Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Lucks' arms/upperbody too large?

ADayWithoutRain

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my wording was over zealous.They aren't must have,but would like to have type players.I think edelman(special team/wr/rb/cb) contributes alot more than collie could.Its true that audie didn't play this year,but it doesn't take away from his massive potential that he's demonstrated.

P.S.Let's not forget manning's incident with the young lady in the vols locker room.Two sides to a story.

Not sure what manning has to do with Edleman's general dooshyness...but whatever

To the OP, I think lack of experience and constant pressure have more to do with inaccuracy. No QB can throw accurate ball when running for his life (still Luck did it a few times). When he had time he could throw the ball even behind triple coverage (see T.Y:'s 70 yd TD against Texans).

If O-line's pass-defense will improve, his accuracy will soar drastically.

That is a great point HCF!!!  My only thing with this is Andrew Luck is more accurate throwing on the run.  Sometimes I think he gets caught up in mechanics in the pocket and aims the ball like a little league pitcher.  He WILL overcome this IMO.

In the meantime Andrew, we will give you a steady diet/playbook of designed roll-outs with a splash of no huddle and very limited weight training.....Griff is back next year!!!  No lifting the Griff-Meister!! Don't be  :bossy:   signed  :lecture:   :)

I was referring to Edleman's general on field behavior....which comes across as dooshy. Other than getting drunk I don't know anything about him away from the field.

And if you're are going to link don't send me to a message board

I was referring to Edleman's general on field behavior....which comes across as dooshy. Other than getting drunk I don't know anything about him away from the field.And if you're are going to link don't send me to a message board

He was charged with some kind of sexual assault last year. The charges were dropped though

My high school basketball coach wouldn't let us lift weights during the season because it would throw our shot off. 

The best arm in our school was a pitcher and his father wouldn't let him play football because he didn't want him to get hurt and lose his scholarship.  He never lifted a weight in his life but could easily outhrow our muscled up QB.  I think weights have a minimal effect on the arm strength.  It has more to do with ligaments and tendons.  Now, if your biceps are so big that you can't touch your shoulder, then that would affect accuracy.

My high school basketball coach wouldn't let us lift weights during the season because it would throw our shot off.

The best arm in our school was a pitcher and his father wouldn't let him play football because he didn't want him to get hurt and lose his scholarship. He never lifted a weight in his life but could easily outhrow our muscled up QB. I think weights have a minimal effect on the arm strength. It has more to do with ligaments and tendons. Now, if your biceps are so big that you can't touch your shoulder, then that would affect accuracy.

Exactly! When I used to pound the iron regularly I was benching 345, my arms were 18". I couldn't throw a football far to save my life. Now on the other hand I knew a guy who was as scrawny as can be and never worked out in his life could throw a damn snowball 4 houses down the street. Was crazy!

Exactly! When I used to pound the iron regularly I was benching 345, my arms were 18". I couldn't throw a football far to save my life. Now on the other hand I knew a guy who was as scrawny as can be and never worked out in his life could throw a damn snowball 4 houses down the street. Was crazy!

Yeah, this pitcher was the skinniest guy ever.  Here is what surprised me.  One day, 6th period, the track team was working out and the shot putter was throwing on the field.  He was about 6' 250 lbs.  This skinny pitcher walked by him and said let me throw that thing.  He heaved it farther than our shot putter.  It was crazy.  

Yeah, this pitcher was the skinniest guy ever. Here is what surprised me. One day, 6th period, the track team was working out and the shot putter was throwing on the field. He was about 6' 250 lbs. This skinny pitcher walked by him and said let me throw that thing. He heaved it farther than our shot putter. It was crazy.

Lol I believe it, it's crazy. My buddy was like that kid who fell and broke his arm in the movie. Then all of a sudden he was a MLB pitcher, lol. Had that weird arm like that.

Its a legitimate question, I remember an announcer during a game Tebow was playing brought up his size in reference to his throwing motion and accuracy.

Personally I dont think that has any bearing on Lucks ability to be accurate or not but I think its a combination of things

1.O Line was just trash this year way more often then not

2.His throwing motion is a completely loose arm like its made of spaghetti, he appears to bring his shoulder back along with the rest of his arm and put his whole body into the throw but on the follow through he appears to release his elbow straightening his whole arm out which may cause the ball to sail on him high at times-In other other words-Long wind up contributes to his sailing of passes sometimes

3.He was rarely allowed to set his feet in the pocket

4.Had a tendency to hold the ball to long even when under alot of pressure, meaning he thought to much sometimes and tried to make the perfect throw every time, that may have contributed slightly as well

Of course i'm serious.I didn't know it was considered an "off-the-wall" concern.
I have to agree he's just jacked. I don't think he's pudgy or anything like Hamburger for the Steelers. Lucks mechanics are fine, he was great in college and its not like he took a bunch of HGH and gained a ton of muscle mass since his last year, when transitioning to the NFL. Much of it has to do with pressure, lack of running game and the scheme faced with the fact that he was a rookie. I still thought he played exceptional however and there was an article stating how much better/accurate his throws were when he has time to plant correctly. That throw to Hilton in the Texans game was perfection at its finest so he can throw the ball up there with the best of them. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I wouldn't look to much into people nit picking on your post. People always do that.

I get criticized because I poop my pants too much!!!!!! I pooped mah pants.