Photo

Ravens Looking Into Colts' Taunting, Pollard Blaming Colts Junior Staff Member for starting issue that caused his taunting penalty

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Safety Bernard Pollardicon-article-link.gif went to the Indianapolis sideline after a member of the Colts staff said something to him following an incompletion.

However, it was Pollard that was penalized 15 yards for taunting, and was pulled from the game by Head Coach John Harbaugh.

“That’s something that we are looking into. Apparently, there was something that was said,” Harbaugh said.

“Obviously, you don’t go back into their bench, Bernard said that already. He knows that. You don’t respond. But there were some things, apparently, that were said that were out of line.”

http://www.baltimore...4e-b73a58cc91b5

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2908 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

If I were the ravens I would be focusing 0% of my time or man power on this. You've got bigger fish to fry.

I like to argue. 

#3 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Oh nos!Harbaugh is going to look into it?!

#4 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

aGREE

#5 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4812 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I know Ballard is a punk, but I didn't know he was a crybaby too.

#6 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4454 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Maybe Caldwell will ask for a re-match?

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#7 House

House
  • 6950 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

This is fake news right?
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#8 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

This is fake news right?

no  I took it right  from the ravens website as one of the headline news  articles, just check out link & u can see its real

its stupid i agree, they won ,are other priorities ,  but its real

#9 House

House
  • 6950 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

no I took it right from the ravens website as one of the headline news articles

I was just kidding cuz of how silly it is to make anything out of "possible taunting" lol.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#10 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I was just kidding cuz of how silly it is to make anything out of "possible taunting" lol.

gotcha  & totally agree esp with a big game coming up

#11 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

i think they should be focusing less on this topic and focusing more on denver. Pollard should just keep his mouth shut stop crying and move on.

Believe In Blue!!!

#12 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2859 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

After reading thru the comments on that article, all I can say is those readers are a bunch of cry babies.  I agree, they need to move on to the next game, where I'm sure Denver is waiting anxiously to beat them. 

#13 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11514 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

They will have plenty of time to investigate after they get trounced by the broncos this weekend

#14 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

What does ballard have to do with anything?

#15 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15185 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think you mean Pollard haha

This is lame.  Pollard should act like a professional.  If a fan says something to taunt him, is he going go run into the stands and get in the fan's face?  He knows the rules and shouldn't have done what he did.  And to hear Pollard accuse others of dirty play/taunting is comical to me

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#16 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Here's a question; Why didn't Lewis get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game for his Candy-... dance at the end of the game? 

#17 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Cindy hurt my feelings, mommy.  Make her stop!  

#18 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4812 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

This is lame.  Pollard should act like a professional.  If a fan says something to taunt him, is he going go run into the stands and get in the fan's face?  He knows the rules and shouldn't have done what he did.  And to hear Pollard accuse others of dirty play/taunting is comical to me

Whoopsie!!! I meant POLLARD!! My bad guys.

#19 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15185 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Whoopsie!!! I meant POLLARD!! My bad guys.

haha no worries.  During the offseason, I kept trying to make posts about Manusky, our defensive coordinator, but I kept typing Mularkey, the Jags' head coach.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#20 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13671 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

I wonder if what the coach had to say to him had anything to do with Pollard trying to take Reggie Wayne's head off the play before?  Is Harbaugh going to look into that too?  If he doesn't or heck even if he does I am sure the league will.  Honestly if you are in a playoff game and you are worried about what some coach of the other team is saying to you on the sidelines you need reexamine your ability to tune out distractions. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#21 OldManP

OldManP
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Pollard got called for unsportsmanlike conduct, the reason for the "investigation" is an attempt to avoid a fine. 

#22 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4812 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

haha no worries.  During the offseason, I kept trying to make posts about Manusky, our defensive coordinator, but I kept typing Mularkey, the Jags' head coach.

Lol, that's funny because whenever I think of the Jags coach I always think:

ma·lar·key  
/məˈlärkē/
Noun

Meaningless talk; nonsense.

#23 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Here's a question; Why didn't Lewis get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game for his Candy-... dance at the end of the game? 

That would be akin to throwing a flag for too many men on the field after the ball is kneeled down and both sides walk onto the field at the end of the game.

Do they throw unsportmanlike conduct flags for players running onto the field celebrating after the ball is kneeled down?

#24 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1897 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

That would be akin to throwing a flag for too many men on the field after the ball is kneeled down and both sides walk onto the field at the end of the game.

That's not actually a penalty unless the ball is snapped with those people on the field.

I might give you too many men in the huddle, though.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#25 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15185 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Lol, that's funny because whenever I think of the Jags coach I always think:

ma·lar·key  
/məˈlärkē/
Noun
Meaningless talk; nonsense.
lmao yeah, I've heard that too. When we played them in Jacksonville and we got a td by just barely crossing the plane, Mularkey went nuts and all the announcers were like "well, he thinks that's a bunch of malarkey"

#26 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

We should talk as much smack as possible to Bernard Pollard next time we play the Ravens, he just told the world his weakness, his own emotions.

#27 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Do they throw unsportmanlike conduct flags for players running onto the field celebrating after the ball is kneeled down?

I get your loyalty. And I get that it was in Baltimore.But IMO it was still a "Look at me! Look at me!" moment

#28 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

AND it was premeditated. So, it really wasn't akin to anything you've mentioned

#29 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13700 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

They will have plenty of time to investigate after they get trounced by the broncos this weekend

Beautifully stated jvan1973.  :thmup: Why are the Ravens complaining about a trivial matter in a game that they won? Normally, a team moans, groans, & argues over a non penalty circumstance when they lose. Grow up Mr.  Pollard. Do you want a cookie & a bedtime story too?  :facepalm:  What exactly are you investigating Coach John Harbaugh? Get over it...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#30 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3889 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lol thanks for setting him straight

#31 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13700 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I wasn't exactly overjoyed at Ray Lewis's squirrel dance at the end of the game during the final play either Mr. Pollard, but I'm not gonna be a cry baby & call that taunting either. Let me know when you develop some perspective & maturity please. Thank you. 

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#32 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

AND it was premeditated. So, it really wasn't akin to anything you've mentioned

Meh - who cares.

"Premeditated" doesn't show up in the NFL rule book when it comes to unsportsmanlike conduct or too many men on the field or too many men in the huddle.

#33 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1655 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Because two wrongs make a right?  

I do agree I thought I seen someone on our sidelines saying something to him prior to him going toward the sidelines, but that doesn't make him right!

Re: dances - I think a lot, if not all of the celebratory dances after a single play should be considered tauntingand should be penalized.

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#34 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Meh - who cares.

"Premeditated" doesn't show up in the NFL rule book when it comes to unsportsmanlike conduct or too many men on the field or too many men in the huddle.

Hve a good one

#35 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16732 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

unbelievable

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#36 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...