Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tonight proves colts made best decision

danlhart87

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is my 2nd favorite QB in the nfl. Manning is and I think always will be a better QB then luck, end of story

You coud be right (odds way in your favour with that comment), but with a fantastic 1st year under his belt, the comparisons do not compute at this stage in their respective careers. Clearly for Luck to make the huge jump and stick with Mannings stats over 12 seasons will be rather difficult to accomplish. But right now.......Luck is probably ahead on all counts.....

Then embrace them all; he's tied with Brett Favre for the most postseason losses by a starting QB in NFL history.

Manipulating statistical information in order to promote a positive narrative to the exclusion of the truth should be a red flag for anyone.

I am embracing all the stats. I said to look at his body of work and he's still one of the best QBs of all time. Embracing his body of work includes negative aspects/stats. That's what the "body of work" means...everything. If I discount the positive, then I'm not considering the entireity. As I mentioned already, I know Manning has his faults. I'm not manipulating anything. I haven't the time to gather and post the entire body of work for Manning (again, that body of work will includes NEGATIVE). Did you see that...NEGATIVE? Once again, without looking back through your history of posts, only considering our communication, I see ONLY negative comments from you regarding Manning. I would say that's a red flag.

My little sister argues in the same manner as you. Her come back is typically a play on words, quoting me out of text or coming back with a cute quote/saying. I stopped long ago trying to reason with her because she is unreasonable and has tunnel vision regarding everything and opinion about which she is passionate. Discussing this any further with you would be a waste of time. Alvederzane...

You're right...even after more than a year off with neck surgery. Same MVP caliber player, making a good team great, putting up record stats. Same old Peyton.

"making a good team great" are you serious??? they won a playoff game last year with tebow!! only manning can be on a "great" team and lose in the playoffs.

"putting up record stats" what were these?

"making a good team great" are you serious??? they won a playoff game last year with tebow!! only manning can be on a "great" team and lose in the playoffs.

"putting up record stats" what were these?

Hold on a minute...is that you little sister? Even though you're a Redskins fan, you acknowledge how good Peyton Manning is. We disagree on many things, but you're VERY football savvy. Even though we both like Tebow, you would never put Tebow on the same plane as Peyton Manning. As a matter of fact, you were so hoping Peyton would sign with the Skins. Hmmm, maybe you're just messin' with me. If that's you, stop messin' with me. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation here. Thank you.

P.S. I'm going to tell mom about you next time I see her.

Hold on a minute...is that you little sister? Even though you're a Redskins fan, you acknowledge how good Peyton Manning is. We disagree on many things, but you're VERY football savvy. Even though we both like Tebow, you would never put Tebow on the same plane as Peyton Manning. As a matter of fact, you were so hoping Peyton would sign with the Skins. Hmmm, maybe you're just messin' with me. If that's you, stop messin' with me. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation here. Thank you.

P.S. I'm going to tell mom about you next time I see her.

what are you talking about???

i think you have completely lost your mind!

Manning choked like he always does. Just be glad they played the Bears in the Super Bowl, who had Grossman at quarterback or he would still be like Marino, best at the position to never win a ring.

I'm going to just provide a link to this article that was provided to me. I suppose though, you're set in your ways and opinion...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484410-why-does-peyton-manning-always-come-up-short-in-the-playoffs

Manning choked like he always does. Just be glad they played the Bears in the Super Bowl, who had Grossman at quarterback or he would still be like Marino, best at the position to never win a ring.

Here's a link that's is burried in the article above. Wish I had this earlier...

http://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/peyton-mannings-eight-one-and-done-nfl-playoffs-learn-what-you-are-criticizing/

Honestly, we don't need the manning hate. But whenever you get done with it we made the right decision, period.

Of course we made the right decision. I'm not arguing we should have kept Manning. I'm pretty sure Manning wasn't let go because of what some people think about him in the playoffs.

Oh did we? I think we did too, but that remains to be seen

It doesn't remain to be seen. What you keep manning for a few more years of making the playoffs? Or let me guess rg3? Yeah give me a shot at a future with Luck every time. Have to leave the emotions out of business decisions.

It doesn't remain to be seen. What you keep manning for a few more years of making the playoffs? Or let me guess rg3? Yeah give me a shot at a future with Luck every time. Have to leave the emotions out of business decisions.

a huge no on rgiii. I'm just saying nothing is a given yet. I think luck was better than advertised this year.

I don't care what the numbers say, I still don't think Peyton ever looked like the same old Peyton to me this year. It's not a knock on him either, happens to everyone at some time. He was still very very good this year at times, much better then expected which made many feel hesitant about the decision. But, based on the eye test alone we have seen the very best Manning can do and the Manning of the past IMO might have carved those Ravens up in the playoffs which is sad to see since that is a team Peyton has always owned. Perhaps he is better next season with another year, perhaps not. Time will tell, same with his team in Denver.

We were never going to have both Manning/Luck. The pre Manning release dream was never going to happen.

Look at how bad many feel seeing Manning lose with the Broncos. Imagine how badly you would feel if this was the Colts and we had another one and done with him and Luck was doing well on another team as he did on the Colts this season. Manning on the Colts next season at 37 and still more holes to fill on the roster......does not sound overly appealing to me.

I think the problem is also that this Denver situation might not end up roses and peaches like many had hoped. It is a good team but hardly the super power they were made out to be as they beat up on a lot of weak competition this year while losing to good teams early in the year. This Denver team at times to me became overly inflated due to the playoff win over the Steelers which was a miracle in itself at times to me lol.

Yes the Colts made the right decision. We have a young/healthy QB for a long time hopefully who has shown great promise in his rookie season and we can still rebuild around him without having the SB or bust expectations his first few seasons.

With Peyton everyone would be complaining even more if he was here that we wasted another year of him...cause we all knew deep down this team was not going to the SB even with Manning.

Luck is going to be a good one though, there should be no regrets here IMO. He is the right QB and leader for us at this time and times have changed.

I will say this though, I think I would rather have Peyton right now then RG3. I don't trust RG3 not to get hurt......