Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HtownColt

Walter Football Colts Mock Rds 1-4

11 posts in this topic

Any idea where Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers is listed? I'd love to snag him in the 3rd

They have him as the 1st pick in the 4th round

Colts Option 1. Offensive

1. Cooper

3. Warford

4. Dri Archer or Kenon Barner

FA: Long (OT) Fitzgerald (WR)

Colts Option 2. Defensive

1.  Mingo or Jenkins

3. Reed, Elam, Amerson, Arthur Brown, Chase Daniels, McDonald

4. Beast Available...

FA: Long (OL) Vollmer (OL)

Option #3

1. Trade pick for 2014 1st RD pick 

3. Warford

4. Dri Archer or Kenon Barner 

FA: Long (OL) Vollmer (OL)

1st - Rhodes or Jordan

3rd - Jenkins(If we dont get Jordan), or Warford

4th - Rambo

FA

Byrd - Think of the combo of Bethea and Byrd 

Long, Clady, Vollmer, Levitre, Vasquez (At least 1, if not 2 of these guys, perfer Clady the most)

Barwin?

Maybe 1 of these guys if we get them for right price - Jenkins, Cox, Grimes or DRC (Jenkins seems most likely of the bunch. Will Cox ever play a full season? Grimes would be decent if he can regain his form and stay healthy, Pagano might be able to salvage DRC)

Henry Melton? - had a impressive year

Thoughts?

Keep

Butler - Slot/Depth

Avery - for cheap

BOOMstick!!! - One of the best punters. nuff said 

Any idea where Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers is listed? I'd love to snag him in the 3rd

I think the stories I've seen have him projected (for right now) as a 2nd round pick.

If he slips to the 3rd, he'd have to fall all the way to us at the bottom.     That'd be a long, long fall.

Be nice if he gets there...   kid is supposed to be pretty good...

Not sure i like the idea of Clady/Long they will demand a huge contract. Think AC is a more than serviceable LT, and we don't need to pay two guys LT money. We have a lot of money, but they should be spent wisely. If we could get Vollmer, and Vasquez or Levitre, that would make me happy. Byrd would be amazing. I would go Anthony Spencer or Connor Barwin if we don't retain Freeney.

Bit too soon for the draft, in my opinion, but guys like Xavier Rhodes, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, those LSU DEs, or Eric Fisher would be nice additions. Not saying they're all there, but you never know, anything can happen on draftday.

1st - Rhodes or Jordan

3rd - Jenkins(If we dont get Jordan), or Warford

4th - Rambo

FA

Byrd - Think of the combo of Bethea and Byrd 

Long, Clady, Vollmer, Levitre, Vasquez (At least 1, if not 2 of these guys, perfer Clady the most)

Barwin?

Maybe 1 of these guys if we get them for right price - Jenkins, Cox, Grimes or DRC (Jenkins seems most likely of the bunch. Will Cox ever play a full season? Grimes would be decent if he can regain his form and stay healthy, Pagano might be able to salvage DRC)

Henry Melton? - had a impressive year

Thoughts?

Keep

Butler - Slot/Depth

Avery - for cheap

BOOMstick!!! - One of the best punters. nuff said 

I'd be thrilled if we could get all of the players in Bold (choosing only one between Mike Jenkins and DRC though).  I'd be happy bringing in Conner Barwin but would give preference to Anthony Spencer or Paul Kruger.  Melton could be a good addition for the right price.  I'm sure he could play 5 tech and would be great at 3 tech rotation.  I'd add Antonio Johnson (for the right price) to your keep list.

I saw an article where he snuck into the last pick of the 1st round. Sounds like he's climbing up draft boards. I'm sure that will be clarified in the combine. 

warmack is the only offensive player worth taking in the 1st round. if he's gone which i think he will then dion jordan,xavier rhodes rhodes, or matt elam would be my other options.

Staying away from Jordan for 2 reasons

1.Simply not enough production for me to warrant a 1st  round pick 

2.Biggest reason-Torn Labrum that he is going to have surgery on

My opinion-dont be surprised if he is still around by the 3rd round mainly because of the torn labrum

