Photo

Rays Victory Lap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#81 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3056 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm not a religious guy, but in Ray's religion, it talks a lot about forgiveness, deeds, and actions.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Ray did that night sparked in him the man we see before us today. Maybe a guilt resides in him over his actions that day, and because of that, he has since lived a clean life devoted to those around him. It is possible that if those events did not transpire the way they did, we would not have the Ray Lewis we have today, the humble servant, the legendary teammate. Because of him, many people's lives have been affected in such a positive way. We can all take lessons from Ray Lewis; that we are not perfect, and that our lives are wrought with blemishes and sin, but every day we can serve others, lead others, and hopefully make a difference in the world.

And I thank him for that.

Those are excellent points and that's a fair sentiment....well, sort of fair.

Until we cross out Ray Lewis' name in your description and insert Tim Tebow's...as Tebow would fit your description perfectly, other than the bar-stabbing, that is....allegedly.

Let's face it...we'd have to stretch the imagination pretty far just to see Tim Tebow stab a cocktail frank with a toothpick inside a bar, let alone stab a bar patron with a knife outside of one....allegedly.

But its strange how a good number of football fans are as sickened by Tebow's squeaky-clean image...earned thru many of the same good works you noted Lewis for....as others are by Ray Lewis and the alleged goings-on in his life.

None of this is a slam against your post by the way....but it just brings an interesting contrast in how these two different guys of a common faith are viewed. Ultimately.....its all about football and the microscope of it all is crazy.

Neither of them are perfect....and they're a world different from each other....but similar in one regard.

Both of them could probably use a break from us imperfect, screwy fans.

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17189 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Reading this thread makes me soooo happy that criminal trials are not based on public opinion. How easy it is to sit behind a computer screen and determine that someone committed a crime! It's a lot harder to convict someone in a court of law.

LET'S HUNT

#83 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4463 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Reading this thread makes me soooo happy that criminal trials are not based on public opinion. How easy it is to sit behind a computer screen and determine that someone committed a crime! It's a lot harder to convict someone in a court of law.

Totally agree, although the same can be said in reverse, it is easy to worship a sportsman and forget the possible illegal or at at least immoral deeds that severely affected another man's family.

I'm not picking sides btw, as I don't even know the story and I'm not intrested in finding out.

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#84 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17189 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Totally agree, although the same can be said in reverse, it is easy to worship a sportsman and forget the possible illegal or at at least immoral deeds that severely affected another man's family.

I'm not picking sides btw, as I don't even know the story and I'm not intrested in finding out.

Sure, but who is determining whether the individual is guilty of said illegal or immoral deeds?

The idol worship is overboard, to be sure, but that's a horse of a different color.

LET'S HUNT

#85 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7941 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

People who are posting to this thread need to show a little restraint.

Several posts have been removed or edited........including those that quoted a post that was removed or edited.

Please, do not take personal shots or make inflammatory statements.  Do not engage in personal arguments on the boards  

This is a volatile subject and if we have to clean this thread again, we'll just close it.

Thank you

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#86 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7501 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm not a religious guy, but in Ray's religion, it talks a lot about forgiveness, deeds, and actions.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Ray did that night sparked in him the man we see before us today. Maybe a guilt resides in him over his actions that day, and because of that, he has since lived a clean life devoted to those around him. It is possible that if those events did not transpire the way they did, we would not have the Ray Lewis we have today, the humble servant, the legendary teammate. Because of him, many people's lives have been affected in such a positive way. We can all take lessons from Ray Lewis; that we are not perfect, and that our lives are wrought with blemishes and sin, but every day we can serve others, lead others, and hopefully make a difference in the world.

And I thank him for that.

I didn't mean to start this thread to incite anything.  I was just stating my opinion about the media's hypocracy when it comes to Lewis.  I believe I only stated the facts, yet even in this forum I was judged "disgusting" for even bringing it up.

I agree, the man has done a lot for others.  But it also needs to be pointed out that he didn't do anything to help the police solve the case of the two men murdered.  In fact he was prosecuted for obstructing their investigation.  Apparently, he chooses not to be the good citizen in that case.

If you were related to either of those men, would it satisfy you that Ray has helped so many people, yet their murder goes unsolved?  I guess the media and the NFL think it's okay.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    Skelly

When I look at the news all I see is sadness, sickness, and complete and utter stupidity. I think I might sign up for the first flight to Mars.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great of a year Aaron Rodgers is having?

Show comments (6)
View All Updates