Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags: " Tebow not in our plans "

betheafan41

So tebow isnt going to be a jaguar, and we all know he wont be a Jet, because they are likely to release him if they cant find someone to trade for him.

Teams that could use a QB

- Arizona: they went through three different QB's and none of them have panned out. Kolb shows signs of getting better, then he either A) gets hurt or B) falls apart for a couple games. Skelton cant really complete a pass and is inaccurate and then there is lindley who was a rookie this year BUT really struggled at times.

KC: trading for cassell was suppose to give them their QB for years to come, well that didnt work out to well as he is stay hurt more then he sees playing time. they have brady quinn and stanzi but neither one was able to do anything this year. maybe you could blame the oline for not blocking good and that may be the case but i dont think any one of those three guys is starter material.

Buffalo: there has been talk about buffalo looking for  a QB and could possibly be in on Vick. I guess their not really sold on fitzpatrick getting them into the playoffs. even so, I dont know if any QB can carry them into the playoffs. their whole team is inconsitent. one week they show up the next they dont.

Big question is, can tebow go to any of these three teams and start??? and if so what would be his best option???

my opinion, i think arizona is his better option. he has receivers with fitz, floyd, roberts and a decent run game in ryan williams and beanie wells (if they resign him). their defense with a pick up of a DB and DT should be pretty good next year.

it isnt like tebow has not started before, and he did turn around a bronco team that was facing a season in last place. got them to the playoffs and stood in the pocket long enough in OT to throw a perfect pass that resulted in a long run for a TD. he obviously made his team better and i honestly do not believe he was given a fair chance in new york. some reason they were stuck on sanchez and when they took him out, they put in mccelroy. which really only told me one thing and one thing only. they wanted tebow for the wildcat formation and when teams finally started learning how to stop it they had no use in him anymore. if released tebow could come really cheap.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8833076/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says

So tebow isnt going to be a jaguar, and we all know he wont be a Jet, because they are likely to release him if they cant find someone to trade for him.

Teams that could use a QB

- Arizona: they went through three different QB's and none of them have panned out. Kolb shows signs of getting better, then he either A) gets hurt or B) falls apart for a couple games. Skelton cant really complete a pass and is inaccurate and then there is lindley who was a rookie this year BUT really struggled at times.

KC: trading for cassell was suppose to give them their QB for years to come, well that didnt work out to well as he is stay hurt more then he sees playing time. they have brady quinn and stanzi but neither one was able to do anything this year. maybe you could blame the oline for not blocking good and that may be the case but i dont think any one of those three guys is starter material.

Buffalo: there has been talk about buffalo looking for  a QB and could possibly be in on Vick. I guess their not really sold on fitzpatrick getting them into the playoffs. even so, I dont know if any QB can carry them into the playoffs. their whole team is inconsitent. one week they show up the next they dont.

Big question is, can tebow go to any of these three teams and start??? and if so what would be his best option???

my opinion, i think arizona is his better option. he has receivers with fitz, floyd, roberts and a decent run game in ryan williams and beanie wells (if they resign him). their defense with a pick up of a DB and DT should be pretty good next year.

it isnt like tebow has not started before, and he did turn around a bronco team that was facing a season in last place. got them to the playoffs and stood in the pocket long enough in OT to throw a perfect pass that resulted in a long run for a TD. he obviously made his team better and i honestly do not believe he was given a fair chance in new york. some reason they were stuck on sanchez and when they took him out, they put in mccelroy. which really only told me one thing and one thing only. they wanted tebow for the wildcat formation and when teams finally started learning how to stop it they had no use in him anymore. if released tebow could come really cheap.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8833076/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says

Just saw a clip of Jag's GM saying "I cannot imagine a scenario he is a Jacksonville Jaguar even if he is released." He could be out of the league. Too bad.

Or a HB project? Seriously he needs soften his stance on being a QB because IMO he won't be in the league much longer if he doesn't. So what's your dream Tebow, to play in the NFL or to be a QB?

But imo the guy doesn't just want to play in NFL, he wants to play QB and be a leader and focal point.

Can he play O-line? If so, i'd take him.

He could be a TE on the OL. But he also generates a lot of noise for whatever team he joins. Fans will want to see him throw the football whenever their QB struggles. This has destroyed the career of Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez. I just can see why Broncos ever bothered to trade him away even after a so-called successful season - As great as Manning, in case he struggles due to his injury and familarity with the new team, like the game he played at Atlanta, people would want Tebow to start right away. So very wisely Elway decided to trade Tebow to whoever wanting him and get some value out of him when he still holds some value.

Just saw a clip of Jag's GM saying "I cannot imagine a scenario he is a Jacksonville Jaguar even if he is released." He could be out of the league. Too bad.

Yes BAB, I agree Tebow got a raw deal in NY with the Jets, but he's no QB more like a TE or FB as jvan1973 & Joker suggest. Stick a fork in Tebow he's cooked IMO. 

I totally agree, he has GREAT value as a football player.   ...

I think he would be outstanding as an H Back.

Or a HB project? Seriously he needs soften his stance on being a QB because IMO he won't be in the league much longer if he doesn't. So what's your dream Tebow, to play in the NFL or to be a QB?

I believe he could do some good things at full back. That's how Michael Robinson makes his money, why not Tebow? Robinson was smart enough to realize his qb skills were only college level.

Tebow is a better football player than Robinson..    A lot more possibilities.. 

Hmmm....Instead of Charles Heston demanding to an Egyptian Pharaoh "Let My People Go!" The NFL has let him go. Yeah, I'll buy that...Just Kidding!!!

10_com1.jpg

I love that movie...

Tebow is a better football player than Robinson..    A lot more possibilities.. 

I love that movie...

It's already been established that he is no qb. What other position on offense is there for Tebow other than Fullback? He is not fast enough to be anybodies starting tailback. You certainly are not going to put him at wide out, certainly not on the offensive line. Tight end maybe, but my gut says his hands are not that great. If he can't do that then there's only one area for him on defense and that's linebacker. And I think that possibility is small.

Tebow is as fast as more than half the TE's in this league.

And his "hands are not great?"   He played QB for 2 NCAA NC teams, and a NFL playoff winning team.

C'mon man...    give dude a little credit...    He is no QB, but he is not just a FB.

I totally agree, he has GREAT value as a football player.   ...

I think he would be outstanding as an H Back.

Same here...

And at this point he's probably better off landing with a team that has an etched-in-stone...if you will....premier starting QB so it is clear to him before he sets foot in the locker room that a starting QB gig is just not happening. The Denver situation last spring with Manning was unique and I suspect that before he signed with them....Peyton got an "oh, by the way....the Jets want Tim" from Elway. I'm convinced Peyton wanted ZERO distractions with whatever team he went to.

But somewhere along the line I wouldn't be shocked to see Tebow get a goal-line TD carry for the Pats vs the Jets.

Heck, New England may have been the best fit for him all along.....just not as a 1st round pick.

That probably fact Tony but he can be a leader at any position, I wish he'd realize this.

Still it is much more difficult for a TE or FB to be a leader, compared with that for a QB. If I remember correctly even in his highschool the coaches start to believe he was not a QB material but he never wanted to change.

Same here...

And at this point he's probably better off landing with a team that has an etched-in-stone...if you will....premier starting QB so it is clear to him before he sets foot in the locker room that a starting QB gig is just not happening. The Denver situation last spring with Manning was unique and I suspect that before he signed with them....Peyton got an "oh, by the way....the Jets want Tim" from Elway. I'm convinced Peyton wanted ZERO distractions with whatever team he went to.

But somewhere along the line I wouldn't be shocked to see Tebow get a goal-line TD carry for the Pats vs the Jets.

Heck, New England may have been the best fit for him all along.....just not as a 1st round pick.

We have to understant that the reason teams do not want him is not like he cannot be a good player. Even if he plays TE or FB and be successful, his fans won't like him to just be a TE or FB. They will find every chance for him to play QB and this is annoying for the growth of the actual starting QB.

We have to understant that the reason teams do not want him is not like he cannot be a good player. Even if he plays TE or FB and be successful, his fans won't like him to just be a TE or FB. They will find every chance for him to play QB and this is annoying for the growth of the actual starting QB.

In most cities/fanbases......that might be a problem. I don't believe it would be in New England.

If Tim didn't realize the ACTUAL reason he was dealt from the Broncos....I hope he realizes it now, that is if he wants to continue playing in the NFL.

Peyton Manning doesn't like distractions and drama....none....whether any of it was Tebow's fault or the media's fault or Tebow's fan's fault. And Elway knew it, even if he or Peyton never admit that that was the key reason Tebow was sent packing to NY....because it was.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are no different....and any phone call between Tebow's agent and Belichick would probably end in 10-15 seconds if he has even the faintest illusion of competing with Brady...or even Ryan Mallett for that matter.

However....if he were to come in and publicly acknowledge he's moving into various different roles with the Patriots (other than doomsday emergency QB)....I wouldn't be stunned to see Belichick try it out and most Pats fans would accept it on that level. And Tebow's fans would simply have to accept it as well. It's time for everyone involved to grow up.

Whether Tebow ever gets to that point of reason....who knows?

But as someone who happens to like Tebow for his football toughness as well as his off-field good stuff....I hope he does because I'd rather enjoy seeing him slam thru that arrogant blowhard Rex Ryan's defense for a TD during another New England rout of the Jets.

Yes BAB, I agree Tebow got a raw deal in NY with the Jets, but he's no QB more like a TE or FB as jvan1973 & Joker suggest. Stick a fork in Tebow he's cooked IMO. 

I imagine he is used to special treatments, so being in NY under Rexy might have been a surprise. He was never an NFL QB material and I don't know if he is willing to switch. My guess is he is too attached to being a QB.

I imagine he is used to special treatments, so being in NY under Rexy might have been a surprise. He was never an NFL QB material and I don't know if he is willing to switch. My guess is he is too attached to being a QB.

remember his highschool coaches told him the same and he refused to switch and just wanted to play QB.

Smart move by the GM of the Jags. He does not want to deal with the media circus that Tebow brings to the table. They are in rebuidling mode and to have to deal with Tebow, the fans of Tebow, and the media would be nothing but a headache for a young team.<br

He will not be a starter in this league because the circumstances you need to truly succeeded in this league with him as QB is very hard to replicate. You need a good running game and a good defense that will not let the team fall behind as the offense repeatedly goes three and out. A bad team is not going to have that in place. A good team is going to have a entrenched QB so they will not want to go with Tebow.

Tebow will not want to transfer to another position anyways so not really going to work out for him.

Smart move by the GM of the Jags. He does not want to deal with the media circus that Tebow brings to the table. They are in rebuidling mode and to have to deal with Tebow, the fans of Tebow, and the media would be nothing but a headache for a young team.<br /><br />He will not be a starter in this league because the circumstances you need to truly succeeded in this league with him as QB is very hard to replicate. You need a good running game and a good defense that will not let the team fall behind as the offense repeatedly goes three and out. A bad team is not going to have that in place. A good team is going to have a entrenched QB so they will not want to go with Tebow.<br /><br />Tebow will not want to transfer to another position anyways so not really going to work out for him.

You get the point! And I believe Denver used the tapes of Tebow's games to pursuade Manning to join them - "This D and running game made the playoff with Tebow, you know what you will be able to do."

If a team gave him an honest shot at succeeding - build players for a spread system - he would be in the ProBowl!   But they like many fans are all brainwashed by the media - truly pathetic what the Jets did to him this season even have coaches for the Jets saying the same thing as well.

If a team gave him an honest shot at succeeding - build players for a spread system - he would be in the ProBowl!   But they like many fans are all brainwashed by the media - truly pathetic what the Jets did to him this season even have coaches for the Jets saying the same thing as well.

Amen. I'm pretty sure he's the only QB who was that succesful in college who has people saying he can't be succesful in the pros without giving him an honest shot. He's never been threw even a NFL training camp as the starting QB.

The Jags are dumb. He would help them sell tickets, and the team would do better.

But imo the guy doesn't just want to play in NFL, he wants to play QB and be a leader and focal point.

Doubt that will ever happen.  He's just not really an NFL caliber level QB.  I mean, if the Jets thought Sanchez and McElroy were better than Tebow, he is totally finished in this league as a QB.

You can still be a leader of a team and not be the QB, just look at Adrian Peterson.  Tebow has to accept that he may not be able to play QB in this league and should be more open to accepting whatever role someone wants to use him in.  As an owner of a franchise, I wouldn't want to bring Tebow on my team either because of all the distractions and controversy he brings with him.  Granted its not Tebow's fault that the media chooses to make such a big deal of every team he goes to and tries to spin up the QB controversy, im sure Tebow isn't wanting anything to do with that, but as an owner you have to recognize the reality of the situation. 

I would sign Tebow if I talked with him first and was like, "Look Tim..  You're a great football player and we would love to have you, but your chances of playing QB outside of 3rd string or emergency QB are slim to none.  We want to use you as an H-Back and Tight End, as well as special teams.  If we do sign you, we would hold a press conference saying what position we're signing you for and we would want you to also have a press conference where you acknowledge what your role is coming onto this team so that we can avoid the media circus that would ensue if people thought we were even considering you at QB."

If he wasn't ok with those terms, I would move on and sign someone else.

What? The Jags don't want a third string QB/marginal special teams player? Shocking!!!

Yet that 3rd string QB/marginal special teams player managed to bring the Broncos to the divisional round of the playoffs last year.  The Broncos are as solid as any team in the last 5 years or so in this league.  Manning definitely chose wisely.