Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Kelly interviews with eagles

jvan1973

Interesting!!  One reason college athletics are so 'messed' up......coaches can lie, run and hide.......and the so-called 'student-athlete has to wait a year on a transfer?  Hipocrisy in it's utmost form.  Here is the ESPN link to jvan's story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

Interesting!!  One reason college athletics are so 'messed' up......coaches can lie, run and hide.......and the so-called 'student-athlete has to wait a year on a transfer?  Hipocrisy in it's utmost form.  Here is the ESPN link to jvan's story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

Yeah that is what drives me crazy. If Kelley takes this job and a kid who he recruited and is a freshman this year cannot leave to go to another school, but Kelley can just run off to another school or career with no problems.

I am really disappointed to hear he is interviewing with them considering what he has done for Notre Dame. It would really hurt to have him run off after finally getting the Irish back the NC game.

Yeah that is what drives me crazy. If Kelley takes this job and a kid who he recruited and is a freshman this year cannot leave to go to another school, but Kelley can just run off to another school or career with no problems.

I am really disappointed to hear he is interviewing with them considering what he has done for Notre Dame. It would really hurt to have him run off after finally getting the Irish back the NC game.

I'm hoping its a play for more money. If not, offer Bob stoops a kings ransom

I am pretty hard core on this one.  I totally agree with you.   I really got 'something' in a ringer over the Bo Ryan (Wisconsin Badger Men's Basketball for those unfamiliar)handling of a student athlete last year....Now if Kelly says (Like they all do) he was not interested in the NFL and goes....I will have had it with the NCAA.  I am at wits end on how 'the kids' get treated(Lies, lies, and more lies).  BTW, I am a Notre Dame fan.   :)

Edited by BrentMc11

After witnessing Brian Kelly's coaching in the title game, I think that (1) Notre Dame would be receiving a blessing in disguise if he left and (2) the Eagles would be making a huge downgrade by going from Andy Reid to him. He gets some credit for the year the team had at ND, but they honestly won in spite of his antics with the QB situation. You don't switch QBs back and forth and he is lucky they continued to win when he was doing that. This idea of the "closer" Tommy Reese was one of the more ridiculous things I had heard in football, especially considering Golsen is better than Reese in every way. Add that to the fact that the team was not ready to play at all in the title game and the fact his offensive gameplan was horrible and I think his stock right now is much higher than it should be.

And I am far from a Notre Dame fan.

Brian Kelly cant leave fast enough....

.all the drunk and disorderly cases he overlooked and slapped on the wrist..

..all the problem issues....they did well this year..but that guy is a used car salesmen and the sooner he leaves ND the better

The same things happen at every school.. Have you forgotten your college days? Tommy and Sam were punished for their actions.

No...jvan check it out.....

Michael Floyd..Tommy Rees...the kid who feel from the tower..

Its not what happened..it was the response....weak..an not concerned..the lack of institutional control.

I'd be happy if Kelly left yesterday

You are in the minority of ND fans. Tommy and Floyd were both punished. They both had multiple things to do in the off season to make it back on the field. Tommy lost his starting job (although i think he would have anyway)

I am in the minority....Jvan....very true...but I am not alone

But I dont trust the guy..one-game suspension for things that folks would be thrown out of ND for 15 years ago...

Bar fights..and they get reinstated after one game..Floyd was a 3-time offender..and he finished his career

I just dont think he's a Notre Dame guy...I hold them to a higher standard than Flordia State or Miami

I dont like Kelly but kids can leave school early, too...ad they can transfer two or three times..and still get on scholarship

I dont see the hypocrisy

I am in the minority....Jvan....very true...but I am not alone

But I dont trust the guy..one-game suspension for things that folks would be thrown out of ND for 15 years ago...

Bar fights..and they get reinstated after one game..Floyd was a 3-time offender..and he finished his career

I just dont think he's a Notre Dame guy...I hold them to a higher standard than Flordia State or Miami

take a look at all the major programs, all schools have the same issues. Plus ND does hold their players to higher standards, have you seen the academic standards they are held to? If you want to compete for national championships, then Brian Kelly is the guy. If you want to go back to Bob Davies and "higher standards" don't complain when they go 7-5.

They all dont have that many issues as ND has had recently...

\

I'm not OK with ND is just like everyplace else..Its not supposed to be.

I'm a life-long ND guy complaining about a guy that's 12-1......Long time ND people do want to go back to higher stanadrds..yes

...and the fact that he's looking elsewhere after 3 years just screams that he's not an ND guy

If he leaves..throw a party

They all dont have that many issues as ND has had recently...

\

I'm not OK with ND is just like everyplace else..Its not supposed to be.

I'm a life-long ND guy complaining about a guy that's 12-1......Long time ND people do want to go back to higher stanadrds..yes

...and the fact that he's looking elsewhere after 3 years just screams that he's not an ND guy

If he leaves..throw a party

Hate to break it to you.. Lou isn't coming back. If they could lure Bob stoops to south bend i would be ecstatic. Other than that, I'm not sure if they can get the coach/recruiter that Kelly is

Hate to break it to you.. Lou isn't coming back. If they could lure Bob stoops to south bend i would be ecstatic. Other than that, I'm not sure if they can get the coach/recruiter that Kelly is

But you have to admit.....your man Kelly is gone..if he's looking for greener pastures after 3 years../ND was a speed bump to him.

I'm not worried about who we had in the past or might have in the future...

This is not an ND guy......and I'm glad he's looking...to get out..

But you have to admit.....your man Kelly is gone..if he's looking for greener pastures after 3 years../ND was a speed bump to him.

I'm not worried about who we had in the past or might have in the future...

This is not an ND guy......and I'm glad he's looking...to get out..

Who is out the that is an nd guy other than tom clements

I dont mean a guy who played there..I mean a guy who respects the discipline and standards....a high character guy

..and a guy who wants to be there long term...The fact that Brian kelly is interviewing for NFL jobs tell us all we need to know about his committment to ND.....right?

Love him or hate him...he clearly wants out....

I dont mean a guy who played there..I mean a guy who respects the discipline and standards....a high character guy

..and a guy who wants to be there long term...The fact that Brian kelly is interviewing for NFL jobs tell us all we need to know about his committment to ND.....right?

Love him or hate him...he clearly wants out....

Charlie did the same thing. Money talks. I don't see philly offering him the job. He has zero nfl experience

Money talks..and Bolsheviks walk....if you get my drift..

I hope you're wrong and him getting the Eagle job......Jvan....

I dont recall another ND coach ever interviewing for NFL jobs BEFORE he was fired by the school..

he's signed through 2016.....maybe he's just trying to leverage more cash from ND...another class move

..but I think he has NFL character....not ND character...and hustling job interviews a few hours after getting blown out in a bowl game speaks volumes about this guy......

just not my kinda guy

Money talks..and Bolsheviks walk....if you get my drift..

I hope you're wrong and him getting the Eagle job......Jvan....

I dont recall another ND coach ever interviewing for NFL jobs BEFORE he was fired by the school..

he's signed through 2016.....maybe he's just trying to leverage more cash from ND...another class move

..but I think he has NFL character....not ND character...and hustling job interviews a few hours after getting blown out in a bowl game speaks volumes about this guy......

just not my kinda guy

do a little digging into Charlie Weis... he did the same thing after his first year.

I am pretty hard core on this one. I totally agree with you. I really got 'something' in a ringer over the Bo Ryan (Wisconsin Badger Men's Basketball for those unfamiliar)handling of a student athlete last year....Now if Kelly says (Like they all do) he was not interested in the NFL and goes....I will have had it with the NCAA. I am at wits end on how 'the kids' get treated(Lies, lies, and more lies). BTW, I am a Notre Dame fan. :)

I hate it too, these kids are the NCAAs money maker and can't make a cent of it. Not even room and board. Meanwhile athletic directors and coaches are rich.

I dont like Kelly but kids can leave school early, too...ad they can transfer two or three times..and still get on scholarship

I dont see the hypocrisy

Make the coaches sit a year out without pay or let kids transfer the year after.  If you do not see the hypocrisy in the NCAA in the 'money sports' (basketball and football) Mark you simply do not know what the word means.  Read the Bo Ryan story.....took me over the edge on this issue....to the point of playing games...ridiculous!

Make the coaches sit a year out without pay or let kids transfer the year after.  If you do not see the hypocrisy in the NCAA in the 'money sports' (basketball and football) Mark you simply do not know what the word means.  Read the Bo Ryan story.....took me over the edge on this issue....to the point of playing games...ridiculous!

Brent....players get free scholarships on potential..They can transfer and play after a year...

They can go d-II and play immediately

Sometimes they get 5th years an even 6th years.......free rook and board

Even if the player is mediocre..he still gets the free education?

If the coach is mediocore..he's fired?

No, hypocrosy is not the right word...

Most of the money in the money sports goes to the players in the form of $120,000 scholarships

Brent....players get free scholarships on potential..They can transfer and play after a year...

Most of the money in the money sports goes to the players in the form of $120,000 scholarships

Most of the money goes to the schools through TV contracts and the NCAA......some schools still have basket weeving 101 for some of these kids.  We all know  NCAA thrives off of the big 2 sports.  The 'student-athlete' is basically a joke today.  I am with ya on one thing, I would have loved that 120K scholarship.  :)

If the Bobby Petrinos and Brian Kelly's can go get their dinero.....kids should be able to transfer the following year.  They also should be able to transfer to the institution of their choice.  Who is slime ball Bobby Petrino to say that 'Billy' cannot play right down the road from his slimy programs and persona or go to the school of his choice?

Its cool to hate dirtbag coaches (Hey, I hate Kelly becuse he's got what you'd call a slimy program, to me)

but tuition is IU is almost $40,000 with room and board.

and the football players get in free...and they dont have to play winning football to stay.

Did you see Purdue on New Year's day....?

58-14....and they still get the scholarship money....

I get a little upset when I hear how college kids are being abused...I wish I'd been abused like that

I could lose 58-14 or go 3-9 for $40,000 a year..coach gets fired but I'm still there chasing Mary from Martinsville

When the coach gets fired his entire contract is paid. And if you really think it costs the school 120,000 dollars to room and board these kids you're crazy. The education costs them nothing.

When the coach gets fired his entire contract is paid. And if you really think it costs the school 120,000 dollars to room and board these kids you're crazy. The education costs them nothing.

the edication is their serive they provide.......and the school charges $40,000 to normal kids

I've heard the education scost them nothing arguement. Very Skip bayless.

That's like saying you shouldnt have to pay $150 to see Springsteen because he's gonna be playing and the seat was there anyway...That's a talk show arguement..

How about you and me trying to take 4 years at ND...with the arguement that the education costs them nothing and the prof was there every day regardless...?

Scholarship athletes are getting a $120,000-160,000 4-year product that you and I cant get unless we pay.

In exchange. they stay on the roster and do the best they can.....and they complain>?

When you're getting a 'gift horse' shut up and ride it..

the edication is their serive they provide.......and the school charges $40,000 to normal kids

That's like saying you shouldnt have to pay $150 to see Springsteen because he's gonna be playing and the seat was there anyway...That's a talk show arguement..

How about you and me trying to take 4 years at ND...with the arguement that the education costs them nothing and the prof was there every day regardless...?

Scholarship athletes are getting a $120,000-160,000 4-year product that you and I cant get unless we pay.

In exchange. they stay on the roster and do the best they can.....and they complain>?

I don't think 80,000 people will show up to watch you and i do our homework every week. Or several million pull up a chair and watch us on TV.. The schools are making millions from these programs.. And if you think is a gift. Ask the kid from rutgers who broke his neck playing and will be paralyzed the rest of his life

I think I will just say I have stated my story....and I'm sticking to it.   :)

It is great to get a 'full ride.'  It is great to have potential....  

College athletics are an enormous moneymaker.....

All I am saying is if coaches can leave and make the big bucks...are fired and keep the big bucks.....athletes should be able to transfer at year end...and where they want.  Count on it as well in time the athlete WILL be paid.....of course that is another story....like the one and done in basketball.  We could argue this topic til the cows come home....we are..... :deadhorse: (that is my least favorite emotioncon btw......)

I am a ND fan, and I find this really low by Kelly. Especially after the "I wouldn't even consider the NFL, I love ND" speech the day before the BCS game. I think it's a play for a raise, but as JMV said today..."after the season they had (blowout in the title game notwithstanding) he could just walk right into Jack Swarbrick's office and ask for one". He has already lost the number one ATH commit to FL, but still has the #3/#4 recruiting class depending on the scouting agency...and this stuff with the NFL, sincere or not, will hurt recruiting and be used against him. Which sucks, b/c they had a good amount of talent coming back and at least until the BCS Title Game, the top ranked recruiting class coming in as well. But if he does bolt, I will lose all respect for the man. Just like I can't stand Saban (I'm not going to be the Alabama HC), and Petrino (too many to list).

Side note, I know they're only 17/18, but it's also pretty crappy that kids are decommiting from ND just b/c they got blown out in the Championship game. It was ND's first time there in 20 years, and Bama's 3rd in 4 years. And it showed, for sure. Yes there is a talent gap. That happens when you get to over-recruit and grayshirt players like SEC schools do, skirting the rules if not violating them outright. And BTW several of these de-commits were before news of Kelly interviewing with the Eagles was broken.

I think I will just say I have stated my story....and I'm sticking to it.   :)

It is great to get a 'full ride.'  It is great to have potential....  

College athletics are an enormous moneymaker.....

All I am saying is if coaches can leave and make the big bucks...are fired and keep the big bucks.....athletes should be able to transfer at year end...and where they want.  Count on it as well in time the athlete WILL be paid.....of course that is another story....like the one and done in basketball.  We could argue this topic til the cows come home....we are..... :deadhorse: (that is my least favorite emotioncon btw......)

I just dont think you are right, Brent...

College athletes are privileged and pampered...compared to you and me

.. there wouldnt be college sports is atheltes could transfer every year and play immediately...

..and there wont be college sports if athletes are paid anything other than a small expense stipend..

Colege athletics are NOT an enormous money maker... Football pays for the other sports...

Coaches are career men and women who get what the market will bear...

......... scholarship athletes are stealing the money...and the ones who are nonscholarship that are in the vast majority