Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers will be recognized as the G.O.A.T when it's all said and done

Demon

I'm dead serious. No one can do what he does. In terms of ability there is simply no one like him. He can do it all. His talents will bring him and the Packers more Super Bowls.

In terms of achievements, he already won a Super Bowl, so he's gotten the monkey off his back.

Had a GOAT regular season in 2011. Actually, when you look closer Rodgers season is just as impressive as 2004 Manning, and better than 2007 Brady.

Had Rodgers played in the last game against Detroit in the 2011 season and also not been pulled out of the 2-3 game in the 3rd or 4th quarter during the regular season, he would have broken both Marino's record (now Brees' record), Manning's record and Tom Brady's 50 TD record.
I mean Flynn threw 6 TDs against the Lions at home, at with the Rodgers had been playing all season, there is no reason to think he wouldn't. That would have secured him Manning's record and Brady's record. Had he "only" thrown for, let's say 3 or 4 TD in the last game, he could still have broken the 50 TD record, IF he had not been pulled out in those other games furing the season. I think Flynn threw a couple of TDs in those as well.

Rodgers could have broken it all, but he's not a statpadding machine like Brady (and Brees). He's more like Manning. Manning was also pulled from games in 2004, including almost the entire last game against Denver. Peyton could have thrown for 53-54 TD, maybe more, that season. Brady and Brees needed all the games and more throws to break those records. They were never pulled. Rodgers beat Mannings season rating record though, which is why I rank his 2011 season higher than Manning's.

Rodgers is the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during both the regular season with a rating of 104.9, and the postseason with a rating of 105.5. 
He also holds the league's lowest career pass interception percentage for quarterbacks during the regular season with a percentage of 1.81%.

He will have the stats AND hardware to support the claim.

Agree or disagree?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use stats to argue anything. Sure, Matt Flynn threw for 6 tds against the Lions, but how do we know Rodgers would have done the same? How many qbs have thrown for more than 6 tds against any team?

And many people disagree with the passer rating stat. They claim it is not a good representation of a quarterback's performance. Personally, I think it's too early to say he will be the best of all time. His receiving group is very good and he has a solid coach in McCarthy. He might put up huge numbers, but how can we determine how much of that is him and how much of it is the people around him?

I'm dead serious. No one can do what he does. In terms of ability there is simply no one like him. He can do it all. His talents will bring him and the Packers more Super Bowls.

In terms of achievements, he already won a Super Bowl, so he's gotten the monkey off his back.

Had a GOAT regular season in 2011. Actually, when you look closer Rodgers season is just as impressive as 2004 Manning, and better than 2007 Brady.

Had Rodgers played in the last game against Detroit in the 2011 season and also not been pulled out of the 2-3 game in the 3rd or 4th quarter during the regular season, he would have broken both Marino's record (now Brees' record), Manning's record and Tom Brady's 50 TD record.

I mean Flynn threw 6 TDs against the Lions at home, at with the Rodgers had been playing all season, there is no reason to think he wouldn't. That would have secured him Manning's record and Brady's record. Had he "only" thrown for, let's say 3 or 4 TD in the last game, he could still have broken the 50 TD record, IF he had not been pulled out in those other games furing the season. I think Flynn threw a couple of TDs in those as well.

Rodgers could have broken it all, but he's not a statpadding machine like Brady (and Brees). He's more like Manning. Manning was also pulled from games in 2004, including almost the entire last game against Denver. Peyton could have thrown for 53-54 TD, maybe more, that season. Brady and Brees needed all the games and more throws to break those records. They were never pulled. Rodgers beat Mannings season rating record though, which is why I rank his 2011 season higher than Manning's.

Rodgers is the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during both the regular season with a rating of 104.9, and the postseason with a rating of 105.5. 

He also holds the league's lowest career pass interception percentage for quarterbacks during the regular season with a percentage of 1.81%.

Agree or disagree?

