Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rays Victory Lap

Smonroe

From what I recall Lewis was at the scene with the folks who eventually got charged.    He initially refused to cooperate, until he sat in the poky for a time and then he rolled on his "pals"

I don't think he did the deed, but he was there and definitely witnessed a serious crime.   And did nothing, in fact "tried" to hide it.

His involvement is just despicable  on every level.     From a decent human being's perspective, he did nothing.    Then tried to say nothing to cover it up.    But when facing jail time and the end of his career he folded like a cheap tent, and sang like a bird to save his hide.

Now he is a snitch...... 

Danged if you do...  danged if you don't.

Every time I hear this fraud speak of loyalty and integrity I want to puke.

WOW.. what if GODell was comish when this went down?   hehe.,.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal shot
I didn't say Lewis didn't kill a guy. I fully believe he killed a guy. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of some of the fan base for flaming Ravens fans for cheering for him but at the same time shrugging of what Harrison was accused of doing.

But good job jumping to conclusions and calling me stupid though. Nice to know people can keep it classy around here.

Read my post again. Work on the reading comprehension and you'll figure it out. If you do then you'll realize just how silly your response was.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal argument
Read my post again. Work on the reading comprehension and you'll figure it out. If you do then you'll realize just how silly your response was.

I did read your post and quoted and fixed it because I couldn't edit it after 3 minutes. Even if we disagree with a point it's still childish and insulting to call a some one stupid for disagreeing on a heavily scrutinized topic that can be seen and argued from both sides. Especially from a moderator. Talk to me when you grow up or are able to hold an intelligent conversation with out hurling insults.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2013 - personal argument
I did read your post and quoted and fixed it because I couldn't edit it after 3 minutes. Even if we disagree with a point it's still childish and insulting to call a some one stupid for disagreeing on a heavily scrutinized topic that can be seen and argued from both sides. Especially from a moderator. Talk to me when you grow up or are able to hold an intelligent conversation with out hurling insults.

Again man read the post and the key word in there. It's childish to paint a picture of a man as a murderer when he is fact not one. Try going through your life with that weight on your shoulders when you didn't take someone's life away but there are those always going around acting and saying that you did it or they think you did it. It's an insult to the man when he did not take a life away yet people think and or say he did. You'd think people would be above these things but they aren't at it seems you aren't either. It's pathetic that people paint this picture of Lewis still and it's nothing but an insult to him and the victims.

Again man read the post and the key word in there. It's childish to paint a picture of a man as a murderer when he is fact not one. Try going through your life with that weight on your shoulders when you didn't take someone's life away but there are those always going around acting and saying that you did it or they think you did it. It's an insult to the man when he did not take a life away yet people think and or say he did. You'd think people would be above these things but they aren't at it seems you aren't either. It's pathetic that people paint this picture of Lewis still and it's nothing but an insult to him and the victims.

I don't think ray killed anyone, but he didn't do the victims any favors.

I'm not a religious guy, but in Ray's religion, it talks a lot about forgiveness, deeds, and actions.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Ray did that night sparked in him the man we see before us today. Maybe a guilt resides in him over his actions that day, and because of that, he has since lived a clean life devoted to those around him. It is possible that if those events did not transpire the way they did, we would not have the Ray Lewis we have today, the humble servant, the legendary teammate. Because of him, many people's lives have been affected in such a positive way. We can all take lessons from Ray Lewis; that we are not perfect, and that our lives are wrought with blemishes and sin, but every day we can serve others, lead others, and hopefully make a difference in the world.

And I thank him for that.

It was overly clear his time is up in his last game at home. No matter who or what you are not a single person has ever beat the clock. I will keep a close eye on him at Denver and compare it to what he once was. There is nothing worse in sports than to have to watch an athlete who refuses to read the writing on the wall. Perhaps the greatest example of this is in boxing and watching Muhammed Ali from the very beginnig to his pathertic demise was awful.  

The only thing that seems clear cut about the case is that it was bungled by the Atlanta DA, who in a re-election year, rushed to trial based on flimsy statements from unreliable witnesses. I have read that the police who were investigating were PO'd because they weren't given time to do a thourough investigation. Because of that no one will ever really know what happened that night.

As far as Lewis is concerned, I don't know very much about the man. What I do know is that people whose opinions I respect say that he's a decent guy and has done a lot for his team and community. As for the dance, I think it's ridiculous but the Ravens fans certainly enjoy it.

I'm not a religious guy, but in Ray's religion, it talks a lot about forgiveness, deeds, and actions.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Ray did that night sparked in him the man we see before us today. Maybe a guilt resides in him over his actions that day, and because of that, he has since lived a clean life devoted to those around him. It is possible that if those events did not transpire the way they did, we would not have the Ray Lewis we have today, the humble servant, the legendary teammate. Because of him, many people's lives have been affected in such a positive way. We can all take lessons from Ray Lewis; that we are not perfect, and that our lives are wrought with blemishes and sin, but every day we can serve others, lead others, and hopefully make a difference in the world.

It is not even a religious thing. The guy did his time and has come out on the other side a better person. For everything I have heard about Ray is that he turned his life around, was active in his community and humbled himself. I do not know why people in our society feel that they have to cut someone down who has tried to better themselves. Yes, Ray was involved in something tragic, but he did his time and has become a better person. It is like many in our society feel that people should be punished for the rest of their lives no matter what.

I thought they went a bit over the top, but if Peyton was retiring a Colt at his last home game I would want to see them make as big of a deal as they did for Ray. It was a great send off to a team that he has given everything for.

Those are excellent points and that's a fair sentiment....well, sort of fair.

Until we cross out Ray Lewis' name in your description and insert Tim Tebow's...as Tebow would fit your description perfectly, other than the bar-stabbing, that is....allegedly.

Let's face it...we'd have to stretch the imagination pretty far just to see Tim Tebow stab a cocktail frank with a toothpick inside a bar, let alone stab a bar patron with a knife outside of one....allegedly.

But its strange how a good number of football fans are as sickened by Tebow's squeaky-clean image...earned thru many of the same good works you noted Lewis for....as others are by Ray Lewis and the alleged goings-on in his life.

None of this is a slam against your post by the way....but it just brings an interesting contrast in how these two different guys of a common faith are viewed. Ultimately.....its all about football and the microscope of it all is crazy.

Neither of them are perfect....and they're a world different from each other....but similar in one regard.

Both of them could probably use a break from us imperfect, screwy fans.

Reading this thread makes me soooo happy that criminal trials are not based on public opinion. How easy it is to sit behind a computer screen and determine that someone committed a crime! It's a lot harder to convict someone in a court of law.

Totally agree, although the same can be said in reverse, it is easy to worship a sportsman and forget the possible illegal or at at least immoral deeds that severely affected another man's family.

I'm not picking sides btw, as I don't even know the story and I'm not intrested in finding out.

Totally agree, although the same can be said in reverse, it is easy to worship a sportsman and forget the possible illegal or at at least immoral deeds that severely affected another man's family.

I'm not picking sides btw, as I don't even know the story and I'm not intrested in finding out.

Sure, but who is determining whether the individual is guilty of said illegal or immoral deeds?

The idol worship is overboard, to be sure, but that's a horse of a different color.

People who are posting to this thread need to show a little restraint.

Several posts have been removed or edited........including those that quoted a post that was removed or edited.

Please, do not take personal shots or make inflammatory statements.  Do not engage in personal arguments on the boards  

This is a volatile subject and if we have to clean this thread again, we'll just close it.

Thank you

I didn't mean to start this thread to incite anything.  I was just stating my opinion about the media's hypocracy when it comes to Lewis.  I believe I only stated the facts, yet even in this forum I was judged "disgusting" for even bringing it up.

I agree, the man has done a lot for others.  But it also needs to be pointed out that he didn't do anything to help the police solve the case of the two men murdered.  In fact he was prosecuted for obstructing their investigation.  Apparently, he chooses not to be the good citizen in that case.

If you were related to either of those men, would it satisfy you that Ray has helped so many people, yet their murder goes unsolved?  I guess the media and the NFL think it's okay.