Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tonight proves colts made best decision

danlhart87

I think the Peyton, Moore, and the Broncos coaches gave that game away.

That was a HORRIBLE pick Peyton threw on the opponents side of the field.

It was a throw that he had no reason to throw. Period!

In regards to Moore, I would be shocked to see him back in a Broncos uniform.

Absolutley terrible coverage! Absolutley terrible indeed!

What were the Broncos coaches thinking? When Peyton was a Colt, we would have never

played for overtime with 30 seconds left and two timeouts. We would have put it in

18s hands and let him get us in field goal position for the win. Not only that, but

on that 3rd and 7 play before the Broncos punted the ball, there is no way as a Colt

we would have put such a crucial down in the hands of a running back. That ball would

have been in the hands of 18 and he would have gotten the first down.

The Broncos coaches were too conservative.

From what I heard and I don't know how much of this is true. Apparently Manning audibled from the 3rd and 7 which was a pass to a run. I can't really blame him for that because it took 40+ more seconds off the clock but in hindsight it's questionable. In hindsight...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is Skip Bayless is going to have an ABSOLUTE field day with Peyton losing yesterday!

Tim Tebow got farther in the playoffs as the Broncos quarterback than Peyton Manning.

He is going to be gloating so hard.

The only thing I took any joy out of the Broncos losing yesterday was thinking of Skip Bayless talking about how a Broncos vs Redskins Super Bowl would be a Colts fans nightmare and how both those teams went one and done just like the Colts and frankly going into the off-season Colts fans are probably feeling better about their team and their season than Redskin fans or Broncos fans are feeling.  Redskins fans are hoping RG3 is going to be okay as they should be and Broncos fans have to be wondering if this just what Peyton does.  Mean while Colts fans have every reason in the world be excited because we surpassed just about everyone's expectations of us and we have a tone of money to spend this off-season to make us even better. 

All I know is Skip Bayless is going to have an ABSOLUTE field day with Peyton losing yesterday!

Tim Tebow got farther in the playoffs as the Broncos quarterback than Peyton Manning.

Might be wrong, but I thought Skip was on Peyton's side in this whole deal and criticized the Colts for not only moving on from Manning, but also not drafting the PHENOM(lol) known as RG3? Pretty sure there is a thread in here about it.

manning gave that game away

I wouldn't say that; I think there was plenty of blame to go around, but after watching that game I do think moving on to Luck was the correct decision. I don't know  if it's just me, but Peyton really doesn't seem to have the same zip on his throws; that's a pretty subjective thing to say and maybe it was just a bad game or the cold weather, but I think Peyton's age might be starting to show.

Luck is only gonna get better too. Breaking many rookie records is huge for his confidence and just like Manning still knows he has work to do.

When Flacco threw late 4th QB TD I thought wow once again Manning let down again but the D had nothing to do with Manning's INT.

BTW If Luck was in Broncos situation late 4th 2 TOs left I have no doubt he would fought for the win. That's the reason Luck was the better choice.

I have not read through this thread and won't because I suspect there is a boat-load of nonsense.

What I will say is the very premise of the point is faulty at best and frankly just simply comical. No outcome of the Denver game would have altered the "correctness" of releasing Manning. With all the info available at the time of his release, it was the right decision. With how well Luck played, it just affirmed the decision. If Manning is one and done or Super Bowl MVP this year, none of that changes what was right for Indy.

Actual tebow didn't get further in the playoffs, he also lost in the divisional round

the media hates the mannings. so of course they are going to blame him instead of the safety giving up the last second touchdown. they like to drool over Tom Brady and aaron rodgers.

Nothing in this thread mentions what the media said (I think), so no idea where that tantrum came from, and why.

Might be wrong, but I thought Skip was on Peyton's side in this whole deal and criticized the Colts for not only moving on from Manning, but also not drafting the PHENOM(lol) known as RG3? Pretty sure there is a thread in here about it.

You are forgetting how much Bayless loves Tebow. Everyone and their mother bashed Tebow and praised the Manning signing saying that they were now getting a real quarterback. Even Denver players spent most of the year sending suttle disses at Tebow and how he hindered the offense. Now that the season is done, the reality must be faced that Tebow took the team farther than Manning. If you know anything about Skip Bayless he is going to have a field day on this one. He already calls Peyton the greatest regular season quarterback in league history. Of course Peyton has added more flame to that fire as well unfortunately.

Why though, do people have to use this as an opportunity to bash Peyton. He did make myriad contributions to the Colts AND the city of Indianapolis. He will go down as an all time great Colt. There is no reason to take pleasure in his shortcomings. Let's just live in the moment and enjoy what we have without maintaining this insecure mentality of, "Oh I already loved my new car, but now I like it even more because the person I sold my old one to got in an accident." And just for RG3, "I also like my new car more because the other one I was thinking of buying has a recall on its engine."

Thought provoking and IMO, extremely accurate.

Peyton is a wonderful, groundbreaking QB and we are lucky to still be seeing him perform in the NFL. Bob Griffen, Andrew Luck, Colin Capernick and Russell Wilson are blessings that tell us the league has talent for the future. I choose to celebrate them all, root for my team when we ball on Sunday, and realize that diminishing the accomplishments of any QB in this league will not elevate the standing of my teams QB.

Irsay made the right choice obviously.. Too much doubt with Peyton

10-15 years of Luck > 4-5 of Manning. Appreciate all he did for Indy, but in no way cheering for another team affter the Colts

Are you all so insecure???  Why are we now deciding that "Colts" made the right choice after Peyton loss........ what kind of fan are you, or better yet, do you know football?

Whether or not Peyton would have won the SB this year, or if he wins it next year, the Colts still made the right choice.

The only thing that equates to "colts making the right decision" is what Andrew Luck does...not what Peyton does.

Why is this still being discussed??????  

So if Peyton went to the AFCCG....would you say the Colts made the wrong choice??

You are forgetting how much Bayless loves Tebow. Everyone and their mother bashed Tebow and praised the Manning signing saying that they were now getting a real quarterback. Even Denver players spent most of the year sending suttle disses at Tebow and how he hindered the offense. Now that the season is done, the reality must be faced that Tebow took the team farther than Manning. If you know anything about Skip Bayless he is going to have a field day on this one. He already calls Peyton the greatest regular season quarterback in league history. Of course Peyton has added more flame to that fire as well unfortunately.

You're probably right, we'll see today I guess? And the less I know/hear from Skip Bayless, the better off I am! :)

You know whats sad is i trust Luck more with 2 mins left in the gam then Manning. And no I dont hate Manning I love the guy but you just cant throw Ints when it really matters and He has done that alot even when the defence gave him chances. Everybody on the team has a assignment you can point fingers at the Defence or the Qb or Offence even the speacial teams, But in the end everybody has an assignment.... Sorry not trying to dog Manning but I dont miss the days of getting your hopes up tnd then He throws a Pick six / INT.....

Same old Peyton.

Torches everyone in the regular season...and takes a nap in the playoffs. As a result, he is now tied with Brett Favre for the most postseason losses by a starting QB in NFL history.

Just wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

OUCH.

My question is who doesn't let Peyton freakin comeback King Manning try and score some points with :31 going into the half?

Stop making excuses for Manning...this happened for years in Indy...we win every regular season game by 50 then lose in the divisional round...I wasnt shocked, even got some money in my pockets off of this..it's the same thing over and over again..lets just be real about it. Peyton Manning is top 5 dead or alive in the regular season, but he's now tied for the worst in the post-season.

Are you all so insecure???  Why are we now deciding that "Colts" made the right choice after Peyton loss........ what kind of fan are you, or better yet, do you know football?

Whether or not Peyton would have won the SB this year, or if he wins it next year, the Colts still made the right choice.

The only thing that equates to "colts making the right decision" is what Andrew Luck does...not what Peyton does.

So if Peyton went to the AFCCG....would you say the Colts made the wrong choice??

I am not sure why this is being discussed either. Colts made the right choice, time to move on.

Cue in, future is so bright, I gotta wear shades...:)

I think the Peyton, Moore, and the Broncos coaches gave that game away.

That was a HORRIBLE pick Peyton threw on the opponents side of the field.

It was a throw that he had no reason to throw. Period!

In regards to Moore, I would be shocked to see him back in a Broncos uniform.

Absolutley terrible coverage! Absolutley terrible indeed!

