Photo

LETS GET THINGS STRAIGHT ABOUT THE OFFENSIVE LINE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

#81 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1143 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Guys like Justice and Mcglynn were just brought in because they came cheap and we did not have the cap, They aren't starters and Im sure Grigson knows that. Mcglynn will be replaced with a quality starter I have little doubt, Justice on the other hand I can see starting next year, not because he is good but because we have so many other holes that we need to sure up and I just dont think RT will be high on that list because mainly thats not Lucks blindside and if a Lineman gets passed Justice Luck can see that Lineman coming which obviously means he needs to make his move fast, Guard however should be if we have any hope of being able to run the ball consistently

Agreed... the one exception (to Justice being our starting RT going into next year) and its a long shot, is if we somehow pry one of the big time LT who are "available" in FA and move AC to RT... I don't think that it will happen..... we will most likely be looking at a couple versatile journeymen or young guys who aren't yet on the team yet at both G spots, but most of the quality OL in FA will resign with their current teams....

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

AC is a very young but a good LT. No way will we try to move him at this time. Remember he missed training camp last year do to strike and the was hurt a big part of the year and this year had to learn a new system. He is far and away our best OL.

#83 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2016 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

so you're going to completely ignore that Kruger abused him(and Winston Justice and also Sowell)?

abuse? Castonzo allowed 1 sack. you are getting way dramatic, kruger abused Justice like you said not Castonzo

and like i and other have said, he is getting no help from TE/RB.

#84 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

abuse? Castonzo allowed 1 sack. you are getting way dramatic, kruger abused Justice like you said not Castonzo

and like i and other have said, he is getting no help from TE/RB.

Exactly. I swear, either some people are just repeating things they hear from other people, or they just don't have any idea what they are actually watching. 

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#85 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2016 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

when does FA officially start anyways?

#86 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12830 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

when does FA officially start anyways?

This has a lot of the good dates on it to remember......March 12 at 4 PM EST.

http://www.bucsnatio...important-dates

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#87 a06cc

a06cc
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Castonzo was getting help all year around from Dwayne Allen. There were tons of players who missed time in training camp last season, but still are out performing him. Nate Solders, Troy Smith, Mike Pouncey. List goes on. Anthony is the number one oline prospect period. Stop making excuses for his play. It was awful this season.

#88 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17339 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Castonzo was getting help all year around from Dwayne Allen. There were tons of players who missed time in training camp last season, but still are out performing him. Nate Solders, Troy Smith, Mike Pouncey. List goes on. Anthony is the number one oline prospect period. Stop making excuses for his play. It was awful this season.

No, you don't get it.

I am not making excuses for his play. I'm vehemently refuting your assertion that his play was awful in the first place. His play was NOT awful.

No one is saying that there are no other young tackles who played better than he did this season (I don't know what Mike Pouncey has to do with anything, since he's a center, and I'm not sure who this Troy Smith is; do you mean Tyron Smith?) No one is saying he didn't get help from his teammates. He has a ton of improvement to make, and that's normal for a second year player. But that doesn't make him awful, and the fact that you continue claiming that he has been awful makes you less and less credible.

LET'S HUNT

#89 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4871 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

No, you don't get it.

I am not making excuses for his play. I'm vehemently refuting your assertion that his play was awful in the first place. His play was NOT awful.

No one is saying that there are no other young tackles who played better than he did this season (I don't know what Mike Pouncey has to do with anything, since he's a center, and I'm not sure who this Troy Smith is; do you mean Tyron Smith?) No one is saying he didn't get help from his teammates. He has a ton of improvement to make, and that's normal for a second year player. But that doesn't make him awful, and the fact that you continue claiming that he has been awful makes you less and less credible.

Well put sir! No one is saying he's a stud LT (yet) but he's not awful by any means.

#90 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

His play was NOT awful.

Castonzo's play is about 5th on my list of concerns over our starting Offensive Linemen...

#91 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4871 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Castonzo's play is about 5th on my list of concerns over our starting Offensive Linemen...

So just above Luck the, well judging from the play we have where he pulls out to block for Ballard :P

#92 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

And by the way, those of you wondering what mollywhopped means, it's just another word for an offensive linemen getting manhandled

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates