Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Waylon

Demarcus Ware

28 posts in this topic

PFT reports that the Cowboys are considering a switch to a 4-3 after firing ryan.If that were to happen, chances are Ware would be on the outs. If he were to be, do you think we should be interested?

PFT reports that the Cowboys are considering a switch to a 4-3 after firing ryan.If that were to happen, chances are Ware would be on the outs. If he were to be, do you think we should be interested?

Um, yes?

Edit: 

Though I still see no reason why Dallas would move him.

In a roundabout way and not really a trade but.... Freeney for Ware?

Freeney's a free agent.

Um, yes?

Edit: 

Though I still see no reason why Dallas would move him.

I don't think he would enjoy, or be overly productive in the 4-3.

I don't think he would enjoy, or be overly productive in the 4-3.

I think a good edge rusher can be productive in nearly every system, especially going from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

3 people like this

I don't know why they would get rid of Ware just because they are switching to a 4-3. He can play DE in a 4-3, he is basically just a pass rusher anyway so he would be quite effective as a 4-3 DE.

2 people like this

If they go 4-3 they would be instantly on Freeney.

I don't know why they would get rid of Ware just because they are switching to a 4-3. He can play DE in a 4-3, he is basically just a pass rusher anyway so he would be quite effective as a 4-3 DE.

Yeah, I agree.  I don't get where people keep saying that such and such player is a 4-3 DE only and couldn't play OLB in a 3-4 and vice versa.  Both positions essentially require rushing the passer and setting the edge on running plays.  The biggest difference is that the 3-4 OLB may be required to drop into zone coverage a little more often than a 4-3 DE would but 4-3 DE's (and DT's for that matter) also drop into zone coverage on occasion.

I really don't see Dallas letting Ware go unless it comes down to a money/cap issue.  I highly doubt it would be a scheme issue.  That said, if the were to let him go then yeah, I think we should give him a good look.

2 people like this

Freeney's a free agent.

I think the poster means we would be replacing Freeney with Ware. Other words we don't resign Freeney and we somehow acquire Ware. He has 3 years left on a 79 million $ deal with 40 mill guaranteed. So pretty unkiely a trade would work out. 

I was not a-WARE the Moo-Moo-boys were going to get rid of their best player on defense rotflmao  but if they did.....I would want him Wareing a Colts state of the art Demarcus Ware number 94 jersey  :Wooo: .....of course a weary(pronounced warey) Mario Harvey would have to ware another Colt jersey or ware civilian clothes before waring another NFL jersey. :slaphead:   I am wared out....gonna take a nap :sleepy: .......this is Nap-town ya know....if ya weren't a-Ware. :lecture:  :smack:  :wall:  :blah: (I know right? :)) :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!!

4 people like this

I don't see Ware wanting out because the Cowboys are moving to a 4-3 defense.

Ware would simply put a hand on the turf and become the Cowboys pass rushing Right Defensive End.

If the Cowboys blow up their system and put themselves in a position where their best player, a potential future Hall of Famer,  is no longer a good fit,  then they're more dysfunctional than we already think they are....

2 people like this

Ware would simply put a hand on the turf and become the Cowboys pass rushing Right Defensive End.

If the Cowboys blow up their system and put themselves in a position where their best player, a potential future Hall of Famer,  is no longer a good fit,  then they're more dysfunctional than we already think they are....

Considering the owner is Jerry Jones and the GM is Jerry Jones, anything is possible.  He is Al Davis 2.0

I think people need to realize that the switch from 3-4 to 4-3 is much much easier than the other way around. Virtually anybody that plays in a 3-4 defense can easily make the switch to a 4-3. Yeah, there may be a few players that are better suited to play a 3-4 and the other way around, but a 6'3" 260 lb OLBer in a 3-4 can easily make the transition to a 4-3 DE. Virtually a seamless transition.

great idea

Jerry Jones is great at blowing up good things, so I wouldn't be surprised at him doing something like getting rid of Ware.

1 person likes this

Ware would make a GREAT 4-3 end.

An off year with 56 tackles 11.5 sacks

Freeney 12 tackles 5 sacks

Freeney's a free agent.

I know, hence why not really a trade, but of they do swap schemes id imagine he's on their radar. If they deem Ware not able to fit a 4-3, which I doubt, I'm sure we would be interested. So in effect swapping but not being a trade.

Sorry for not making that clearer, it just struck me as ironic if it did happen.

Is this a joke thread? Ware played 4-3 in college. He's not going anywhere.

If it was any other team I'd 100% agree, with Jerry Jones.... who knows? 

1 person likes this

They would be absolutely drunk on moonshine to get rid of Ware.

There is no way Dallas is getting rid of Ware. He is a Cowboy for life.

Jerry Jones is pretty stupid, but he's not that stupid, or maybe he is. I just don't see them getting rid of Ware.

They do need some cap room freeing up in 2013 (-18.2 Mill?) but still you'd have to be pretty stupid to let Ware go. 

As much as I like Ware, he is getting up there in age. 

Also his salary is HUGE! I wouldn't take on his salary when we have a lot of holes to fill this offseason.

And the Cowboys fans would turn on the organization if they let Ware go.