Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 qb class

is this the worst qb class to come out? ive been looking at a couple of mock drafts and ive seen qbs sometimes not even in the first round and if there is its only one geno smith. barkely has completely fallen off it seems.

I think it's clearly the worst since '96th when the first QB taken was Tony Banks of Michigan State at #42 by St. Louis.

I think those predicting the Chiefs to take Geno Smith simply because they need a QB and they have the first pick don't fully understand how the draft works.

Is it possible it could happen?    Sure, anything is possible.   But I think the chances of it happening are incredibly small.   Hard to believe Andy Reid and John Dorsey (new GM) would make such a mistake.   In fact, Dorsey just came out and said as much in the last 24 hours.

Besides....   hasn't anyone noticed the success of guys NOT drafted in the first round recently?

Kaepernick,  Dalton,  Wilson??    How are those guys doing?

I think we're all spoiled by last year's class.

I really like Tyler Wilson, and Geno Smith will be successful if he goes to KC.

A few surprises will inevitably pop up.

Dysert has a rocket arm and the best deep ball in the class.

Glennon has a big arm and lots of potential, same with Nassib.

Yeah, we're spoiled coming off of the best QB prospect since Elway and RG3, RW, Tannehill, and even Weeden.

I still dont see why so many think Tannehill did so good, he found the end zone 12 times through the air all season long and for a QB that likes to run only found it twice with his feet, massive overdraft by the Dolphins do to being desperate in my opinion, Tannehill may improve but I see his ceiling be along the lines of Jeff Garcia with Tannehill being the less passing savvy of the two, can run some and throw some but will need alot of talent around him to succeed even the slightest bit

2 or 3 will go fast, too many teams need one.     They will reach for one, someone always does.

It just takes ONE team to fall in love with a guy      

Last season Luck was the ONLY true blue chip QB going into the 11 season.     RG3 blew up during the year, and blew every one away during the workout process.   He was projected as a WR prior to the start of the 11 season.

Tannyhill, Weedon, all picked way ahead of their "rating"....    Ponder the year before..

And if NFL GM's are so smart how does a Russell Wilson go in the 3rd round?   To a team that forked out BIG $$ on a FA QB?

It's a crap shoot....   and teams will gamble.

I think that the not-so-great QB class might work in our favor if a team is willing to trade up to get a 2nd first rounder in order to get their guy... it might not be the likeliest scenario, but the Cards or Eagles might want to get a 2nd crack at Smith or someone before KC picks in the 2nd...