Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Ryan

scootermac23

.??? Are confusing Rob Ryan with someone else.
Well, if you've really got that kind of money, I gotta ask you one favor......

Please never buy the Colts.

I'll ask the other favors later.

Based on what, other than his last name?

Oops I was thinking of Rex Ryan.

Man Jerry Jones lives on another planet. ROMO should get the axe, not Ryan.

No Ryans in Indy please.

Romo = Choke-mo.

I think he's a great fantasy draft pickup, but in the real world he is a major letdown.

Yup, when the stakes are highest & the spotlight is brightest Romo does choke. I don't know why so many people dislike Rob Ryan so much. The man is innovate & aggressive on defense & I love that. Rob is not a carbon copy of his crazy sideshow show brother Rex. People tie character flaws to Rob that just aren't fair or reasonable IMO. His defense as a DC in Cleveland under then HC Eric Mangini soundly beat NE. The man can coach defense IMHO. 

I posted this in another topic, but I agree with everything Stephen A. Smith said here:

http://youtu.be/SDoS0SRHhts

I can really see Rob Ryan coaching in Jacksonville if this story is true. If the Jags are likely to higher an offensive coordinator from San Fran as head coach, then I think it may be safe to assume that he will likely seek a DC who is versed in the hybrid 3-4. I'm sure he will certainly want his defense to mimick what they had in San Fran.

Jaguars | Mike Mularkey likely on way out Wed Jan 9, 12:03 AM

The Jacksonville Jaguars are likely to announce they are parting ways with head coach Mike Mularkey this week after hiring David Caldwell to serve as their general manager. San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, who is a former college roommate of Caldwell, is believed to be the favorite for the head coaching job if it indeed opens up.

Our view: Mularkey has only been on the job for one year but Jacksonville is looking to start fresh with their new GM.

Link to story https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/288786912288833536

I like Rob Ryan a lot. I don't think he is coming here though.

I bet Pags would love to have him here.

What's your beef with Rob lol?

I agree 100% House. Just like a locker room, I don't want all saints & choir boys in the building or on the sidelines. Different personalities push buttons, push the envelope, & push the team toward perfection & the Promiseland. Not every guy responds to cute & cuddly reassurance okay. I like rebels & I always will. The key here is a nice blend of saints, sinners, average joes, & hard workers.  

I can really see Rob Ryan coaching in Jacksonville if this story is true. If the Jags are likely to higher an offensive coordinator from San Fran as head coach, then I think it may be safe to assume that he will likely seek a DC who is versed in the hybrid 3-4. I'm sure he will certainly want his defense to mimick what they had in San Fran.

Jaguars | Mike Mularkey likely on way out Wed Jan 9, 12:03 AM

The Jacksonville Jaguars are likely to announce they are parting ways with head coach Mike Mularkey this week after hiring David Caldwell to serve as their general manager. San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, who is a former college roommate of Caldwell, is believed to be the favorite for the head coaching job if it indeed opens up.

Our view: Mularkey has only been on the job for one year but Jacksonville is looking to start fresh with their new GM.

Link to story https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/288786912288833536

I could see Rex in Jacksonville or Kansas City myself. Thanks for your open minded attitude about Rob Ryan Krunk. I appreciate that. Perhaps, Rob comes across as a tad bit head strong or abrasive, but I like a coordinator confident in his abilities because when things get dicy on the field the men under your command don't panic if you have fire & confidence to make the necessary adjustments too. 

Look, people can dislike Rob Ryan & not want him in INDY, that's perfectly fine. But, people make false stereotypes about families, appearances, & personal demeanors all the time. I'm living proof of that growing up with a physical disability & people making the false leap that just because you walk on silver crutches & you were born with Cerebral Palsy you must be mentally slow. I deal with that nonsense even today. I always give people the benefit of the doubt because I know exactly what prejudice & discrimination feels like. 

I am never too quick to dismiss someone in daily life or the NFL either for that matter. Sorry, if I made this too personal here. I just like sticking up for people who get vilified for no legitimate reason. 

You're an awesome guy Krunk & I don't put you or any of my forum friends in this unflattering, snap judgement category. 

Yes, I will readily admit that I have a extreme dislike for Jerry Jones & how he personifies the mystique of the Dallas Cowboys to a grand level they do not deserve. Blissful arrogance is not a redeeming character flaw especially when you are no longer a valid winning franchise anymore. Is the fact that Jerry Jones just fired Rob Ryan clouding my perception of Rob? Okay, maybe a little, but I have always appreciated his defensive mind & his desire to attack his opponent as often as possible. Where ever Rob lands, I will follow him & continue to respect him as a DC. Again, every sibling is different. Rob, Rex, & their dad Buddy Ryan are not the same person even though they share the same bloodline. 

And yes I know, I am certainly not the only person in this world who was discriminated against in life. I know that. I am merely acutely aware of what real diversity means outside my own gender, race, or backyard that's all I'm saying. We all have our obstacles to overcome. I just frown upon sweeping generalizations. Nothing more; nothing less. Fairness & loyalty mean everything to me. That's just how SW1 rolls man with an abundance of sarcasm.  haha

Rex Ryan will land another NFL DC gig pretty easy I think without too much trouble.

Besides that there are no Russell Wilsons in this years draft in my opinion, I had hopes for Murray this year but think he announced he was staying at Georgia for his senior year, an outside shot maybe Mike Glennon but I expect he gets picked up to a QB hungry team like the Cardinals in the mid rounds such as 3rd which is where his career will go to die unless they get that O Line fixed, MAYBE he has a chance of having success in KC if they give up on Cassell (I think they would since he cant stay healthy not because of talent because I think he has some talent) KC needs another WR though 

Talking about a guy gravy training off his daddies name....

What has this man ever done?  Besides run his mouth and be Buddy Ryan's son?.      Dude woke up on third and thought he hit a triple..

Rob Ryan as an NFL DC    Total D

04   Raiders    30th

05   Raiders     27th

06   Raiders      3rd  

07   Raiders     22nd

08   Raiders      27th

09    Browns     31st

10    Browns      22nd

11    Cowboys    14th

12    Cowboys     19th

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

This guy is below average ....