Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

have a question about game against Ravens

Jay Roland

After letting the loss set in i have a question. On the 4th & 1 where we got the pass intercepted why did we call a formation with no RB? it seems to me that it showed the Ravens it was a pass play all the way and they could put more men in coverage that way. If we had at least a RB they had to respect the fact we might run it. If we could have scored there the game may or may not have turned out different but it was just a moment to me that i just don't understand. can anyone explain to me why that formation was called.

In theory it is supposed to force the Ravens to play Man to Man across the board and exploit a blitz package to "the big play."  Our line was not equipped to handle their 'man' responsibilities even without going empty backfield....thus Luck probably forced the issue like he and other rookies have done many times before.  I am trying to visualize that specific play......whether Luck did force it...or aim it as I like to say.

If someone can capture and post we could discuss even more as to actual blocking assignments etc.????   :thmup: