•  

Photo

Mike Mularkey as Arians Replacement?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17042 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

He's defintely better than a lot of guys out there, but he doesn't necessarily fit our system.

The best thing going forward would be an OC who uses a-based, spread-passing attack, deploying both quick throws from bunched sets, as well as deep throws. Can't be changing systems with Luck as the QB. Change like this is not good for a young QB.

Change has happened to the best QB's , the best QB's can pick things up do to hard work and  practice, I think Luck would handle it well actually, Its not like he will have the same O Coordinator his whole career anyway, also the best O Coordinators will tie there QB's strength into there system(which Arians failed to do consistently) to make it an easier transition which in turn maximizes the chance for success both for the QB and the team, All my opinion of course

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 9181 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

He's defintely better than a lot of guys out there, but he doesn't necessarily fit our system.

The best thing going forward would be an OC who uses a-based, spread-passing attack, deploying both quick throws from bunched sets, as well as deep throws. Can't be changing systems with Luck as the QB. Change like this is not good for a young QB.

He would be better off with a wco system. He has far more experience with that than arians system

#43 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 915 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

If Arians leaves, Clyde will get the job.

#44 vacolt16

vacolt16
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I, like most of you, hope that Arians stays, but if he gets a HC job and we want to maintain continuity, then how about Randy Fichtner? He has been the QB coach for the Steelers the past two or three years and was the WR coach before that starting in 2007, which means he worked with and under Arians for several years and should know the system. He has OC experience at the college level and he has Purdue connections, albeit several years before Grigson. Lastly, Roethlisberger reportedly wanted Fichtner to replace Arians as Steeler OC after the team let Arians go. Sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me.

#45 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I'd prefer Mularkey over a lot of names that have been thrown around, namely Norv Turner.  I like the idea of Joe Lombardi too.

Lombardi, yes. :)  Mularkey... not so much. ;)

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#46 NCost12

NCost12
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Okay so I found this article that explains how this CFL Coach (Marc Trestman)might go to the bears, however, there still is a possibility that he might not.I also know that last year we had interest in Trestman for HC but we got Chuck instead. Read this article because it seems like this guy for every team hes gone to he has a helped the QB's and offense in a major way and maybe he could be a possibility for OC.
http://nachmanyfootb...tion/#more-1054

Colts fan from New Jersey

#47 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14624 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Okay so I found this article that explains how this CFL Coach (Marc Trestman)might go to the bears, however, there still is a possibility that he might not.I also know that last year we had interest in Trestman for HC but we got Chuck instead. Read this article because it seems like this guy for every team hes gone to he has a helped the QB's and offense in a major way and maybe he could be a possibility for OC.
http://nachmanyfootb...tion/#more-1054

I like Trestman, but I think he's either going to get a head coaching gig or stay in the CFL. This is the second year in a row that he's been on the NFL radar, both times for top spots. If he really wants to come back to the NFL, he can get a head coaching spot, so I think he'll hold out for the best opportunity.

And selfishly speaking, if he did come to the Colts, it would probably be a one or two year deal, and I don't think that's good for the development of our offense. Continuity is important, and you don't want to be switching coordinators every other year with a young quarterback. More important than that is getting the right person, but I do think potential longevity should be part of the equation if we lose Arians.

LET'S HUNT

#48 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1187 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Trestman or Lombardi
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#49 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts