Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA could be back

bobourret

Wow I would have put money on him being named the Chargers HC, and McCoy being named Cardinals head coach. Lets hope he doesn't get the gig in Chicago. For everyone else lets hope he gets the Chicago gig. I'm equal opportunity.

Are Eagles top candidate for BA??

I wouldn't see why not, he likes the vertical passing game and the Eagles still have one of the fastest offenses in the league.

Just turns out their offensive line was even worse than ours.

They are a good offensive line from being a top 5 offense. Oh, and a more down to earth DeSean Jackson would help them a lot.

I wouldn't see why not, he likes the vertical passing game and the Eagles still have one of the fastest offenses in the league.

Just turns out their offensive line was even worse than ours.

They are a good offensive line from being a top 5 offense. Oh, and a more down to earth DeSean Jackson would help them a lot.

I still belive or feel (but don't know for sure), he wouldn't pick Eagles.

According to NFL.com:

"Arians was supposed to interview with the Eagles, but reportedly no meeting has been scheduled ..."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120834/article/nfl-headcoaching-search-tracker

Seems like Bears are the only possibility if BA would go.

Yeah, I would have put money on BA being the favorite for the Chargers and Chargers being BA's preferred job with Telesco being there. He's got to feel slightly back handed by that. Bears are the only team left in the running and most of what I've heard is that Trestman is the favorite. I want BA back, but I didn't think he would get snubbed. He deserves to be a head coach in this league.

according to the eagles website, Gus Bradley is being interviewed a second time later today  for their HC job. so there is a good chance that the HC job is no longer available.

Az is interested in Jay Gruden and have already interviewed him (according to their website)

sorry i would post the links but some reason it wont let me. its on their websites.

I'm not as shocked he didn't end up in Sand Diego there was an article in NFL rumors that i believe OC for Seattle and a CFL coach are the top two candidates for Chicago.  I don't see him going anywhere there isn't a place where he can go develop and good young qb like he has done in the past it seems he enjoying doing that.  Philly would be the only place close to that with Nick Foles because there is no way they pay Vick all that money. There is always a chance for a big surprise, but i just dont see it happening. 

You could tell Luck missed Arians' voice. After the Baltimore playoff game, he not so subtly did state that of course we are going to miss a guy like Bruce but it is always next man up. Next man up is fine with players, never sold on that philosophy for coaches, not before a big game.

Irsay should just up Arians' pay and give him a contract extension. I am sure he has already had a conversation with Bruce about it, I would be shocked if he did not offer him something more prior to these coaching searches. Irsay always takes care of his own.

Is it possible they got the vibe that he was still a bit hung up on not wanting to leave Indy and Luck after where they got this season?

Just my hunch ..... Arians has stated that he wouldn't want a job that didn't allow him to call offensive plays. I wonder if that's a pitfall for BA in his HC ambitions.

Good thread....   good info....

It appears it's the Bears or stay with Indy for BA.

I'm not shocked he didn't get the San Diego job....    but I ***am*** surprised he didn't at least get an interview...   and that's what it appears, though I could be wrong.    I would've thought San Diego at least would interview BA before making their decision.   So, maybe he did interview....  (I think I just talked myself into a circle!)  

Chicago scares me for BA.    Not a fan of the organization.    I think their number one goal is....   making money.   They want to win just enough to make money.    That may not be fair, but that's what it has often appeared to me.

And I'm ***so*** not a fan of Jay Cutler.    Million dollar talent....  10 cent head.    I would never want him to lead my team.  I think he's a coach-killer....     Not.   A.    Fan.     :yuk:    :thmdown:

Clayton just said Mark Trestman is the favorite for the Bears gig. (he was the Colts 2nd choice last season) per Mort.

3 finalists, Trestman, Bevell (former Wisky QB, and Sea OC), and BA.

I think BA is back with Indy.    I think his illness made some teams cool on him.

Just my hunch ..... Arians has stated that he wouldn't want a job that didn't allow him to call offensive plays. I wonder if that's a pitfall for BA in his HC ambitions.

Well in my opinion you may have hit on something there if that is the way he feels because that's what a team hires a OC is to call the offensive plays. If he truly feels that way then he may as well just stay an OC where he's at. :) It's hard to say how all this will play out. ;)

Clayton just said Mark Trestman is the favorite for the Bears gig. (he was the Colts 2nd choice last season) per Mort.

3 finalists, Trestman, Bevell (former Wisky QB, and Sea OC), and BA.

I think BA is back with Indy.    I think his illness made some teams cool on him.

I think his age and like some have suggested the fact he probably wanted to call his own plays played a bigger factor.  It could also just be teams just didn't think he was as good as the others who they interviewed.

If we have another good season next year I would expect us to go threw this again with Arians if the Bears don't hire him. 

I want to keep BA for continuity reasons, but I would not mind having Marc Trestman come from the CFL to be our OC, if it were possible. The guy is kind of a wet blanket, but his schemes are really intriguing ( lots of slants, pick type plays and middle of the field intermediate throws to set up deep routes). He has a great offensive pass-heavy mind.

Trestman has a history of taking QBs to the next level, having worked with Steve Young (who loves the guy btw) and Rich Gannon (when the Raiders made their SB run).

One of the knocks on Trestman is that he over-thinks and makes his scheme too difficult for players to fully understand. This would not be an issue for our QB, but the team as a whole might not respond well to it. Another reason why we might not want him as our OC is that he clearly wants to be an NFL HC and if he had any success with us, he would jump at the first opportunity that came his way. I would consider being an OC in the NFL an upgrade over coaching the Alouettes (sounds like a Motown group comprised of Felipe, Matty, Jesus, and Moises Alou.... think it means "chickens"...  I digress...) in the CFL, but who knows?

Anyway, I hope that BA stays, but I am thinking of his possible replacements and Norv is such a sad sack...

I still belive or feel (but don't know for sure), he wouldn't pick Eagles.

According to NFL.com:

"Arians was supposed to interview with the Eagles, but reportedly no meeting has been scheduled ..."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120834/article/nfl-headcoaching-search-tracker

Seems like Bears are the only possibility if BA would go.

The Eagles, to me, would make the most sense for BA and his offensive system. 

If I was BA, I wouldn't touch the Bears. Cutler is not the nicest person to work with, also Brandon Marshall is another person that provides for a toxic locker room.

Either that or he's worse at interviewing than Will Ferrell in 'Step Brothers'.

Having read some of his interviews, that's a very real possibility. The guy does put his foot in his mouth a lot. The players love him because he doesn't hold back, but that's also a turnoff to GM's and managers. I could see him saying something stupid or inappropriate in an interview

I have more faith in him coming back now that the Chargers head coaching position has been filled by Mccoy. He made mention more than once that the situation would have to be perfect, and specifically about a great relationship between head coach and gm. I couldn't think of a more perfect situation then somebody you just spent an entire year working with. If he didn't wind up in SD with Telesco(perfect situation), then I now see him coming back to the Colts.

???  Are we talking about Lane Kiffin or Bruce Arians?

I don't get that comment.    

Having read some of his interviews, that's a very real possibility. The guy does put his foot in his mouth a lot. The players love him because he doesn't hold back, but that's also a turnoff to GM's and managers. I could see him saying something stupid or inappropriate in an interview

I wint feel comfortable he is coming back until Chicago announces their new coach.

Here's even more evidence that it's getting more likely he'll be back in Indy.

Bears | Marc Trestman the favorite for HC Tue Jan 15, 01:13 PM

Montreal Alouettes head coach Marc Trestman is the heavy favorite to be named the next head coach of the Chicago Bears.

Link to story

https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/290990395528192000

Ok, can anyone sum up the remaining possibilities for BA? I'm so confused now.

eagles but they have been dragging their feet to talk to him. Cardinals just asked permission to interview him. The jags job is open but to this point they have shown no interest in BA but they also got a late start in looking for a coach.

The Eagles, to me, would make the most sense for BA and his offensive system. 

If I was BA, I wouldn't touch the Bears. Cutler is not the nicest person to work with, also Brandon Marshall is another person that provides for a toxic locker room.

Perhaps, but management in Philadelphia changed it's mind.

I don't get the situation in Chicago...that trash in the locker room may have caused Bears' missing a PO berth. A strong coach is needed over there to put things to their right place. Good luck Mr. Trustman!!!