Photo

Walter Football Colts Mock Rds 1-4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 7173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Here is who Walter Football has us selecting as of today for rounds 1-4.

1) Johnathan Cooper OG North Carolina
3) Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State
4) Jamar Taylor CB Boise State

I'm pretty sure you all know the first two picks but here is something on Jamar Taylor
http://www.idahostat...dedication.html

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2607 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Any idea where Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers is listed? I'd love to snag him in the 3rd

#3 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 7173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Any idea where Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers is listed? I'd love to snag him in the 3rd

They have him as the 1st pick in the 4th round

#4 FalseStart

FalseStart
  • 580 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Colts Option 1. Offensive

1. Cooper

3. Warford

4. Dri Archer or Kenon Barner

FA: Long (OT) Fitzgerald (WR)

Colts Option 2. Defensive

1.  Mingo or Jenkins

3. Reed, Elam, Amerson, Arthur Brown, Chase Daniels, McDonald

4. Beast Available...

FA: Long (OL) Vollmer (OL)

Option #3

1. Trade pick for 2014 1st RD pick 

3. Warford

4. Dri Archer or Kenon Barner 

FA: Long (OL) Vollmer (OL)

#5 iM COLTSSTRONG

iM COLTSSTRONG
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

1st - Rhodes or Jordan

3rd - Jenkins(If we dont get Jordan), or Warford

4th - Rambo

FA

Byrd - Think of the combo of Bethea and Byrd 

Long, Clady, Vollmer, Levitre, Vasquez (At least 1, if not 2 of these guys, perfer Clady the most)

Barwin?

Maybe 1 of these guys if we get them for right price - Jenkins, Cox, Grimes or DRC (Jenkins seems most likely of the bunch. Will Cox ever play a full season? Grimes would be decent if he can regain his form and stay healthy, Pagano might be able to salvage DRC)

Henry Melton? - had a impressive year

Thoughts?

Keep

Butler - Slot/Depth

Avery - for cheap

BOOMstick!!! - One of the best punters. nuff said 

#6 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 9039 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I think the stories I've seen have him projected (for right now) as a 2nd round pick.

If he slips to the 3rd, he'd have to fall all the way to us at the bottom.     That'd be a long, long fall.

Be nice if he gets there...   kid is supposed to be pretty good...

#7 MadsKabell

MadsKabell
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Not sure i like the idea of Clady/Long they will demand a huge contract. Think AC is a more than serviceable LT, and we don't need to pay two guys LT money. We have a lot of money, but they should be spent wisely. If we could get Vollmer, and Vasquez or Levitre, that would make me happy. Byrd would be amazing. I would go Anthony Spencer or Connor Barwin if we don't retain Freeney.

Bit too soon for the draft, in my opinion, but guys like Xavier Rhodes, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, those LSU DEs, or Eric Fisher would be nice additions. Not saying they're all there, but you never know, anything can happen on draftday.

#8 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6598 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

1st - Rhodes or Jordan

3rd - Jenkins(If we dont get Jordan), or Warford

4th - Rambo

FA

Byrd - Think of the combo of Bethea and Byrd 

Long, Clady, Vollmer, Levitre, Vasquez (At least 1, if not 2 of these guys, perfer Clady the most)

Barwin?

Maybe 1 of these guys if we get them for right price - Jenkins, Cox, Grimes or DRC (Jenkins seems most likely of the bunch. Will Cox ever play a full season? Grimes would be decent if he can regain his form and stay healthy, Pagano might be able to salvage DRC)

Henry Melton? - had a impressive year

Thoughts?

Keep

Butler - Slot/Depth

Avery - for cheap

BOOMstick!!! - One of the best punters. nuff said 

I'd be thrilled if we could get all of the players in Bold (choosing only one between Mike Jenkins and DRC though).  I'd be happy bringing in Conner Barwin but would give preference to Anthony Spencer or Paul Kruger.  Melton could be a good addition for the right price.  I'm sure he could play 5 tech and would be great at 3 tech rotation.  I'd add Antonio Johnson (for the right price) to your keep list.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#9 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

I saw an article where he snuck into the last pick of the 1st round. Sounds like he's climbing up draft boards. I'm sure that will be clarified in the combine. 

2013 AFC South Champs

#10 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3198 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

warmack is the only offensive player worth taking in the 1st round. if he's gone which i think he will then dion jordan,xavier rhodes rhodes, or matt elam would be my other options.

#11 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Staying away from Jordan for 2 reasons

1.Simply not enough production for me to warrant a 1st  round pick 

2.Biggest reason-Torn Labrum that he is going to have surgery on

My opinion-dont be surprised if he is still around by the 3rd round mainly because of the torn labrum

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Dec
    Nadine

First new years resolution done. Cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Now, on to learning cell numbers for family members. i really do not know them, I just use my cell so I never dial anymore.

• Photo
      20 Dec
    radiogirl

Nothing is more gratifying than doing something for someone else. Brent and I had a long to do list today. Instead, we made an unplanned visit to the hospital. Nothing feeds the soul like helping others. Hang in there Prisha! You are loved!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates