Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

These country boys call themselves "Black and Decker"

chad72

A wonderful story on DT.

These WRs are pretty much all I asked for when we lost to the Saints in the superbowl - some targets that can beat the coverage do not always require Manning to throw 100% accurate. Unfortunately Manning is no longer with Colts, but he has gotten the weapons now. Hope they help him get the trophy he has always deserved.

A wonderful story on DT.

These WRs are pretty much all I asked for when we lost to the Saints in the superbowl - some targets that can beat the coverage do not always require Manning to throw 100% accurate. Unfortunately Manning is no longer with Colts, but he has gotten the weapons now. Hope they help him get the trophy he has always deserved.

That's a good point...Manning throws to guys that arent open now..

..He expects them to wall off the defender like a basketball player getting a rebound..

That's big this week agaionst baltimore's corners

That's a good point...Manning throws to guys that arent open now..

..He expects them to wall off the defender like a basketball player getting a rebound..

That's big this week agaionst baltimore's corners

In the year Manning was with Colts we just never had receivers that were physically stronger or taller or faster than players who cover them. If very average QBs like Matt Staford and Andy Dalton look elite once they have their tall and fast weapons, I just don't believe Manning couldn't take advantage of the gifts and take them to an even higher level.

Fun read! This passage made me laugh:

You might become best friends, too, if you both had to deal with the joy and the hell of playing with a picky perfectionist like Manning every day.

"Our favorite," Decker says, "is when he comes to you on the sideline after you screw up and asks you a question he already knows the answer to. He'll be like, 'Now, on the down and in, are you supposed to cut that up at 5 yards or 7?' And you'll be like, 'Five,' even though you both know you were at 7. And he'll be like, 'Oh, OK. Thanks.'"

People think Manning has done for Decker and Thomas what Madonna did for bras. But they might try looking at it from the other end.

I love that they are getting national recognition. They are smart, hard-working youths, and they will only get better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This is spot on. Small market, and people want to think a St Elmo's steak, the combine and Manning's legacy is enough for people to want to just come to Indy to play. We don't have the night life, climate, roster or tax breaks to incentivize anyone to come here.  So the only way to do it is money.  We would automatically have to mark up every offer we want to make by 5-10% to have a chance at most of the top guys.  And the unfortunate reality of first tier free agents is that their value already gets marked up 20% to that players actual worth, so Ballard is probably out before the real negotiations are even taking place. We can afford to do that move for like ONE marquee player when the roster is ready....but not now, not on a good player who hit free agency because their former team didn't find them important enough to keep them.  We can never fall back on the fact that a we can lure a player here because of external factors.....because those will typically work against us. There was extensive discussion about this on page 48 of this thread. 
    • Yeah, his athleticism is from another planet.     To bad he doesn't believe in it(anything outside of the Earth). That media availability at the combine, didn't help his draft stock.
    • If they stick to that logic:    Tyler Owens SAF Texas Tech 12’2”   The broad jump record of 12 feet and three inches belongs to former Connecticut cornerback Byron Jones, who set the mark in 2015. Jones went on to be a first-round pick and it’s likely in part due to the explosive athleticism he showcased in this very drill.    He almost tied the record for longest broad jump 
    • This. Ballard has already traded a first round pick and got an additional 2nd. He had to trade out of the first round and the 2nd was the following year. I believe it was with Washington.  I’m with you. I highly doubt any team will give up their 1st and 2nd or 3rd for the 15th pick. 
    • Yep Love at first sight is a real thing. Congratulations Anthony and Jada.
  • Members

• krunk

krunk 8,219

• tfunky14

tfunky14 164

• Chucklez

Chucklez 1,044

• VikingsFanInChennai

VikingsFanInChennai 2,572

• Shepman

Shepman 376

• lincolndefan