What were the Broncos coaches thinking? When Peyton was a Colt, we would have never

played for overtime with 30 seconds left and two timeouts. We would have put it in

18s hands and let him get us in field goal position for the win. Not only that, but

on that 3rd and 7 play before the Broncos punted the ball, there is no way as a Colt

we would have put such a crucial down in the hands of a running back. That ball would

have been in the hands of 18 and he would have gotten the first down.

The Broncos coaches were too conservative.

I was too royally ticked off to say anything regarding the Broncos game to say anything for a couple of days. I'm not gonna make any excuses. It's not the defense, it's not John Fox, It's not poor safety play. It's poor decision making by Peyton Manning. Why not throw on 3rd down in the 4th Qtr. Forget overtime. When you have an opportunity to win the game in regulation with 1 1st down. You do it...You neutralize your enemy. You kill your opponent's Championship Dreams right there. Tom Brady is clutch; Peyton Manning isn't. It kills me to say that because I revere him so much. #18 needs a stout defense & a monster running game to win.

Do I still revere him? yes Does he have a killer instinct? No, not in the Playoffs. If #18 gets a ton of praise for the MVP debate, I cannot exonerate him from criticism here. I must be honest with myself. It hurts like Hades to say this, but the truth sometimes is like a bitter pill to swallow without the water. Peyton lost the opportunity to go to the Championship Game. His timid play in the 4th quarter & that interception. Why even throw that pass? :facepalm:

Regarding the Luck/Manning decision, it was the right move because of the uncertainty of Peyton's neck recovery & the fate of this franchise for the next 15 years.

Peyton can still win another SB; he just needs a heathy running back & an aggressive defense. Peyton has no killer instinct in him & he must know never to throw across his body in critical down & distance situations. Peyton lost this game. Let the backlash begin...

Manning and the playoffs just don't seem to go together.  In the regular season, it seems like he finally has a defense, and what happens in the *?  The D goes to sleep and Peyton is forced to carry the team again. 

I'm glad we moved on with Luck, but what's the point of taking another opportunity to bash Peyton?  He did great things for our team with almost no help and was always a gentleman.  I feel bad for the guy. 

If I'm Pat Bowlen & John Elway, I draft multiple RB's in April & I make sure that my scouts tell them to look for athletes that are superb in pass protection too. I also make sure that I start grooming a safety to replace Champ Bailey too, who kept getting beat in deep coverage yesterday.

I was too royally ticked off to say anything regarding the Broncos game to say anything for a couple of days. I'm not gonna make any excuses. It's not the defense, it's not John Fox, It's not poor safety play. It's poor decision making by Peyton Manning. Why not throw on 3rd down in the 4th Qtr. Forget overtime. When you have an opportunity to win the game in regulation with 1 1st down. You do it...You neutralize your enemy. You kill your opponent's Championship Dreams right there. Tom Brady is clutch; Peyton Manning isn't. It kills me to say that because I revere him so much. #18 needs a stout defense & a monster running game to win.

Do I still revere him? yes Does he have a killer instinct? No, not in the Playoffs. If #18 gets a ton of praise for the MVP debate, I cannot exonerate him from criticism here. I must be honest with myself. It hurts like Hades to say this, but the truth sometimes is like a bitter pill to swallow without the water. Peyton lost the opportunity to go to the Championship Game. His timid play in the 4th quarter & that interception. Why even throw that pass? :facepalm:

Regarding the Luck/Manning decision, it was the right move because of the uncertainty of Peyton's neck recovery & the fate of this franchise for the next 15 years.

Peyton can still win another SB; he just needs a heathy running back & an aggressive defense. Peyton has no killer instinct in him & he must know never to throw across his body in critical down & distance situations. Peyton lost this game. Let the backlash begin...

I know that must have been very difficult to say southwest. Unfortunately, I came to this realization several yrs. ago and at that time it also pained me badly to admit that Manning is for lack of a better term, just a choker in the playoffs. For yrs. I argued with Pats fans about that and made every excuse in the world for him and to this day still think if Manning would have had better defenses here in Indy, he would have at least a couple more SB rings.

With that said though, many of Mannings playoff failures are on him. He just gets rattled in the playoffs and makes stupid decisions. we repeatably lost to inferior teams that we should have destroyed in the playoffs but without fail, Manning would let us down. I still really like Manning as a man and as one of the all time great regular season QB's ever. He put Indy on the map in the football world and I will forever be grateful to him as an ex-Colt.

I won't make excuses for him any longer though, now that he is no longer a Colt. I can look more subjectively on his career here and am ecstatic that we now have a QB that seems to have ice water running through his veins come crunch time. I know this seems to be very harsh towards Manning and maybe it is, but it is the way I have felt for several yrs..

Yes I agree! I mean Manning has never played well in the playoffs. I mean he seems to think to much during playoffs instead of going out and just playing. That's why I wasn't upset that Manning left us. We need a quarterback here who can win in the playoffs. The verdict is still out on whether Luck can win the playoffs.But if I was a betting man I think he'll be great in the playoffs. I think Peyton will go down as the greatest regular season quarterback of all time but that will be it. The comparison between Brady and Manning it's hard to go against Brady in the comparison as much as I always loved Peyton.  

If I'm Pat Bowlen & John Elway, I draft multiple RB's in April & I make sure that my scouts tell them to look for athletes that are superb in pass protection too. I also make sure that I start grooming a safety to replace Champ Bailey too, who kept getting beat in deep coverage yesterday.

Yeah it was like Chump Bailey in that game. 

Actually DUDE I have said the Colts made the right decision since day 1. I simply added to the discussion. Might want to ask someone else about their "insecurity"

As of 2012 Champ still plays CB. People speculate that he will be moved to safety if that is what you mean.. Moore , the guy the gave up the 70 yarder , is a safety.

As of 2012 Champ still plays CB. People speculate that he will be moved to safety if that is what you mean.. Moore , the guy the gave up the 70 yarder , is a safety.

Yeah, you're right. Champ played CB yesterday not safety. My mistake. Clearly, Champ needed help on Saturday. Why Fox & his coaching staff failed to get him help is beyond me. This game is all about adjustments & Fox dropped the ball on that one...literally. This what I don't get. If a guy on the field can't get the job down, you have a conversation with him... Champ are you having problems out there? Do you need help? Get you bleep together now or I'm sitting you down. I'm trying to win the game. Drop the pride for a minute & tell me can you do this or not? You get 1 more series if you get beat in coverage again, you are out the rest of this game.

I'm a lot more lenient in the regular season vs playoff games...Blind loyalty to veterans can be a coach's achilles heel in the post season. 

http://youtu.be/Kf04zlExM8c

I know that must have been very difficult to say southwest. Unfortunately, I came to this realization several yrs. ago and at that time it also pained me badly to admit that Manning is for lack of a better term, just a choker in the playoffs. For yrs. I argued with Pats fans about that and made every excuse in the world for him and to this day still think if Manning would have had better defenses here in Indy, he would have at least a couple more SB rings.

With that said though, many of Mannings playoff failures are on him. He just gets rattled in the playoffs and makes stupid decisions. we repeatably lost to inferior teams that we should have destroyed in the playoffs but without fail, Manning would let us down. I still really like Manning as a man and as one of the all time great regular season QB's ever. He put Indy on the map in the football world and I will forever be grateful to him as an ex-Colt.

I won't make excuses for him any longer though, now that he is no longer a Colt. I can look more subjectively on his career here and am ecstatic that we now have a QB that seems to have ice water running through his veins come crunch time. I know this seems to be very harsh towards Manning and maybe it is, but it is the way I have felt for several yrs..

Yeah I used to defend Manning too but now that he plays for Denver I can look at him objectively. I can also look at our past playoff losses objectively and clearly see that it was just as much the offenses fault for the playoff losses.

In the 03 AFCCG, Manning through a bevy of pics.

In the 04 divisional round, we scored 3 freaking points againat the Pats. Only THREE!

In 05 the offense was just dead against the Steelers.

Manning played okay in the 06 playoffs.

In 07, I feel Manning played well in the playoffs.

In 08, he couldn't get a first down to seal the game.

In 09, he threw a pick 6 to seal the game.

And in 2010, his last game, I can't really blame Manning.

It's funny how this season was no better or worse than the Manning seasons. We won at least 10 games and went one and done.

The decision to move on from Manning was right.

It's also funny how reminiscent Denver's season was to all of our old seasons with Manning under center.

Let's hope our new Colts do better than the old!