Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So am I correct here? RE: draft order

Jason_

Do we officially now have the 23rd pick?  I was kinda hoping Washington would win because I believe we would have picked ahead of Seattle due to Strength of Schedule, but we only dropped one place so still not the end of the world that Seattle won.  Still though, just trying to confirm that we do indeed have the 24th pick, which I believe is correct.  Can anyone confirm?

Do we officially now have the 23rd pick?  I was kinda hoping Washington would win because I believe we would have picked ahead of Seattle due to Strength of Schedule, but we only dropped one place so still not the end of the world that Seattle won.  Still though, just trying to confirm that we do indeed have the 24th pick, which I believe is correct.  Can anyone confirm?

I believe we're 24.

Barrett Jones-Bama- Can play all 5 OL positions and excels at them all. Curretnly projection in mid to high 20's hopefully doesnt rise to much after combines.

honestly i dont see him falling to us. i can see green bay trading up to get him with the unexpected retiring (after the season) of jeff saturday. Saturday has said he does not have it in him anymore, plus lower back pains that isnt helping the cause. but i wouldnt mind jones because like you said he can play anywhere. but would def. need him on the interior offensive line.

on the website im looking at now ( i can only find 3 different sites that have a mock draft right now, they have us picking 24th and getting OT Oday Aboushi out of Virginia. he is 6'6 310 lbs. going to the senior bowl also.

If your looking for mock sites check out hailredskins.com.  They always have a good selection of pro's and fan drafts.

Don't really think we would have too much luck building our secondary through FA like we could for the O-line.  Would have to think we would go CB or Safety in round 1 (or round 2 if we can trade down like I hope).   But dont get me wrong if Warmack is there we take him.
I agree, I think we should go secondary late in the 1st, but if Warmack is there we should grab him before we even go on the clock. Kid is a beast

Green Bay could jump up depends how happy they are with Evan Dietrich Smith who replaced Saturday. I bet Chapman and Jones have squared off quite a few times in practice in the past maybe they will in the future as well.  I wouldnt mind a top CB either as it needs to be addressed either in draft or free agency just think protecting the Franchise needs to be a slightly higher priority right now another season like this one and it could start to shorten his career.

honestly i dont see him falling to us. i can see green bay trading up to get him with the unexpected retiring (after the season) of jeff saturday. Saturday has said he does not have it in him anymore, plus lower back pains that isnt helping the cause. but i wouldnt mind jones because like you said he can play anywhere. but would def. need him on the interior offensive line.

He's going to go to the combine and people will see his short arms and his 'non athletic' build.  A lot of teams will forget his tape and how great a player he was all that time.  So it's possible he may fall in the draft.

I hope we're smarter than that (I don't just mean about Jones, I mean in general).  

Remember Griegson is going to draft by his board and the best available. So as much as we would like the first pick to be one that addresses a big need it may not roll that way. If there is someone else there thats better and its not at a position we really need but is higher on his board were probably gonna take them. I really hope we take Xavier Rhodes right now or a good DE. Address O line in Free Agency to me.

My preference for the first round pick is either the best pass rusher, CB or OL on the board.  What we do in free agency will affect my order of preference but I would like to see our first pick be one of these 3 positions, or a trade down.  I read a mock yesterday (can't remember what site..think it was on bleacherreport) that had us taking Barkevious Mingo in the first round.  Couple others have us taking Xavier Rhodes.  I'd be excited about either of these picks. :)