He's not even the best Green Bay QB yet, and you are annointing him the GOAT? He's a great player, for sure, but don't jump the gun. By the way, there never will be a GOAT, impossible to even get anywhere near confirming one. Probably ever.... 

Why not just have him as your GOAT, then nobody will be disappointed?

Not enough of a body-of-work just yet. His 2011 season was phenomenal for sure, but he needs to sustain this to enter the hypothetical conversation for the fictional title of "GOAT" that will never be a universally-agreed-upon QB.

I dont think he will. I still havnt seen the clutch gene in him yet

Please, he won three consecutive road games on route to winning the Super Bowl. Only two other QBs have done that.

Rodgers is the best in the game right now, and that's with a penchant of holding the ball for too long. No quarterback has the pure ability to extend the play like he does (he's better than Ben I'd argue), and nobody has the accuracy on the run that he has.

The only two players I could see matching his pure physical ability in the game right now are Cam Newton and RG3. Newton has a stronger arm and is more mobile, but doesn't have the accuracy or decision making. Griffin is much more mobile and has equal arm, but as of yet he doesn't have the field awareness that Rodgers has. I would aruge for Luck as well, but Luck is certainly lacking in arm strength and accuracy compared to Rodgers, but his field awareness is excellent.

Another aspect of being the Greatest is being head and shoulders above your peers for an extended period of time. That's what Unitas, Montana, Marino, Brady, and Manning had/have going for them. That's why Brees and Rodgers are not in that category yet even though they have produced at an elite level for the last few years.

it helps sitting s few years so the years with bad ratings dont apeear in a rookie year etc, 

also Peyton sat out 2.5 games and threw 4 tds Vs Denver in very first game after last one also against Denver when played 1 series

u can juggle all u want, we all can ----- if & or Buts

He's accurate on the run and throws a beautiful ball.  As some have already stated, he needs to show his clutch and toughness genes a little more than his sensitive gene and then maybe.   

I am lost.

Rodger's "sensitive gene"?.

Oh God sometimes I don't know around here.

Please, he won three consecutive road games on route to winning the Super Bowl. Only two other QBs have done that.

Rodgers is the best in the game right now, and that's with a penchant of holding the ball for too long. No quarterback has the pure ability to extend the play like he does (he's better than Ben I'd argue), and nobody has the accuracy on the run that he has.

The only two players I could see matching his pure physical ability in the game right now are Cam Newton and RG3. Newton has a stronger arm and is more mobile, but doesn't have the accuracy or decision making. Griffin is much more mobile and has equal arm, but as of yet he doesn't have the field awareness that Rodgers has. I would aruge for Luck as well, but Luck is certainly lacking in arm strength and accuracy compared to Rodgers, but his field awareness is excellent.

I would say Luck first based on size and strength and you are underestimating his arm strength like many have all season IMO along with his mobility. Dude took a pounding all year with a bad o line/never got hurt and helped lead his team to 11 wins too and then lost in the playoffs in Baltimore to the Ray Lewis retirement party. Give this kid some more o line help and he is gonna rock the league. Griffin might have been on IR by week 4 with Indy's o line IMO.

Luck also reminds me the most of any old school QB since Favre retired. I favor most of the retired QBs over todays anyway.

Too many of today's QBs get hit and it's like "ohhhhhh he touched me!!!! Mr. Official. Do something!!!."

Rodgers IS the best QB in the game today in his prime to me even if he loses Saturday night. That D is no joke in SF and his o line/run game are still shaky....

Most overrated QB not named Romo. Manning/Brady > Rodgers. He has the best WR corps in the entire NFL.

Peyton Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in their primes when he was also in his prime himself.

Are we gonna hold that against Peyton too? And do we hold it against Luck that he had Reggie Wayne this season too?

If we use the WR argument then Brady wins since he really didn't have elite talent there until 2007.

Which means then the defensive argument will get thrown right back as well as coaching....

And then around we all go in circles and nobody can win and we reach 5 pages and by the time we reach page 5 Aaron Rodgers will be compared to a system QB along with Tom Brady and somehow by page 4 RGIII vs. Luck will be in full force randomly.

So, in conclusion Montana and Unitas are the GOATS.

/thread

Most overrated QB not named Romo. Manning/Brady > Rodgers. He has the best WR corps in the entire NFL.

Does he?!?

Greg Jennings missed 8 games, and in two others he re injured himself resulting in 2 total rec......

37yr old Donald Driver? Had 8 rec all season, played in 13 games, but only registered a reception in 7 of them..He started 1 game....

Jordy Nelson? He only played in 12 games, and started in 10. Week 9 he hurt himself on the first play of the game, although it registers as a game played. He hurt himself on his first reception in the first Minn game, So he basically only played about 9 games....

Finely? he's so good, hes going to be cut at the end of the year.

James Jones? The career #4 WR? Surely your not talking about him.

Cobb? He had a great season. He's the poor mans Percy Harvin.

And yet even though his two most talented WR sat out half the year, Rodgers STILL finished 8th in Yds, 2nd in TDs, 1st in Rating, 3rd in %, 5th in per ATT, tied for 2nd in INTs.....Oh, and he has arguably the worst OL and Run game in the entire league. He played is arguably the toughest division, in the harshest conditions.....

No Rodgers isn't overrated in the slightest....

Statistically he's probably off the to greatest start of any QB in the modern era ever when it comes to both his passing numbers and his win loss record. That's something Manning and Brady lacked in there beginnings when Manning was 32-32 in his first 4 seasons and Brady didn't break 4,000 yards passing till his 5th season. He won't touch any of the all time numbers though since he didn't start till his 4th seasons in the league.He won't touch any of the all time numbers though since he didn't start till his 4th seasons in the league. He doesn't need it though, although it would have helped to either break those records or at least be close to them.

What he needs to do is win a few more Super Bowls and be very consistent in the regular season for the next 10 years. That's part of Manning and Brady's greatness IMO, even if they didn't win super bowls they put up great numbers and always had their team in contention for the bye week. Manning and Brady have put together more combined 12 win seasons in their careers then the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots have in their history before either played for them. But if he can do that for the next 8-10 years with his already impressive resume I think he'll be a guy who is always in the discussion when his career is over. 

Rodgers is THE worst come-from-behind QB in the NFL right now.

If a team has a lead against the Packers in the 4th quarter, it's virtually guaranteed that that team has nothing to worry about.

I've noticed this too. I never hear about come from behind victories from GB.

He'll be up there with the greats but due to so many great HOF QBs it's all a matter of opinion who is the GOAT.

Agree. Hopefully Rodgers can continue this on for several more years at a high level and be up there among the greats someday. As for GOAT I don't think anyone can change anyones mind usually, it's a personal preference.....arguments can be made for several. And more will come as more QBs break more records and win more Super Bowls. The cycle shall continue.

He's got a shot. But I think his late start will hold him back. Similar to Young.

But I can understand where your coming from.

Agree with this too. The late start never helps. And yeah he does remind me of Steve Young a little I think...there are some similarities.

I am lost.

Rodger's "sensitive gene"?.

Oh God sometimes I don't know around here.

Yeah, I was referring to the 60 Minutes segment.  He doesn't like people to say he's smaller than they thought and his teammates say he is overly sensitive and doesn't forget things you say about him.  You have to admit those are pretty lame characteristics for the G.O.A.T.  Lol.  

I agree with Johnny Unitas...  

Agree or disagree?

Well....he's off to a heck of a start thats for sure.

The kid doesn't get rattled in the playoff spotlight...and if he stays healthy and keeps racking up these stats, along with 3 more Lombardis it'll be tough to argue with you.

Agree or disagree?

Like Samuel Clemens said, "the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

How about he gets a few more years in the NFL first, he just qualified for the pension last year...