Photo

Demarcus Ware

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3497 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

PFT reports that the Cowboys are considering a switch to a 4-3 after firing ryan.If that were to happen, chances are Ware would be on the outs. If he were to be, do you think we should be interested?
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1896 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

PFT reports that the Cowboys are considering a switch to a 4-3 after firing ryan.If that were to happen, chances are Ware would be on the outs. If he were to be, do you think we should be interested?

Um, yes?

Edit: 

Though I still see no reason why Dallas would move him.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#3 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4133 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

In a roundabout way and not really a trade but.... Freeney for Ware?

#4 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1896 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

In a roundabout way and not really a trade but.... Freeney for Ware?

Freeney's a free agent.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

#5 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3497 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Um, yes?

Edit: 

Though I still see no reason why Dallas would move him.

I don't think he would enjoy, or be overly productive in the 4-3.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#6 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Sure 

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#7 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1896 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I don't think he would enjoy, or be overly productive in the 4-3.

I think a good edge rusher can be productive in nearly every system, especially going from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

#8 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't know why they would get rid of Ware just because they are switching to a 4-3. He can play DE in a 4-3, he is basically just a pass rusher anyway so he would be quite effective as a 4-3 DE.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#9 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3600 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

If they go 4-3 they would be instantly on Freeney.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#10 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6116 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I don't know why they would get rid of Ware just because they are switching to a 4-3. He can play DE in a 4-3, he is basically just a pass rusher anyway so he would be quite effective as a 4-3 DE.

Yeah, I agree.  I don't get where people keep saying that such and such player is a 4-3 DE only and couldn't play OLB in a 3-4 and vice versa.  Both positions essentially require rushing the passer and setting the edge on running plays.  The biggest difference is that the 3-4 OLB may be required to drop into zone coverage a little more often than a 4-3 DE would but 4-3 DE's (and DT's for that matter) also drop into zone coverage on occasion.

I really don't see Dallas letting Ware go unless it comes down to a money/cap issue.  I highly doubt it would be a scheme issue.  That said, if the were to let him go then yeah, I think we should give him a good look.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 was a great day for the State of Indiana!

#11 dw49

dw49
  • 3921 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Freeney's a free agent.

I think the poster means we would be replacing Freeney with Ware. Other words we don't resign Freeney and we somehow acquire Ware. He has 3 years left on a 79 million $ deal with 40 mill guaranteed. So pretty unkiely a trade would work out. 

#12 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12531 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I was not a-WARE the Moo-Moo-boys were going to get rid of their best player on defense rotflmao  but if they did.....I would want him Wareing a Colts state of the art Demarcus Ware number 94 jersey  :Wooo: .....of course a weary(pronounced warey) Mario Harvey would have to ware another Colt jersey or ware civilian clothes before waring another NFL jersey. :slaphead:   I am wared out....gonna take a nap :sleepy: .......this is Nap-town ya know....if ya weren't a-Ware. :lecture:  :smack:  :wall:  :blah: (I know right? :)) :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#13 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't see Ware wanting out because the Cowboys are moving to a 4-3 defense.

#14 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8216 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Ware would simply put a hand on the turf and become the Cowboys pass rushing Right Defensive End.

If the Cowboys blow up their system and put themselves in a position where their best player, a potential future Hall of Famer,  is no longer a good fit,  then they're more dysfunctional than we already think they are....

#15 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1306 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ware would simply put a hand on the turf and become the Cowboys pass rushing Right Defensive End.

If the Cowboys blow up their system and put themselves in a position where their best player, a potential future Hall of Famer,  is no longer a good fit,  then they're more dysfunctional than we already think they are....

Considering the owner is Jerry Jones and the GM is Jerry Jones, anything is possible.  He is Al Davis 2.0

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#16 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think people need to realize that the switch from 3-4 to 4-3 is much much easier than the other way around. Virtually anybody that plays in a 3-4 defense can easily make the switch to a 4-3. Yeah, there may be a few players that are better suited to play a 3-4 and the other way around, but a 6'3" 260 lb OLBer in a 3-4 can easily make the transition to a 4-3 DE. Virtually a seamless transition.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#17 Marcio James

Marcio James
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

great idea

#18 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4645 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Jerry Jones is great at blowing up good things, so I wouldn't be surprised at him doing something like getting rid of Ware.

#19 luckyblue

luckyblue
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

NO WAY DALLAS IS GETTING RID OF WARE HE'S A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER!

#20 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3312 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Ware would make a GREAT 4-3 end.
An off year with 56 tackles 11.5 sacks
Freeney 12 tackles 5 sacks

#21 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4133 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Freeney's a free agent.

I know, hence why not really a trade, but of they do swap schemes id imagine he's on their radar. If they deem Ware not able to fit a 4-3, which I doubt, I'm sure we would be interested. So in effect swapping but not being a trade.

Sorry for not making that clearer, it just struck me as ironic if it did happen.

#22 GoodLuck

GoodLuck
  • Banned
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Is this a joke thread? Ware played 4-3 in college. He's not going anywhere.

#23 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Ware can play in a 4-3 he was a 4-3 DE at Troy. 

#24 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4133 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Is this a joke thread? Ware played 4-3 in college. He's not going anywhere.

If it was any other team I'd 100% agree, with Jerry Jones.... who knows? 

#25 krunk

krunk
  • 3753 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

They would be absolutely drunk on moonshine to get rid of Ware.

#26 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

There is no way Dallas is getting rid of Ware. He is a Cowboy for life.

Jerry Jones is pretty stupid, but he's not that stupid, or maybe he is. I just don't see them getting rid of Ware.

okv09w.jpg

#27 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4133 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

They do need some cap room freeing up in 2013 (-18.2 Mill?) but still you'd have to be pretty stupid to let Ware go. 

#28 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

As much as I like Ware, he is getting up there in age. 

Also his salary is HUGE! I wouldn't take on his salary when we have a lot of holes to fill this offseason.

And the Cowboys fans would turn on the organization if they let Ware go.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (14)
View All Updates