Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning's legacy is a done deal now - Greatest only in regular season

tonychen

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is a #12 thing, if so I hope Luck becomes more Brady then Manning in the coming years.

Yeah I said it. I SAID IT.

I would rather have Brady then Manning. So shoot me. Throw me cyber glares. I don't care.

I started to realize this last year too. You have to be kidding me, this is getting embarrassing at times with the Pats/Brady envy over the years. I think I am guilty of it myself in the past. Sure sometimes I still pick on Brady's hair and clothes but so what, he can look ridiculous. But, he is a smooth freaking operator in big games and seems to inspire his teams to play better then Manning does.

Yeah I used to be one of them. I used to say Manning was better too or the best. But, you know what? It was almost like I was programmed to think that way. Like I was stolen in the middle of the night and brainwashed by a clinic to think this way.

For years we would mumble like zombies, "Team sport. Manning is the best. Brady has the system. Team sport. Manning is the best. Brady has the system."

It's over. It is nearly flipping over. Another pick by Manning in the worst spot and this time he had help. 2 special teams TDs and I read alllll year on this forum his D was amazing and would tear Brady apart. Oh and John Elway is a tool, sorry but he is. He used to look so upset in his eyes when Tebow won games as if he was a leper that somehow found his way on his team and with the more wins they got with him the harder it would be to dump the kid.

Sick of it. If you are the best ever SHOW ME YOU ARE THE BEST EVER. Not with words BUT WITH ACTIONS. Show me don't tell me. I want to see big mother historical wins and moments. Not hear excuses. I want to see it.

Blah blah blah look at stats. If we go by stats then we can throw our 11 wins out the window last year too since our stats sometimes sucked.

Manning is going to the HOF and still that is not good enough for some. We have been programmed to want him to be THE BEST. We have Luck now who looked like a stud last year and people are still fawning over every move the Broncos make. Heck this past year the Broncos could sign someone to the practice squad and we have an analysis here.

I loved Peyton's time with the Colts but it's OVER. This past year we would you know upset the Packers being down 21-3 and people would be like "Oh, nice win. Good for the team." Then some of the same posters would seem to be cyber screaming in glee if Manning threw a TD vs. the Chiefs. No joke, last year when the Broncos beat the Chiefs in KC I saw a headline that said, "Manning leads gutsy win over hungry Chiefs in Kansas City." You kidding me with this crap? No wonder so many fans of other teams have hated us over the years. We have been so annoying and obnoxious with the Peyton thing my God.......

Right On...    :td:

Maybe it is a #12 thing, if so I hope Luck becomes more Brady then Manning in the coming years.

I would rather have Brady then Manning. So shoot me. Throw me cyber glares. I don't care.

I started to realize this last year too. You have to be kidding me, this is getting embarrassing at times with the Pats/Brady envy over the years. I think I am guilty of it myself in the past. Sure sometimes I still pick on Brady's hair and clothes but so what, he can look ridiculous. But, he is a smooth freaking operator in big games and seems to inspire his teams to play better then Manning does.

Yeah I used to be one of them. I used to say Manning was better too or the best. But, you know what? It was almost like I was programmed to think that way. Like I was stolen in the middle of the night and brainwashed by a clinic to think this way.

For years we would mumble like zombies, "Team sport. Manning is the best. Brady has the system. Team sport. Manning is the best. Brady has the system."

It's over. It is nearly flipping over. Another pick by Manning in the worst spot and this time he had help. 2 special teams TDs and I read alllll year on this forum his D was amazing and would tear Brady apart. Oh and John Elway is a tool, sorry but he is. He used to look so upset in his eyes when Tebow won games as if he was a leper that somehow found his way on his team and with the more wins they got with him the harder it would be to dump the kid.

Sick of it. If you are the best ever SHOW ME YOU ARE THE BEST EVER. Not with words BUT WITH ACTIONS. Show me don't tell me. I want to see big mother historical wins and moments. Not hear excuses. I want to see it.

Blah blah blah look at stats. If we go by stats then we can throw our 11 wins out the window last year too since our stats sometimes sucked.

Manning is going to the HOF and still that is not good enough for some. We have been programmed to want him to be THE BEST. We have Luck now who looked like a stud last year and people are still fawning over every move the Broncos make. Heck this past year the Broncos could sign someone to the practice squad and we have an analysis here.

I loved Peyton's time with the Colts but it's OVER. This past year we would you know upset the Packers being down 21-3 and people would be like "Oh, nice win. Good for the team." Then some of the same posters would seem to be cyber screaming in glee if Manning threw a TD vs. the Chiefs. No joke, last year when the Broncos beat the Chiefs in KC I saw a headline that said, "Manning leads gutsy win over hungry Chiefs in Kansas City." You kidding me with this crap? No wonder so many fans of other teams have hated us over the years. We have been so annoying and obnoxious with the Peyton thing my God.......

Look the day Peyton retires I will likely clap, cheer and shed a tear as I watch old highlights of him in a Colts uniform.

Is that good enough? No it probably isn't since the day he retires people also seem to want a trophy handed to him that says GOAT. And Brady will get one that says "system QB cheater lol."

Enough.

The whole prove he is the best all the time and get him the ring he deserves thing can be embarrassing. Peyton did not always play well in his big games here. He didn't. But, we blamed everyone BUT HIM. We would blame every single thing but Manning. And this year people were saying Manning FINALLY had a team with the D and special teams and everything you could hope for to get him that ring he deserves. And what do we get.......ANOTHER home one and done.

Oh I am sorry. Did the Colts TEAM let Andrew Luck down in Baltimore too this year? What a shame........I for sure thought Luck was going to get an early head start on GOAT status in his rookie season! I think as soon as the Colts lost this year a lot of people brushed it off and went full sled on the Broncos train and got this idea that they were this powerhouse.

Oh and the MVP award thing. Yeah like that matters........how often do you hear people talk about how many MVP awards Joe Montana won?  They don't. Why? Cause they don't matter much.

As I watched the game between the Broncos & Ravens this weekend, something else became evident to me....Peyton Manning would do better off with no week off in the Playoffs. He does better with no time off to mess up his team mojo. Perhaps even, no homefield advantage too. Peyton never seems to capitalize on it. Don't make any Ravens defense excuses. It's not as if this was the 2000 Ravens defense either. 

Slam the door shut hard in the Playoffs...Peyton has to learn this...Develop a cut throat, assassin mentality...You play to impose your will; not prevent losing a lead...Where is #18 gonna learn this now? Meditation, boxing, martial arts, hanging out with Special Forces troops? Where is the dog? Where is the pit bull? Where is the sleeper hold on your adversary? Peyton must develop a lights out gene IMO. 

I know that I sound repetitive here, but Peyton needs a killer, closer instinct ASAP Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions... The competitive gene & killer genre in professional sports are 2 entirely different things...

Look the day Peyton retires I will likely clap, cheer and shed a tear as I watch old highlights of him in a Colts uniform.

Is that good enough? No it probably isn't since the day he retires people also seem to want a trophy handed to him that says GOAT. And Brady will get one that says "system QB cheater lol."

Enough.

The whole prove he is the best all the time and get him the ring he deserves thing can be embarrassing. Peyton did not always play well in his big games here. He didn't. But, we blamed everyone BUT HIM. We would blame every single thing but Manning. And this year people were saying Manning FINALLY had a team with the D and special teams and everything you could hope for to get him that ring he deserves. And what do we get.......ANOTHER home one and done.

Oh I am sorry. Did the Colts TEAM let Andrew Luck down in Baltimore too this year? What a shame........I for sure thought Luck was going to get an early head start on GOAT status in his rookie season! I think as soon as the Colts lost this year a lot of people brushed it off and went full sled on the Broncos train and got this idea that they were this powerhouse.

Oh and the MVP award thing. Yeah like that matters........how often do you hear people talk about how many MVP awards Joe Montana won?  They don't. Why? Cause they don't matter much.

wrong they do matter, maybe not to you but they do.

It's too late, SW.

His arm was toast in the second half.

That's precisely why he audibled on 3rd and 7. It's why, with 37 seconds and 2 timeouts , that the Broncos didn't go for the win.

That's my feelings on it as well although there is no way to know for sure. I'm watching the replay right now on NFL network, he also audibled to a run on a 3rd and 5 in the 3rd qtr right after the Flacco fumble at midfield. That was a huge blown chance by Manning, up 7, ball at the 43 and they gained a total of 6 yards and had to punt.

You play to impose your will; not prevent losing a lead..

As someone who lives in NC and has seen his fair share of Carolina games over the years, that is what we like to call Foxball. John Fox doesn't play to win, he plays not to lose. That's why I think he's the most overrated coach in the league. He can put together some solid defenses, but he is the most conservative coach I have ever seen.

wrong they do matter, maybe not to you but they do.

4 MVPs 9-11 in the playoffs, 1-1 in the Super Bowl. You gotta admit he didn't deserve a 4th one and if he wins a 5th one, we might as well just admit that the NFL favors him. Jules is spot on. You never hear them constantly bragging about how many MVP's Montana has. He got the job done when he needed to.

I honestly don't think anything was wrong with Peyton's arm, I mean the Colts have the most vertical offense in the NFL and I'm pretty sure Luck didn't throw a ball more than 20 yards down the field all game. They must have done something with the coverage to get rid of the deep passes.

You gotta admit he didn't deserve a 4th 

No we don't. Why would we? Manning led an injury plauged Colts team with the 32nd ranked run game in the NFL to the #1 seed in the AFC with 14-0 record before he was sat and the Colts proved who they really were.

Brees had the luxury of a fantastic run game and a defense that led the league in takeaways and tied the record for defensive TD's in a season.

I have never understood why a QB is often given all the credit for a win or all the blame for a loss.  Perhaps, it's just my self-admitted lack of football knowledge.  But, I just don't get it.

I would like to take a look at some of Peyton's playoff losses.  I'm doing this from my very fuzzy memory, so feel free to correct me if I have any dates, names, or stats wrong.

2001 vs Miami . . . Vanderjagt misses a 40 something yard game-winning field goal in overtime.  The Dolphins then go on to win 23-17. 

2006 vs Pittsburgh . . . Nick Harper runs up to Big Ben and says, "Look at me. Look at me.  I have the football."  Big Ben tackles him and prevents what would have probably been a game-winning touchdown.

Vanderjagt then kicks what could have been a game-tieing field goal sideways t-h-u-d  and the Steelers win 21-18.

2009 vs Chargers . . . That speedy Sproles runs over 300 yards with many of those yards being on special teams.  The game goes into overtime.  The Chargers win the coin toss and the game with a Sproles touchdown that was aided by two penalties on the Colts. 

2011 vs Jets . . . There was less than a minute left and it looked like the Colts had the win.  But, Cromartie has a big kick-off return that helps set the Jets up for the game-winning field goal.  I think that was also when the Colts had something like 18 players on injured reserve.

Does Peyton deserve some blame for his playoff losses?  Sure he does.  But, I think we also have to lay some blame on the rest of the team.

The same could be said for Brady.  If a wide open Reche Caldwell doesn't drop a perfect pass, the Patriots may have won that AFC championship game.  And, I have no doubt that the Patriots would have beaten the Bears for a 4th SB win.

Or, if Justin Timberlake hadn't put his chewing gum on David Tyree's helmet , the Patriots may very likely have a 5th SB win.

Likewise, neither Manning or Brady deserve all the credit for any wins.  Example: It was Vinatieri who made five field goals to help the Colts defeat the Ravens.  And, it was Vinatieri who kicked those two SB winning field goals. 

2006 vs Pittsburgh . . . Nick Harper runs up to Big Ben and says, "Look at me. Look at me.  I have the football."  Big Ben tackles him and prevents what would have probably been a game-winning touchdown.

To this day I still say that Nick Harper's wife cost us a Super Bowl that year.

I have never understood why a QB is often given all the credit for a win or all the blame for a loss.  Perhaps, it's just my self-admitted lack of football knowledge.  But, I just don't get it.

I would like to take a look at some of Peyton's playoff losses.  I'm doing this from my very fuzzy memory, so feel free to correct me if I have any dates, names, or stats wrong.

2001 vs Miami . . . Vanderjagt misses a 40 something yard game-winning field goal in overtime.  The Dolphins then go on to win 23-17. 

Vanderjagt then kicks what could have been a game-tieing field goal sideways t-h-u-d  and the Steelers win 21-18.

2009 vs Chargers . . . That speedy Sproles runs over 300 yards with many of those yards being on special teams.  The game goes into overtime.  The Chargers win the coin toss and the game with a Sproles touchdown that was aided by two penalties on the Colts. 

2011 vs Jets . . . There was less than a minute left and it looked like the Colts had the win.  But, Cromartie has a big kick-off return that helps set the Jets up for the game-winning field goal.  I think that was also when the Colts had something like 18 players on injured reserve.

Does Peyton deserve some blame for his playoff losses?  Sure he does.  But, I think we also have to lay some blame on the rest of the team.

The same could be said for Brady.  If a wide open Reche Caldwell doesn't drop a perfect pass, the Patriots may have won that AFC championship game.  And, I have no doubt that the Patriots would have beaten the Bears for a 4th SB win.

Or, if Justin Timberlake hadn't put his chewing gum on David Tyree's helmet , the Patriots may very likely have a 5th SB win.

Likewise, neither Manning or Brady deserve all the credit for any wins.  Example: It was Vinatieri who made five field goals to help the Colts defeat the Ravens.  And, it was Vinatieri who kicked those two SB winning field goals. 

There's a lot of factors but basically a QB gets credit for a win (even if the team did more in a particular game) much like a pitcher in baseball gets credit for wins even though he has a team behind him. Also the pitcher and the QB are the ones who handle the ball every snap (football) or pitch (baseball)

As to kickers. They don't win games per se. They appear to because they are the last person seen to put up the winning FG at the end of the game (or drive) and thus many people erroneously think they won the game.

Kickers are supposed to make FGs at a percentage at varing distances. All of which the coach knows when he calls for the kicker plus actual game conditions and specific to each game what range the kicker told the coach he can make from each end of the goal posts based on what he did in pregame practice.

it's simply a myth that AV won the SBs for NE. (Except the snow kick which was less than normal odds). It's great his 95% chance of making a particular FG was not the 5% miss...which you could add the word clutch over time if he never hit the 5% miss:)

Peyton Manning needs the adrenaline rush of a near death experience & the ability to replicate that sensation on command in a safe & controlled environment. Yes, I know he's a father with children & I don't want to see him injured in any way, shape, or form. Perhaps, Peyton needs to talk to fire jumpers, stuntmen, & BASE jumpers...Those who are daredevils & put their heart in their throats everytime they jump & those endorphins kick in. Go on a jump yourself too, even if you ride co-pilot with an experienced jumper. Talk to members of SWAT or even hostage negotiators IMO.

Peyton's got the intellect; He just needs the growl, the roar, & the venom to cross the finish line & close the deal.  :rawr:

Maybe he needs to even talk to career bank robbers in prison about defiance & the intense craving do defy authority & law enforcement personnel. The Killer gene isn't about being nice & proper...It's about risk taking, ego, & throwing all caution to the wind. Talk to bank robbers now imprisoned who were involved high speed chases like getaway drivers. How can they punch the accelerator, fly thru residential streets, & still maintain calm focus with cops doing everything to stop them by blowing tires or firing rounds? How do they flip that switch from mild mannered citizen to lightning fast getaway driver? 

It's too late, SW.

His arm was toast in the second half.

That's precisely why he audibled on 3rd and 7. It's why, with 37 seconds and 2 timeouts , that the Broncos didn't go for the win.

As much as I hate to admit this VL, I am leaning toward that position. I always believe that every game comes down to about 6 plays that the QB must make to win. Forget coaching; it's smart decisions & killer instincts by the QB. Yes, WR's & TE's can drop passes, but killer QB's transcend mishaps & rise above failure plain & simple.

As much as I hate to admit this VL, I am leaning toward that position. I always believe that every game comes down to about 6 plays that the QB must make to win. Forget coaching; it's smart decisions & killer instincts by the QB. Yes, WR's & TE's can drop passes, but killer QB's transcend mishaps & rise above failure plain & simple.

Nobody overcomes mishaps every time. Was the drop by Welker in the super bowl his fault..Of course it was, but Brady was blamed. Not even Joe Cool could overcome things every year. There have only been 19 qbs to appear in multiple super bowls, only a hand full won multiple super bowls. Peyton isn't done

Well shecolt for all the information that you posted I would say you have more football knowledge than some posting on the forum. Thanks for the great post. :thmup:   You also have great memory friend. :)

There's a lot of factors but basically a QB gets credit for a win (even if the team did more in a particular game) much like a pitcher in baseball gets credit for wins even though he has a team behind him. Also the pitcher and the QB are the ones who handle the ball every snap (football) or pitch (baseball)

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand the anology.  A pitcher could have a perfect game . . . a no-hitter.  He would and should get all the credit for the win because the other team couldn't score because they couldn't hit the ball. 

But a QB could have a perfect game, yet his team could still lose due to defense or special teams.  So, I don't understand why a QB would get the blame. 

As to kickers. They don't win games per se. They appear to because they are the last person seen to put up the winning FG at the end of the game (or drive) and thus many people erroneously think they won the game.

Kickers are supposed to make FGs at a percentage at varing distances. All of which the coach knows when he calls for the kicker plus actual game conditions and specific to each game what range the kicker told the coach he can make from each end of the goal posts based on what he did in pregame practice.

it's simply a myth that AV won the SBs for NE. (Except the snow kick which was less than normal odds). It's great his 95% chance of making a particular FG was not the 5% miss...which you could add the word clutch over time if he never hit the 5% miss:)

I never meant to insinuate that kickers win games.  I understand that the QB still has to put his team into FG range.  My point was that Peyton would/may have more playoff wins had a kicker made that field goal and Brady would have fewer SB wins had a kicker missed that field goal. 

I think part of the Brady preference is realizing that he performs well under pressure in big game situations (Unless he is playing the Giants lol) and we got a glimpse of that this season with Luck and it really opened the eyes of a lot of people here. He was easily the most clutch QB in the NFL this year, if that is a sign of things to come you might as well start printing Colts Dynasty T-shirts.

Perhaps some of you think that I am being too harsh on Peyton Manning. To those that feel this way, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I have followed Peyton since he landed in INDY. No, I'm no QB or NFL guru. I look at a person's mental toughness. Is Peyton smart? Absolutely. Does he possess all the tools to win? Until Saturday, yes I would have said you bet your caboose he does. After Saturday, I have my reservations. Peyton needs a strong running game, a stingy defense, &  above average pass protection to win now. There is no shame in admitting  that he can't lift a team on his shoulders anymore. 

I don't like getting into debates saying my QB is great & your sucks. However, Peyton Manning clearly isn't at his 2006 or 2009 form anymore. He is still wicked smart & he can still win a SB. He just needs more help now than he used it in 2005 0r 2006. Father time escapes no one no even the line of scrimmage master that I affectionately call Yoda. 

Brady, Bellichick, & McDaniels will win the SB this year. Although, I thought Ray Lewis would be knocked last week so my predictions are anything, but ironclad these days.  haha

Enough.

i wondered if your opinion on this woudl have changed had the S did his job...

regardless, ever since the whole Jim irsay Pm debacle you started to resent manning so is no surprise who you side with... i think you need to just remember that it was probably fans that started to give you that feeling about manning...not manning himself

i wondered if your opinion on this woudl have changed had the S did his job...

regardless, ever since the whole Jim irsay Pm debacle you started to resent manning so is no surprise who you side with... i think you need to just remember that it was probably fans that started to give you that feeling about manning...not manning himself

Started?

Nobody overcomes mishaps every time. Was the drop by Welker in the super bowl his fault..Of course it was, but Brady was blamed. Not even Joe Cool could overcome things every year. There have only been 19 qbs to appear in multiple super bowls, only a hand full won multiple super bowls. Peyton isn't done
Look, I'm not trying to slam Peyton. It pains me to send any constructive criticism his way at all. This season was a tailor made opportunity to have homefield advantage & have a smooth ride to the AFC Championship Game. I wanted this game vs the Patriots so bad I could taste it. I love this rivalry & I have tremendous respect for the Patriots. I don't hate them. They are my benchmark team for how good both the Colts & Broncos are.

No, I don't think that Peyton is done. But, the sand in the hour glass is dropping & Peyton needs help. I also, can't look past his weaknesses anymore. Yes, he's a HOF QB, but darn it I want him to win 1 more SB & if that means taking my blinders off so be it. Cold showers can be very liberating. Brady can win 8 SB's that's fine with me. Just do whatever you have to Pat Bowlen & John Elway to get Peyton a 3d SB. "The ends justifies the means." Do whatever you must John Elway. Get Peyton more help now!

Look, I'm not trying to slam Peyton. It pains me to send any constructive criticism his way at all. This season was a tailor made opportunity to have homefield advantage & have a smooth ride to the AFC Championship Game. I wanted this game vs the Patriots so bad I could taste it. I love this rivalry & I have tremendous respect for the Patriots. I don't hate them. They are my benchmark team for how good both the Colts & Broncos are.

No, I don't think that Peyton is done. But, the sand in the hour glass is dropping & Peyton needs help. I also, can't look past his weaknesses anymore. Yes, he's a HOF QB, but darn it I want him to win 1 more SB & if that means taking my blinders off so be it. Cold showers can be very liberating. Brady can win 8 SB's that's fine with me. Just do whatever you have to Pat Bowlen & John Elway to get Peyton a 2nd SB. "The ends justifies the means." Do whatever you must John Elway. Get Peyton more help now!

In that case, they need to trade Manning back to the Colts to be Luck's backup

:dancing:

This is strictly YOUR opinion, you are free to feel and write whatever you wish. I don't believe anyone judges you for it. WHY do YOU judge everyone else for their opinion?? It is no secret that you dislike Peyton and you think Luck is the best thing since sliced bread. Ok, I may disagree but I respect your opinion and do not make fun of you or ridicule you or call you names while using the Lord's name. I HOPE Luck turns out to be everything you envision. I HOPE Peyton wins another championship but lets be honest here championships are HARD to win, unless of course you are Tom Brady and Belichek. That entire organization is first class from top to bottom, that is why they are successful year in and year out. I love Peyton but I can deeply respect and appreciate what Tom Brady has done over the years. I also appreciate Rodgers, Brees etc. Each team has had different circumstances to play with, some good, some not so good. The making of a great QB in my opinion is made up of many of these circumstances and is completely subjective to what is important to an individual. Did the QB have great receivers, an o-line, a defense etc....Did the QB win in spite of a challenging situation? It is all strictly opinion. No one's opinion is RIGHT or WRONG!

Many people here love and respect Peyton, he was a Colt for a very long time. You can not possibly expect everyone to immediately move on and disregard him like trash. You have, good for you! I do not think any less of you for being able to do so. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the fans from other teams who complain about Colts fans being "obnoxious" were jealous? Every single one of them would have taken Peyton and changed their tune very quickly. As we see year in and year out the QB position is the MOST important part of a team. Ask Philly, KC, Buffalo, etc how much they would love to have a franchise QB. I do not find it obnoxious that Colts fans still root for Peyton or wish him well. He was here way too long and accomplished great things contrary to your belief that Championships matter more. He did great things for the city and State and is a pretty great role model for kids everywhere.

When I see threads I do not like or agree with, I do not read them. My Mother taught me that if I do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. I have found that to be most helpful in life. I was also taught to respect other people's opinions. I do think you have a great deal of knowledge and I enjoy reading most posts that you write but the constant critism of anyone that still likes Peyton and ridiculing of other peoples opinions because they disagree with you is ridiculous. Hate Peyton, love Luck, pick Brady or whatever you'd like but please allow others the same respect to hate, love or pick whomever they choose as well.

wow. wow.wow.

We get it Jules. Your eyes are now wide open. You are done with Peyton, moving on to Luck. And when Luck doesn't win the big one in the next 5 years, though we are in the playoffs year after year, I am sure your tune will change as well.

What is the magic number for Luck, two superbowls, three or four? What would be good enough?

Would it bother you too, once the media starts fawning on Luck in the next few years and turn on him?

Well I won't. I can tell already by his first year, that he is gonna work his behind off for this team, and if he doesn't get to go to the dance numerous times if at all, I will be a proud Colts fan and rally around Luck as I do Manning.

That post sounded a lot like a spoiled fan. We had one of the best, but that just wasn't good enough.  He didn't get you 3 Super Bowl rings. I suppose what the Man did for the city is just not good enough. The 13 years he worked his behind for this team, is just not good enough.

Brady is more clutch in the post season, yes. He has three Super Bowl, yes.

But as a fan that watched this Colts team with Peyton under center for the last 12 years; I am thankful, rather than spiteful.

Your opinion is yours. But wow, you were programmed to "think that way,"  "brainwashed"  to think Manning was great. I am now disappointed that I thoroughly enjoyed your intellectual football posts, since maybe  it really wasn't you "talking" and those were truly not your opinion.

How old were you and you started watching football (and this is not sarcasm, young people are more impressionable is all).

I watch lots of sports, Hockey. Football, Baseball, basketball, great ones are great, some fall short and some achieve the ultimate prize. Charles Barkley, Ewing, Karl Malone, BARRY BONDS, never won the big one but are still loved by their fan base.

I live here in SF Bay Area, and as vilified Barry Bonds is by the rest of society and even though he never won the World Series…this fan base loves him..loves him. The bay areal loves Joe Montana and Steve Young, even though he only has 1 Super Bowl.

I am embarrassed to be around Colts fan who has a divide with Luck and Peyton.  It makes us look like bandwagon amateur fans.

Rather than sitting back and going…WOW we had Peyton one of the greats, and now we are fortunate to have Luck.

How freaking lucky are we….but instead, we "wish" we had someone else the last 12 years.

This topic has really irritated me,  see you all in the next season.

Go 49ers.

Wow, I can't respond to the essays given back to me. But, I have said a million and hundred times that Peyton is one of the best ever and is going to the HOF. And that title we won with the Colts will always mean something to me and I hope and pray we can get another someday here.

Why don't people think that is enough, that I think he is an all time great HOF QB? I was a Favre fan too when he was playing and I think he choked at times too. That does not mean he ain't an all time great either but he is not the GOAT as well.

No I do not think Peyton is the best ever. And yes, in the last two years I am starting to think Brady really has been the better QB of his generation and there is an argument to be made that he has been.

I also am not saying Luck is the best thing ever and will win 6 rings.

I guess many of us just won't see things the same. But, that's fine.......

It is what it is.

In that case, they need to trade Manning back to the Colts to be Luck's backup

:dancing:

Your joke notwithstanding. Perhaps, I do need to prepare myself for the possibility that Manning might only be a 1 ring SB Champion. Dan Marino never won one neither did Jim Kelly. I don't really find the humor in trading #18 back to his old NFL franchise though. Sure, next season might be a spectacular season, but there are no guarantee that the post season outcome will be any different. Andy Reid is coaching KC now & Bruce Arians might be running the show in San Diego. No cake walk here. Peyton is a veteran QB & we judge veteran QB's on post season performances. I will give Peyton 1 more season to make a post season run...If he stumbles again, I will resign myself to the fact that his 2nd ring dreams, or maybe mine, are over & done for Yoda. 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8842902

"Why don't people think that is enough, that I think he is an all time great HOF QB?"

I really don't know Jules. When people post that he built hospitals and schools and the LOS, they are not going to accept this. It is insufficient, and I just don't understand why. I'm happy with where I have placed him in my 'sporting archive folder', and no one will make me change that view.

I'm not getting into the 'my dad is bigger than your dad' debate on 12/18, as it can have no meaningful outcome. Believe who you think is better, and leave it at that.

And with regards to the game on Sunday, a pre neck surgery Peyton would have carved up those Ravens so much that he would have been on the bench midway through the 4th quarter. That is why he will not lift another Lombardi.

Peyton is a legend, but it is time to move on and just enjoy the memories.....

Wow, I can't respond to the essays given back to me. But, I have said a million and hundred times that Peyton is one of the best ever and is going to the HOF. And that title we won with the Colts will always mean something to me and I hope and pray we can get another someday here.

Why don't people think that is enough, that I think he is an all time great HOF QB? I was a Favre fan too when he was playing and I think he choked at times too. That does not mean he ain't an all time great either but he is not the GOAT as well.

No I do not think Peyton is the best ever. And yes, in the last two years I am starting to think Brady really has been the better QB of his generation and there is an argument to be made that he has been.

I also am not saying Luck is the best thing ever and will win 6 rings.

I guess many of us just won't see things the same. But, that's fine.......

It is what it is.

I love all of the know it all's.. football geniuses.. guess thats why ya have a degree in nonsense and are employed analysts.. wait.. your not.. who woulda thunk it.

Gee where would we be without all these blame game remarks and I know everythings?? Opinions.. not many of them are facts. Just SMH.

I love all of the know it all's.. football geniuses.. guess thats why ya have a degree in nonsense and are employed analysts.. wait.. your not.. who woulda thunk it.

Gee where would we be without all these blame game remarks and I know everythings?? Opinions.. not many of them are facts. Just SMH.

You have opinions too, right? How do you rate them?

"Why don't people think that is enough, that I think he is an all time great HOF QB?"

I really don't know Jules. When people post that he built hospitals and schools and the LOS, they are not going to accept this. It is insufficient, and I just don't understand why. I'm happy with where I have placed him in my 'sporting archive folder', and no one will make me change that view.

I'm not getting into the 'my dad is bigger than your dad' debate on 12/18, as it can have no meaningful outcome. Believe who you think is better, and leave it at that.

And with regards to the game on Sunday, a pre neck surgery Peyton would have carved up those Ravens so much that he would have been on the bench midway through the 4th quarter. That is why he will not lift another Lombardi.

Peyton is a legend, but it is time to move on and just enjoy the memories.....

Agree.

Brady vs. Manning is usually a lost cause in debates anyway. I go back and forth myself. I have grown more of an appreciation for Brady though since 2011 when Manning was out for the year and I think I sat back and really enjoyed a lot of QBs in this league instead of hating/comparing them to Manning all the time. In 2011 I went nuts watching Rodgers and started to realize how much I underrated Brady. Heck even Brees, yeah the dude who beat us in the SB, I like him......he's good.

a pre neck surgery Peyton would have carved up those Ravens so much that he would have been on the bench midway through the 4th quarter. 

This. And it was sad to watch at times for me. At times this year during games when I checked out the Broncos I never thought Peyton "truly" looked like pre surgery Peyton but you never heard it from anyone.....not even much in the media where they convinced you he was 2005/2006 worthy all over again. I never felt he was the same though this year. He was good at times, very good but not the same old Peyton.

You are correct, the old Peyton IMO carves those dudes up Saturday in Denver, slices and dices them. But, he isn't the same. It is what it is. And contrary to what people think I am satisfied with our legacy in Indy with Manning now. I just think too many get NE envy at times and get caught up in comparisons. Heck if you think I can be rude you should have heard my dad call Saturday's game "The lets pretend they didn't decline bowl" in terms of Manning/Lewis. Sad but true.......some of these guys are in the midst of their last gasps for glory. Oh yeah, maybe we should put Champ Bailey in there too.

This is what really blows...Unfulfilled expectations...Use it as motivational fuel next year fellas...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Adams_I_Didnt_Sleep/90d7e45d-6755-4fd5-b25c-e237d0f01214

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV_Report_We_Call_Them_Scars_in_Our_Business/74a07725-f207-48a4-8792-74b9b14c16cf

Learn this lesson John Fox: When you have an opportunity to win the game & put your adversary down in regulation do it! Thank you.

I am so bleeping ticked off right now at the way this game was handled & unfolded...I had better leave this topic now before I say something really shortsighted & stupid & end up getting banned again. Thanks everyone for indulging my chaotic, emotional state tonight...This loss really hit me harder than even I expected it would...Again, thank you all for your patience & understanding...The Broncos were so darn close to the Championship Game...SW1 leave now...Okay, okay, I'm going...Sigh...

I am so bleeping ticked off right now at the way this game was handled & unfolded...I had better leave this topic now befor

e I say something really shortsighted & stupid & end up getting banned again. Thanks everyone for indulging my chaotic, emotional state tonight...This loss really hit me harder than even I expected it would...Again, thank you all for your patience & understanding...The Broncos were so darn close to the Championship Game...SW1 leave now...Okay, okay, I'm going...Sigh...

I refused to read this thread knowing I would feel this same way as u but saw your avatar in the forum as lasty responce so checked u out not thread

also limiting self as need to really take care of myself

Due n me a favor 

read 

I first commented at 60, and then did a few replies but read 60, 66 is important then  79,& 80.,  u dont have to reply , u know i love peyton ,  u know my post will support u .last 2 comments  and wait till u read the reason they kneeled at the end in comment 66, are other comments betwen 60 & 80 but read those 4

my 81 is another article quote that u  probably agree with

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14642-broncos-being-conservative-cost-them-the-game/page-2#entry391117

I am so bleeping ticked off right now at the way this game was handled & unfolded...I had better leave this topic now before I say something really shortsighted & stupid & end up getting banned again. Thanks everyone for indulging my chaotic, emotional state tonight...This loss really hit me harder than even I expected it would...Again, thank you all for your patience & understanding...The Broncos were so darn close to the Championship Game...SW1 leave now...Okay, okay, I'm going...Sigh...

read 81 & 83  as well

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14642-broncos-being-conservative-cost-them-the-game/page-3#entry391140

I honestly don't think anything was wrong with Peyton's arm, I mean the Colts have the most vertical offense in the NFL and I'm pretty sure Luck didn't throw a ball more than 20 yards down the field all game. They must have done something with the coverage to get rid of the deep passes.

Yea watched the game again last night and saw no problems with his arm, looked fine. But I'm no expert like everyone else.