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

•       Dang right!  I already have my "Fire BPRoland!!" thread penned, and a twitchy finger on the Submit Reply button...      .   .   .      \     Just caught up on this thread... nice job folks.
    •   Going back to 2013 (because we can't count 2012 on Chuck's resume can we?) in the 1st Qtr the points differential breaks down as:   Positive: 27 Games Even: 11 Games Negative: 26 Games   Surprising... 
    • "Where'd you get it? [A dreamweaver hanging off a Kia Sorento's rear view mirror]. My ex girlfriend. Ex girlfriend? What happened? Was she cramping your style? Did she have too much [emotional] baggage? Did your mom hate her?"    "I'm Coby Bryant. Coby plays basketball. Yeah, I know. I just meant that I was the Coby Bryant of tennis...If you never called it quits [Darren], you could have been as good as Tiger. Tiger Woods plays golf. I know. I just meant like the Tiger Woods of tennis."    "Do you remember when I played with Dash Stevens? He was the worst. You're way better than him [brother]."   "Look at you...You still haven't made a move for her since the Fifth grade...You want me want me to hook you up with that sweet caboose?"    The following quotes are taken from a 2014 comedy that revolves around the sport of tennis. Doubles Men's tennis to be exact called "Break Point" directed by Jay Karas. This 1 hour & 30 minute picture is self explanatory with no real left turns in it that will surprise or astonish you overall. Here, in a nutshell, is the plot: An older brother named Jimmy [Jeremy Sisto] is a wise cracking alcoholic & womanizer who desperately wants to return to the professional tennis circuit. There's only 1 problem: Nobody & I do mean nobody wants to coach or partner with Jimmy on the court. He's burned a lot of bridges. You submit a name & there's a good chance Jimmy screwed them over in some form or fashion. Actually, to be more specific, Jimmy needs to win matches as an amateur in Palm Springs, Florida to even get a shot at competing in the US Open as an unranked player. Hades, Jimmy even did a horrible thing to his younger sibling named Darren [David Walton]. He dumped his doubles partner & teacher for an instructor named Dak Stevens that Darren never saw coming several years ago so there's definitely some bad blood there or at least a huge unresolved grudge anyway.    Darren is in his 30's, divorced, & a substitute teacher in NY City. Did I mention that an 11 yr old student named Barry [Joshua Rush] follows him around like a lost puppy on the cusp of Summer Vacation? What's funny is this kid is always grilling Darren with questions & my first quote at the start of this review is reminiscent of an expert on relationship advice except for the fact that Barry hasn't hit puberty yet. Barry lives with his grandmother since his biological mother can't raise her son or won't due to an addiction problem or she likes to party too much instead of being a responsible parent. Obviously Barry is looking for a father figure mentor in his life & he has chosen Barry to fill that rather large void. Darren reluctantly offers to teach Barry some pointers on tennis every Thursday afternoon. A tall undertaking since Barry's hand eye coordination appears to require considerable work.    Jimmy & Darren's dad is a local animal veterinarian named Jack played by the always believable JK Simmons.  Jack's primary assistant is a pretty blond woman named Heather [Amy Smart]. Darren has always had a serious crush on Heather since he was little growing up in the same neighborhood. He just gets tongue tied around her using any excuse to avoid her. Heather has always had an attraction to Darren as well & she finds his nervousness around her charming & cute. You know the links Darren will go to not get flustered near her like listening to Billy Joel in his car. Stuff like that.    Barry is a good kid who wears loud outfits with flamboyant colors on them. Jimmy, on the other hand, reminds us all of the legendary John McEnroe always complaining with judges & competitors over whether the ball landed in our out. I kept hearing that song by Asia 'Soul Survivor' in my head written about John's unlikely return from a devastating injury in his tennis career.    "...And from the wreckage I will arise
      Cast the ashes back in their eyes
      See the fire, I will defend
      Just keep on burning right to the end."    Basically, we all know what's gonna happen here. Darren & Jimmy show Barry that his mother's erratic behavior isn't his fault, how to stand up for himself, & that some people just can't be saved no matter how much you try to help them or make things right. They, the brothers, don't make the US Open cut, but Darren finally grows a backbone & asks Heather out at match point with her no good, high maintenance boyfriend sitting right next to her. A bold, & yet never before seen jolt of public confidence from Darren that paid off in the end. Sweet.    Break Point is far from sophisticated or even elaborate for that matter. I just liked it because of the 2 brothers & Barry. A motley crew that just works. It's just interesting to see a crass guy, a refined guy, & a naive kid with hardly any world experience hang out together & give 1 another a boost of confidence, self-worth, & testosterone. Let's roll with a B- here.        I like this Joe Walsh/James Gang song "Walk Away" since Jimmy preferred to walk away from responsibility or hard work when obstacles presented themselves until about the last 25 minutes of this flick.     [One of the best drum covers I have ever heard actually really tight.]     
    • Slow starts. We were leading by the end of Q1 on more occasions than we were losing last year. 
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.