Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tonight proves colts made best decision

danlhart87

Luck is only gonna get better too. Breaking many rookie records is huge for his confidence and just like Manning still knows he has work to do.

When Flacco threw late 4th QB TD I thought wow once again Manning let down again but the D had nothing to do with Manning's INT.

BTW If Luck was in Broncos situation late 4th 2 TOs left I have no doubt he would fought for the win. That's the reason Luck was the better choice.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

manning gave that game away

Did he?  Or did he keep them in it while his defense was losing it in regulation?  Make no mistake that was a terrible pick by Manning but had his defense played like they had all season no way that game gets to OT in the first place.  I'd still like to know what in the world that defender was thinking on the last TD pass to get the game to OT. 

Also some of this needs to go at the coaches feet.  They got extremely conservative.  I can promise you that Peyton Manning with the Colts doesn't play for OT with time left on the clock and two timeouts only needing to get to the 40 to try a last second field goal.  Then the consent banging the ball into the line and then calling dump off pass plays for Manning was a flash back to the Tebow offense and isn't something you run with one of the best QBs in the game. 

Manning should get harmed for that INT and that's the play people will remember but it is far from the only reason Denver lost today. 

Also for all the hate Jim Caldwell gets looks like he makes a decent OC. 

Luck is only gonna get better too. Breaking many rookie records is huge for his confidence and just like Manning still knows he has work to do.

When Flacco threw late 4th QB TD I thought wow once again Manning let down again but the D had nothing to do with Manning's INT.

BTW If Luck was in Broncos situation late 4th 2 TOs left I have no doubt he would fought for the win. That's the reason Luck was the better choice.

What an absolute joke. You Manning haters are ridiculous. I don't understand it.

Manning gave that game away just like he did your last Super Bowl.

Sad thing is, he had a run game going for him against us in the Super Bowl. His run game was starting to finally pick up in OT when he threw that pick. If it were not for those two returns for TD's by Holiday, I don't think he would have even been in this game. Baltimore dominated him in the second half. Do give props to that kid Holiday, 2 returns for TD's, he is going to be a star.

Look Luck is the future, of course you made the right choice. Manning can't play forever.

What an absolute joke. You Manning haters are ridiculous. I don't understand it.

So what's worse the manning haters or the Luck haters? Cause I don't know about you but Luck is a Colt. And many fans have had to defend our own player all year long. So yeah, it goes both ways

It's funny how football turns into a team sport when Manning lays eggs. Ehhhh you can lead a horse to water...

I've always said it was a team sport as has just about about everyone so I don't know what you are talking about.  You can have the best player in the world but if he has 52 scrubs around him they aren't going to win anything.  I am not saying that was the case for Peyton in Denver or here for sure and while Peyton deserves his share of the blame (including tonight's that was horrible pass) for playoff loses what he doesn't deserve is all the blame that people try to give him. 

or wasnt the fact manning who could have taken a sack in OT and just punt the ball away decided to force the ball into tight coverage. he made a bad decision and it hurt them. 

He made a bad throw, I don't think anybody would deny that but are you saying he's the reason they lost and not the fact that the defense gave up 31 points?

just because he said manning had a meltdown does not mean he is a " manning hater " i loved manning when he was a colt. but he did blow the game. sure you can say the defense did, BUT manning tried forcing a ball into tight coverage in OT and that is what cost them the game. all he had to do was take a sack or throw it away, punt the ball and let his defense do their thing. they stepped up in OT. manning had 3 turnovers in the game 2 in which resulted in points (including the game winning FG.)

He made a bad throw, I don't think anybody would deny that but are you saying he's the reason they lost and not the fact that the defense gave up 31 points?

ok baltimores defense including special teams gave up 21 points to the bronco offense and 14 to the special teams, they played just as poorly but won in the turnover battle. you tell me??  we could argue this all night and in the end it will come down to which team controlled the ball better. turnovers kill. and in mannings 4 losses in cold weather games he has 11 turnovers (9INT's and 2 fumbles) compared to 4 TD's

Yeah Im sure it had nothing to do with the 2nd best defense in the league giving up 31 points.

I'm sure it also didn't have anything to do with the Manning led offense only scoring 21 points.

Flacco outplayed Manning. Can't deny it. Also, Fox's conservativeness didn't help. I guarantee if Luck & Arians got the ball on the 20 with 31 secs & 2 timeouts we would of tried to win.

ok baltimores defense including special teams gave up 21 points to the bronco offense and 14 to the special teams, they played just as poorly but won in the turnover battle. you tell me??

I don't understand your logic here. If Flacco had lost 38-35 then people would be saying that the defense let Flacco down as well.

I'm sure it also didn't have anything to do with the Manning led offense only scoring 21 points.

Flacco outplayed Manning. Can't deny it. Also, Fox's conservativeness didn't help. I guarantee if Luck & Arians got the ball on the 20 with 31 secs & 2 timeouts we would of tried to win.

Blame goes all around. The offense turned the ball over, the defense gave up 31 and Holiday ran back 10 yards on the pun return in OT. Terrible game all around. No one player can be blamed that's all I'm saying.

They made the right decision cause dude is 36 years old coming off multiple neck surgeries. Not to mention oh yeah we sucked!! Plain and simple, I'm not sure how other Colts fans don't see that

Who are these imaginary Colts fans you are talking about? I don't see anybody that's saying we didn't make the right decision.

Manning joins the team and all the Tennessee fans become Colt fans.  When he leaves, they leave.  Luck joins the Colts, Stanford fans become Colts fans.  When he's done, they will leave.  If that's how you roll, fine, but some of us are Colts fans ALL the time.  That means we liked Manning and we like Luck.  We liked Harbaugh....and we all hated Jeff George.  Can't we agree on that at least??? :) 

I don't hate the guy. I actually respect him, what I hate is how he's crammed down our throats 24/7 and when you don't call him the MVP or GOAT you get lectured  and written 2-3 paragraph essay replies how he's so good and every other QB in history is below his rank.

Manning joins the team and all the Tennessee fans become Colt fans.  When he leaves, they leave.  Luck joins the Colts, Stanford fans become Colts fans.  When he's done, they will leave.  If that's how you roll, fine, but some of us are Colts fans ALL the time.  That means we liked Manning and we like Luck.  We liked Harbaugh....and we all hated Jeff George.  Can't we agree on that at least??? :)

Count me in, I agree with all of that.

They made the right decision cause dude is 36 years old coming off multiple neck surgeries. Not to mention oh yeah we sucked!! Plain and simple, I'm not sure how other Colts fans don't see that

I was going to say if you honestly look at what the situation was around Manning and remove the emotion from it the decision to cut Manning was not hard.  It was the emotional attachment that just about everyone has to Manning is what made it hard. 

I have always thought and will still think it was harder to pick between Luck and RG3 than it was to make the decision to move on with one of those two over Manning.

With that said I don't think the later was even hard for Irsay.  I think once Irsay realized they were going to get the top pick he knew he wanted Luck and wasn't going to let anything short of his right arm falling off change that.  I think this was a master plan from start to end by Irsay and frankly as much as some might not like right now he's coming up roses.  RG3 has a very serious knee injury and Peyton has a playoff outing that reminds you of so many painful outings he had here meanwhile you look at Luck and you can't help but think that team is headed in the right direction based on the fact they are ahead of schedule and frankly even though he didn't win Luck played well for his first playoff outing. 

That's not meant to throw Manning under the bus as much as it is to pat Irsay on the back one more time for having the guts to put the emotion aside that I don't think most of us could have and make this call.  I will always be grateful for what Manning did for this team and I am looking forward to seeing the day Peyton gets to come back home and we get the celebrate that career but I also love Andrew Luck and feel very good about where this team is going.  It's amazing how public opinion on Irsay has changed in less than a year. 

Well, Luck is 0-1 in his young career in the playoffs.  I just hope the one-and-done bug isn't contagious. 

Also, who cares how Manning fares in his career from now on?  He's not with the Colts anymore.  I will care about Manning again when he retires and goes up on the ring of honor and hall of fame. 

Blame goes all around. The offense turned the ball over, the defense gave up 31 and Holiday ran back 10 yards on the pun return in OT. Terrible game all around. No one player can be blamed that's all I'm saying.

I agree with this.

I just hate when people (not you, but people in general) never give blame to Manning. In the end he didn't do his part.

We go 11- 5 and lose on the road in Baltimore with a bunch of kids and a rookie HC too who had cancer most of the year.

Broncos go 13-3 and lose at home to Baltimore as 10 point favorites with a supossedly dominant O and D.

Stevie Wonder could see we made the right decision all year. We are developing quite a team here in Indy. Get on board and enjoy the ride. Peyton is the Broncos problem now. Luck is our future.

And stop putting down all our teams in the past too including the coaches for playoff issues. We can't always blame everyone but Manning. It gets old and it is an insult to all the other guys around him. Maybe Peyton just isn't a great playoff leader or performer........

Agree 100%.. well almost.. I actually liked Jeff George too :)