a lost cause. that is a team that needs to be on the move and start from scratch.

That is true but that is not why B.A. wouldn't go to the Jaguars. He wouldn't do it because he does not want to face Andrew Luck for six games (because three years is all he'd last if he did).

Saw this article. If Arians gets a head coaching job. Would Moore want to come back to the Colts now that BP is gone? I remember Luck working out with Moore, and he had nothing but great things to say about Luck. 74 yr old Moore and a very young offense. What do you guys think?...http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849638/tom-moore-74-leaves-tennessee-titans-wants-o-coordinator-again

arizona has a good group of WR's. and Kolb really wasnt that bad he just couldnt stay healthy. not to mention they could always either 1) trade for a QB like Matt Flynn, Michael Vick (but the falcons will prob not trade him now that they got chip kelly), possibly even grab Alex Smith (which he will prob be expensive to get since it would be within the division.) and that is saying if the niners dont release him.  and if for some odd reason the ravens decide to go a different direction and not resign flacco, then that leaves another QB that is available. there is QB's out there for arizona to get. and if they want to keep fitzgerald their going to have to grab one. and im sure that will be one of the questions that Arians asks...is who will be under center come training camp.

That is true but that is not why B.A. wouldn't go to the Jaguars. He wouldn't do it because he does not want to face Andrew Luck for six games (because three years is all he'd last if he did).

unless our defense improves, i would not be surprised if what happened in indy this year happens a couple more times especially if arians is coach.

Sounds callous considering what he did for us, but I don't want him to turn Luck in to Peyton 1.2.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Sounding like Arians will still be here next year after the pair of hires within the last 24 hours. I'm happy with Arians.

The only way IMO Arains gets the AZ job is if they plan on taking Smith or Barkley with their 1st round pick. Both would be reaches but they cannot go with the guys they have on their roster now. Thus they could figure to go with Arains as he has experience with rookie QB's. Otherwise I think they would hire someone like Gruden , who woud appear to be a sexier hire than the 60 year old Arains. 

honestly i wouldnt go with either one of those guys. i would go with tyler wilson from arkansas or landry jones from oklahoma. USC is gaining reputation for QB's in the NFL and its not a good one, and Geno Smith  wont even make it out of the first pick. i thinkn KC will take him. or they could hope for a redskins and seahawk type of luck and wait until the 3rd or 4th round and draft colin klein lol and hope he pans out just like Wilson did all year or cousins did in the one game he started and two games he replaced RG3 in.

The defense is decent and the recievers are good. If mangement were to tell him getting a QB (see: Matt Flynn) was the top priority, I think he would be interested.

exactly....some people are forgetting guys like Matt Flynn, Alex Smith possibly even Vick could very well be traded come march/april to try to get draft picks. and there is even that next to nothing chance that baltimore doesnt resign flacco (really dont see that happening though) plus they could always draft someone like tyler wilson,landry jones, colin klein, or risk taking Geno Smith (if he doesnt get picked by Jax or KC first) or Barkley.

They are saying Ken Whisenhunt is more likely to sign with Denver as their new OC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/16/whisenhunt-may-be-headed-to-denver-as-offensive-coordinator/

Not if Peyton tells Elway he wants Tom Moore.  I think Moore is eyeing that position.  Denver is running out of time with Peyton so they better go all out and get him what he needs to be successful there.

I wouldn't mind if Arians stayed but if he bolts for Arizona, Whisenhunt would be a pretty good pick up.   

Better than those two, and even better for BA and his scheme- Mike Glennon.  For real.

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/15/mike-glennon-scouting-report/

He successfully took over for Russell Wilson when he Bolted to the Badgers.