Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Lucks' arms/upperbody too large?

ADayWithoutRain

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psssh, Idris Elba is all the rage. Have you seen his biceps? :applause:  haha

This is one giant man, and one small leap for mankind, er I mean...

One small leap for mankind, and one giant step for man, hmm... :Nuke:

Ok lets try this again.

One huge mankind leap, for one small man. :facepalm:

One very big small step for mankind, one small big leap for man. :facepalm:

ok I think I got it here.

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

:cheer2:

A quoting from the great, Mickey Mantle I think it was.

Its a legitimate question, I remember an announcer during a game Tebow was playing brought up his size in reference to his throwing motion and accuracy.

Personally I dont think that has any bearing on Lucks ability to be accurate or not but I think its a combination of things

1.O Line was just trash this year way more often then not

2.His throwing motion is a completely loose arm like its made of spaghetti, he appears to bring his shoulder back along with the rest of his arm and put his whole body into the throw but on the follow through he appears to release his elbow straightening his whole arm out which may cause the ball to sail on him high at times-In other other words-Long wind up contributes to his sailing of passes sometimes

3.He was rarely allowed to set his feet in the pocket

4.Had a tendency to hold the ball to long even when under alot of pressure, meaning he thought to much sometimes and tried to make the perfect throw every time, that may have contributed slightly as well

Thank you!Yes,that's basically what i'm refering to.What you stated is spot on,and i share the same feeling.

I have to agree he's just jacked. I don't think he's pudgy or anything like Hamburger for the Steelers. Lucks mechanics are fine, he was great in college and its not like he took a bunch of HGH and gained a ton of muscle mass since his last year, when transitioning to the NFL. Much of it has to do with pressure, lack of running game and the scheme faced with the fact that he was a rookie. I still thought he played exceptional however and there was an article stating how much better/accurate his throws were when he has time to plant correctly. That throw to Hilton in the Texans game was perfection at its finest so he can throw the ball up there with the best of them. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I wouldn't look to much into people nit picking on your post. People always do that.

I get criticized because I poop my pants too much!!!!!! I pooped mah pants.

Yeah,you're right.Thanks.

The hamburger comment made me die with laughter!LOL!

Andrew Luck is built like an OX.  It's a good thing.  It's why he can take a hit and get back up (and that's not a shot at RG3) and it's part of the reason why he was the top overall pick.  If you were going to draw a QB up in a lab in terms of just physical talent other than maybe his arm you would come up with something very close to Andrew Luck.  He is super smart, he can run if needed, and he's built to take a hit. 

I have to agree he's just jacked. I don't think he's pudgy or anything like Hamburger for the Steelers. Lucks mechanics are fine, he was great in college and its not like he took a bunch of HGH and gained a ton of muscle mass since his last year, when transitioning to the NFL. Much of it has to do with pressure, lack of running game and the scheme faced with the fact that he was a rookie. I still thought he played exceptional however and there was an article stating how much better/accurate his throws were when he has time to plant correctly. That throw to Hilton in the Texans game was perfection at its finest so he can throw the ball up there with the best of them. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I wouldn't look to much into people nit picking on your post. People always do that.

I get criticized because I poop my pants too much!!!!!! I pooped mah pants.

Nothing worse than the south side of a Malakai going north.....my daddy used to say..... :thmup:

59b46df2339f61fd02ce86cb2eb64fd3.png

This is a concern,since he couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn most of the year(54%).He has a similiar build to tebow/quinn and he's getting bigger(so it seems).It influences mechanics...period.

Couldnt hit the broadside of a barn?

Hard to complete 70% when youre throwing deep intermediate routes 80% of the time and running from D-lineman half the time dropping back.

Quinn and Tebow are just bros who lift to look good in tight T-shirts.

I'm just sayin it....Tebow will be the first NFL player to............it's kinda obvious and I cannot fathom why people aren't more attuned to his ....*ahem.....lifestyle choice.

I'm just sayin it....Tebow will be the first NFL player to............it's kinda obvious and I cannot fathom why people aren't more attuned to his ....*ahem.....lifestyle choice.

Look up Erin Drewes, Camilla Belle, and Dianna Agron. And that's only if I think you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say.

Look up Erin Drewes, Camilla Belle, and Dianna Agron. And that's only if I think you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say.

You aren't really that naive, are you?

You ever hear an expression "keeping up impressions"? 

Surrounding himself with beautiful woman doesn't take away from the obvious. ...and yes....I'm sayin what you think I'm sayin. I 'm not sayin it's a bad thing....but one has to wonder how 100,000 people have played in the NFL and nobody has ever come out while playing? Only 3 post retirement that I know of. 

The NFL is pure machismo......so such an announcement would be shocking to the culture. People have been documented having lived their entire lives as a lie because they cannot face the humiliation of coming out. 

Surrounding himself with beautiful woman doesn't take away from the obvious. ...and yes....I'm sayin what you think I'm sayin. I 'm not sayin it's a bad thing....but one has to wonder how 100,000 people have played in the NFL and nobody has ever come out while playing? Only 3 post retirement that I know of. 

The NFL is pure machismo......so such an announcement would be shocking to the culture. People have been documented having lived their entire lives as a lie because they cannot face the humiliation of coming out. 

I think that it is obvious that Tim Tebow is a fair minded, soft spoken, devout Christian who also happens to be a virgin. Compared to the other NFL players it would appear that he is that way but I don't think so. If he was the guy is obviously comfortable enough with himself to come out about it, and I think he would have done so long ago, back when he was at the height of his popularity with the Gators. He would've been and still would be widely accepted because of his status. I don't get the vibe from him at all, he actually reminds me of myself sometimes, and I have had at least one person assume the same of me as well, which would be the furthest from the truth. Anywho...let's get back on topic hahaha.

I get the feeling that alot of you guys' are secretly kinda' hoping for this.I will quote tiny tim:..."tiptoe through the tulips with me".

I think that it is obvious that Tim Tebow is a fair minded, soft spoken, devout Christian who also happens to be a virgin. Compared to the other NFL players it would appear that he is that way but I don't think so. If he was the guy is obviously comfortable enough with himself to come out about it, and I think he would have done so long ago, back when he was at the height of his popularity with the Gators. He would've been and still would be widely accepted because of his status. I don't get the vibe from him at all, he actually reminds me of myself sometimes, and I have had at least one person assume the same of me as well, which would be the furthest from the truth. Anywho...let's get back on topic hahaha.

Yes.

Just because a guy isn't always with a girl, and having relations, doesn't make him gay. I know quite a few of my sorority sisters are virgins, and are waiting until marriage. A few of them are actually engaged now. Two of them are very strong Christians, much like Tebow. Just because people make choices doesn't mean they are trying to hide things.

I'd say he isn't big enough. He need to get to 237. I for one think Luck looks small and skinny

Ok, I don't know if your joking or not, but I always thought Luck looked small to me.  I was shocked when they said is was 6-4, 235.  I thought he was more like 6-2.