Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers to name Tom Telesco GM

ColtsBlueFL

Good luck to Tom Telesco, he really paid his dues and earned his stripes, IMO!!! I wish him good luck!!!

Both A.J.Smith and Tom Telesco are the good products of the Bill Polian tree with regards to talent evaluation, if there is one!!! :)

We will find out if Telesco has the temper of either of them when he is DA BOSS!!! I am sure he learnt as much from Polian's mistakes as he did with the successes.

Just listened to the interview with him, I was hoping that we would go out of the organization.  Whatever is systemically wrong needs to have fresh eyes and a willingness to go in a new direction. 

I haven't been around much - work has kept me nailed to the wall with deadlines, plus a crappy season definitely puts the damper on things! 

A belated CONGRATULATIONS to my Colt's friends, you have had an amazing turn around and no team deserves it more.

What do you think of Arians as a potential HC?  Honest opinions sought :thmup:

Audrey

Congrats on getting Tom Telesco.

A belated CONGRATULATIONS to my Colt's friends, you have had an amazing turn around and no team deserves it more.

What do you think of Arians as a potential HC?  Honest opinions sought :thmup:

Audrey

You will get a variety of opinions.  Mine is he handled the HC job under short notice pressure with aplomb.  He will bring an offensive scheme along the lines of Turner, but different than the twists Norv put on the vertical attack scheme. What I have determined is BA adapts usually his game plan well at halftime, and can even perform dual HC/OC duties with effectiveness.

I don't think having tall, high jumping receivers will be as necessary with BA's scheme. Rivers is a vet, and knows the speed of the game and has a good internal clock, so he should thrive in BA's scheme and calls.  Plus he is one tough dude, even if he should take a knock or to delivering the huge play.  Ad BA has shown to adapt the scheme and calls to the ability of the O in time, without neutering the important parts with bite.  If you have a good rushing O line and good RB's, Arians will take advantage of the power running game, especially if it brings up the defenders and opens up the deeper 'chunk' plays.

Many Colts fans, a good portion of those West Coast Offense fans, are not fond of his schemes and play calling.  Lucks just > 54% completion rate, 41+ sacks and 18 interceptions have been blamed directly on BA.  And they want him out, now. I do agree the scheme elevates those less than stellar numbers over a small ball passing WCO, but some of those are on the rookie QB too.  Rivers will likely feel comfortable in the system, IMHO.  And his #'s wont drop off much if at all. They might even improve...  I am not saying that sarcastically either.

I hope B.A. stays on as OC for the Colts, but wish him well wherever he lands, even Sandy-Eggo. :)

Thanks for the perspective, I knew I'd get it straight from this board :-) 

I have to say I really don't have any idea who I want as HC, there are some good options, but I would probably prefer not having a "retread."  But then it's a decision way above my pay grade and knowledge. 

I wasn't a Norve hater.  In fact, I don't really think our losses were as much on Norv as on AJ.  Letting proven players get away, playing ego trip negotiating games, and always trying for the spectacular and surprising draft pick instead of just making consistent, good solid picks that begin to add up and just a FEW of the reasons I'm glad he's gone.   Having a $90+ million quarterback and no one worthy of protecting him... doesn't make much sense.