Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson Video on Upcoming Off-Season....

NewColtsFan

Grigson has serious issues to make Colts SB contenders (well we know it anyway):

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-gm-ready-chase-free-105947682--nfl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nice find....     here's the quote that jumps out at me.....

''I don't have to rub two nickels together to find a key position. Now, if there's something that I really want that I feel is going to get us over the hump in a certain area, I could at least take a crack at him,'' Grigson told a small group of reporters Tuesday at the team complex. ''I feel almost in a sense like I don't want to go after a name just because that's easy. There's guys out there, that to me, that if you really scout this league and you really know this league, you can find guys that are under the radar that are right under people's noses, just because you dig a little harder and you have a better feel for some guys than the next team does.''

Just dig,  Ryan....   just dig, dig, dig!

''I don't have to rub two nickels together to find a key position. Now, if there's something that I really want that I feel is going to get us over the hump in a certain area, I could at least take a crack at him,'' Grigson told a small group of reporters Tuesday at the team complex. ''I feel almost in a sense like I don't want to go after a name just because that's easy. There's guys out there, that to me, that if you really scout this league and you really know this league, you can find guys that are under the radar that are right under people's noses, just because you dig a little harder and you have a better feel for some guys than the next team does.''

Yeah, the guy knows what to do. He must already have list of names, I'm sure of that.

An ESPN article on Grigson: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849016/ryan-grigson-indianapolis-colts-cap-space-fill-major-needs

"I don't have to rub two nickels together to find a key position. Now, if there's something that I really want that I feel is going to get us over the hump in a certain area, I could at least take a crack at him," Grigson told a small group of reporters Tuesday at the team complex.

"I feel almost in a sense like I don't want to go after a name just because that's easy. There's guys out there, that to me, that if you really scout this league and you really know this league, you can find guys that are under the radar that are right under people's noses, just because you dig a little harder and you have a better feel for some guys than the next team does."

l.jpg

We're in good hands.

I just linked and quoted that same portion. Hadn't seen your post yet, but I agree.

What's so awesome is that he's already shown the ability to find talent, but now he has even more resources.

What's wrong with Edelman other than the Pats will resign him? He'd be on the cheap side(why the Pats will resign) and he'd fill the role of possession receiver nicely and also add he's a great ST player as well. Yeah those are attributes football teams aren't interested in.

Should we just be interested in superstars or something?

What's wrong with Edelman other than the Pats will resign him? He'd be on the cheap side(why the Pats will resign) and he'd fill the role of possession receiver nicely and also add he's a great ST player as well. Yeah those are attributes football teams aren't interested in.

I don't have a problem with Edelman, but he's not the kind of player I'd target in free agency. We have several players under contract at that position that can do what he does, if not more. And this kind of player is available late in the draft and in collegiate free agency every year.

No i saw it but i just feel people want to throw money at a punter with a beautiful personality. I think his greatest contribution to us is on kickoffs and unlike his 1st year returners are given a chance. Seldom do i see this "Boomstick" they keep referring to anymore
You've got to be kidding me. He is one of the best punters in the game, and a true weapon. He can also make a tackle, unlike most other punters. To lose him would hurt.

EXACTLY!I swear if some of these guys' were our GM(THANK GOD...THEY'RE NOT),the entire cap would've been blown on 2 over priced guys before midnight on opening day of free agency.I would be thrilled,if we added either edelman or woodhead!I see him being an upgrade over collie(maybe even avery).We could easily slide hilton(brazill as back-up) outside,while sticking julian(with whalen as back-up). in the slot.I think that's a heck of a core!

I don't have a problem with Edelman, but he's not the kind of player I'd target in free agency. We have several players under contract at that position that can do what he does, if not more. And this kind of player is available late in the draft and in collegiate free agency every year.

Seems kinda rare for a player to play all 3 phases too me and are you sure we have enough possession receivers? Wayne is that and then some but other than that we have Collie who's future here is somewhat questionable.

Seems kinda rare for a player to play all 3 phases too me and are you sure we have enough possession receivers? Wayne is that and then some but other than that we have Collie who's future here is somewhat questionable.

I agree.I keep hearing people talk about all of these great possession receivers we have.Exactly whom are they refering?I think collie and avery both are huge question marks(i don't even think either are currently under contract).We don't have a guy to keep the chains moving,other than wayne(not including TE'S).I think both edelman and woodhead would certainly fill this type of role.I fact,i'm in favor of bringing 'white' back for a tryout,if his back is fully healed.

EXACTLY!I swear if some of these guys' were our GM(THANK GOD...THEY'RE NOT),the entire cap would've been blown on 2 over priced guys before midnight on opening day of free agency.I would be thrilled,if we added either edelman or woodhead!I see him being an upgrade over collie(maybe even avery).We could easily slide hilton(brazill as back-up) outside,while sticking julian(with whalen as back-up). in the slot.I think that's a heck of a core!

Im sorry but thats funny coming from somebody that thinks we should sign Woodhead and Edelman. If it were up to many here, we would have a roster full of WR's playing out of position. It needs to be recognized that neither guy is a need or arguably even an upgrade. We all have our personal opinions about certain players, but that does not mean we need those players.

Im obviously not a GM and neither is anybody else here, but it should be very noticeable to even a novice fan that O-line is without doubt the biggest weakness on the team and that is where the majority of the FA money should be spent. If after we upgrade the o-line and a few positions on defense, the Colts then decide to upgrade a WR position or the RB position, that is understandable, But I can assure you that they will not just go out and sign guys that are basically just like guys we already have on the roster.

Very rare for him to show such versatility, but that's something that Belichick has always been able to find/develop. If we were to sign him, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have him playing defense. He'd be a receiver and a returner.

I think we have enough possession receivers, and even more prospects. Not necessarily with the experience of Edelman, but very promising. And players who can do what Edelman does on offense are available in the offseason. We have Griff Whalen under contract. We had Jeremy Ross in camp as a free agent, and I think he was good enough to make the roster. I would have kept him instead of Kris Adams. Heck, I don't see what's better about Edelman than Blair White, as a possession receiver; he's still available.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to Edelman. I just wouldn't target him. I'm not sure I'd want to make room on the final roster for him over a guy like Brazill, and I think players of his caliber will be available late in the draft and in collegiate free agency. If his agent called, I'd entertain it, but I'd be upfront about how I feel about his chances here.