•  

Photo

Colts Fan Danny Webber Passed Away Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thought people would want to know an update on Danny.

It's been reported that Danny Webber, the man who's dream was fulfilled by the Colts this past October passed away today. RIP Danny, you're an awesome person, and a great Colts fan.

Thank you Luck and Mathis for carrying the team this year, can't wait for next season

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Old Colt

Old Colt
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

RIP Danny;  you and your passion were an inspiration.  Say "Hi" to Johnny U!

#3 colts1993

colts1993
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

RIP DANNY save a spot for me up there;)

#4 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

See you in Heaven some day Mr. Webber! You can introduce me to all the greats up there.

#5 Nostrils

Nostrils
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Rest In Peace! 

#6 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

RIP, Danny!

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#7 Everyone

Everyone
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I tear up everytime I see his face. R.I.P.

#8 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Its only fitting he saw the remainder of the season.. R.I.P

#9 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

RIP Danny. You were a great inspiration to Colts Nation. Thank you as well for your service in the United States Navy! I am truly grateful that you were able to be a part of this amazing season, and see it through to the end. God Bless!

image002.jpg

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11398 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

RIP

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2276 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

RIP Danny !!!  I love watching the video of him attending his first game and getting to meet Andrew and the others !!  Glad the Colts were able to make his dream come true :)

#12 BNS

BNS
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

R.I.P. Mr. Webber....I'm glad you were able to enjoy your dream of attending a game and meeting Andrew Luck.  The Colts organization is first class, all the way.  I'm sure things like this happen at every home game, and it's great!!!

#13 Franklin County

Franklin County
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Prayers to his family and friends. R.I.P.

#14 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

RIP Danny !!!  I love watching the video of him attending his first game and getting to meet Andrew and the others !!  Glad the Colts were able to make his dream come true :)

THat video makes me cry every time. The look on Mr. Webber's face when he meets Andrew is amazing :)

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#15 statewrestlingchampion

statewrestlingchampion
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

His story was part of the magical season we just completed.

#16 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I feel truly blessed to have been able to hear about this great story. i pray that he rests in peace.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#17 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2054 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

RIP!

#18 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

It was a great story and I even choked up seeing him light up when he saw and talking to Andrew. RIP

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#19 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

we lost a great one today guys, from one die hard colt fan to another rest in peace.

"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#20 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Worst news, my prayers go out to him and his family, Have a cold one for ya in my hands **cheers**

#21 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13276 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

RIP Danny.  You were a big inspiration to the Colts and many of their fans.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#22 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

RIP Danny.

#23 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I just showed that to my wife who is now looking like Alice Cooper, and is cursing me for making her cry uncontrollably.  I would have looked like Alice Cooper too, if men wore eye makeup.  There is nothing greater than to witness pure joy.  For that moment, you see joy.  What a great story, what a great man.  Thanks for posting that. 

#24 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2793 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

RIP Danny  and I too am glad that you got to meek Mr Luck and had first class treatment  at your first Colts Game. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Thank you Mr Irsay for making his wish come true.

#25 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I feel really bad, but I don't know who he was, can someone please enlighten me?
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#26 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 2788 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Fair winds and following seas, Danny....RIP

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#27 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2802 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm glad to see he got to experience the whole magical ride this season was. Now he'll have the best seat in the house at Lucas Oil Stadium for every Colts game from here on out. On a sidenote, I think it would be a good gesture to send the comments from this thread to the family, would anyone know the best way to accomplish that?
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#28 Coltsfan911

Coltsfan911
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Rest in Peace Mr. Webber my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.  I am glad that the Colts were able to grant Danny his last wish by meeting Andrew Luck, Coach Pagano and many other of the Colts players,   I was at the Jaguars game that Mr. Webber attended it was touching the way he was treated by everyone that day.

#29 Coltsfan911

Coltsfan911
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Dan Webber
Webster Dan Webber, 74, of Knightstown, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, at Heritage House of Greensburg following an extended illness. He was born Oct. 19, 1938, in New Castle, the son of Darwin and Laura (Lisher) Webber.

Dan retired from Indiana Knitwear in Greenfield after 30 years of service. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy Seabees serving from 1955 to 1961. He was an avid Colts fan, founder of the Knightstown Crime Watch and a member of the Knightstown American Legion Post 152. Dan was also an avid fisherman and fished in many bass tournaments. He was appointed a state and area representative for American Bass Fisherman. He caught his first big bass at the age of 10 and continued to land big ones in his career of Pro Bass Fishing.

Dan is survived by: Ramona Webber; children: Joe Siler, Cindy Webber, Michael Evans, Tina Outt, Bobby (Brenda) Eoff; grandchildren: Jonas, Jessica, Tyler (Melissa) Outt, Allison (Justin) Cart, Bradley Elliott, Bryce & Breanna Eoff, Michelle Evans; great grandchildren: Andrew Patrick, Daymin Outt, Bailey Outt, Prescot Outt and Brandon Burk Jr.; and a cousin: Pat Snider.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a daughter: Pam Thomas.

Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at Hinsey-Brown Funeral Service Knightstown Chapel with Pastor Steve Rayburn officiating. Burial will follow in Glen Cove Cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by the Knightstown American Legion and an active duty contingent of the U.S. Navy. Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. Friday. You may express a condolence or share a memory of Dan at www.hinsey-brown.com.

Jan. 9, 2013

#30 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Great....now I can't breath through my nose.....

Sail on, Colt brother.....

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#31 Ryan Pelley

Ryan Pelley
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I pray that this doesn't turn into #dannystrong.

#32 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6725 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

RIP Danny....

So glad your last year was such a wonderful year for the Colts and for you to enjoy!    And glad you also got meet Andrew!

Now you get to watch the rest of the Colts games from the Best Seats in the House!!!

#33 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

RIP Danny

Glad he got to see one last Colts season before he passed.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#34 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16351 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Rest in peace Danny, glad we got to hear your story and that you got to live out a dream

#35 MIColtsFan

MIColtsFan
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Beautiful story, beautiful person. May he rest in peace and may his family and care takers find comfort knowing he enjoyed this past Colts season andto have lived a good life. God Bless those care takers, what wonderful people.

Quotable Robert Mathis -The best advice I have ever received is: "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it" My motto is:"Everything happens for a reason" My autobiography would be titled:"Successful Yet Humble"

#36 Old Colt

Old Colt
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I just showed that to my wife who is now looking like Alice Cooper, and is cursing me for making her cry uncontrollably.  I would have looked like Alice Cooper too, if men wore eye makeup.  There is nothing greater than to witness pure joy.  For that moment, you see joy.  What a great story, what a great man.  Thanks for posting that. 

DITTO!

#37 AntonMcG

AntonMcG

AntonMcG

• 1486 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

RIP

#38 sb2001

sb2001
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Andrew Luck was very lucky to have met you!

God speed Danny, God speed

WHY NOT US!

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Apr
    sb41champs

Make a Point to Do Something This Week to Be a Better Steward of the Earth the Good Lord Blessed Us With !!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates