Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For the Record: 7 Drops Yesterday....

NewColtsFan

That's what the NFL says....   seven.   and six of those were on 3rd or 4th down.

We also totaled up more than 400 yards of offense...   and 25 first downs while holding the ball for roughly 37 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46065/on-the-colts-failure-to-score-on-ravens

Too bad we didn't punch it in....    I don't blame Christensen.

All things considered,   I thought we did pretty well yesterday...

Now,  on to what should be a very, very interesting off-season.......

That's what the NFL says....   seven.   and six of those were on 3rd or 4th down.

We also totaled up more than 400 yards of offense...   and 25 first downs while holding the ball for roughly 37 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46065/on-the-colts-failure-to-score-on-ravens

I don't "like" this, but thanks for posting. I wouldn't mind knowing who and when if that information is easily available.

my question is on those dropped passes how many were tough ones to catch??? Wayne had one around the 10 yard line that was behind him but he still couldnt hold on to the ball. im just asking because there was a couple passes that were dropped that were either to high or behind the receiver. 

I don't "like" this, but thanks for posting. I wouldn't mind knowing who and when if that information is easily available.

I know Avery had two, Reggie had one and Ballard had one at the end.... Can't remember the other two that occurred on 3rd or 4th down, off the top of my head

...Andrew Luck gets the snap and drops back. He's met immediatley by a defender....now two defenders. Looks like he'll be sacked...wait, hold on! He gets away and rolls to his right. He throws the ball downfield, about 30-yards. T.Y. Hilton is streaking to the right....the pass is on target...and Hilton drops it!

That

That's very good stuff..NCF....

I agree...we moved the ball and we held them to 24 points...

If we get a couple of better offensive linemen......we should be able to be 10-6 and get back in the post-season

Did you know there is a 'limit' to the number of posts you can 'like' in a day?!?

I didn't know that....    until today.     I haven't been on-line that much today,  and much to my surprise as I've tried to 'like' two posts,  a message comes up reading....

You have reached your daily quota of 'likes'....

What up with that?!?     Who would care if I've liked 10 posts, or 12?    A good post is a good post.   I don't want to have to count how many 'likes' I've given out for fear I'm going to run out of them.

This feels like someone has way, way, WAY over-thought this....

Just my two cents....

my question is on those dropped passes how many were tough ones to catch??? Wayne had one around the 10 yard line that was behind him but he still couldnt hold on to the ball. im just asking because there was a couple passes that were dropped that were either to high or behind the receiver. 

i made a post yesterday similar to this. this is a completely subjective stat.

Did you know there is a 'limit' to the number of posts you can 'like' in a day?!?

I didn't know that....    until today.     I haven't been on-line that much today,  and much to my surprise as I've tried to 'like' two posts,  a message comes up reading....

What up with that?!?     Who would care if I've liked 10 posts, or 12?    A good post is a good post.   I don't want to have to count how many 'likes' I've given out for fear I'm going to run out of them.

Just my two cents....

I would have given you a 'like' for this, but I've run out....

Just my two cents....

I know, it's silly. I think most of of use the 'like' button to signify they agree with the post instead of making another post that says "I agree".

I'm not sure why there's a like limit. But I know that on Facebook I wish there was an "I don't give a ---- what you like" button.

Just my two cents....

the same thing happened to me. the like feature is a great idea that reduces useless clutter in threads. limiting it defeats the purpose. i don't have to waste one of my precious likes on your post now.

...Andrew Luck gets the snap and drops back. He's met immediatley by a defender....now two defenders. Looks like he'll be sacked...wait, hold on! He gets away and rolls to his right. He throws the ball downfield, about 30-yards. T.Y. Hilton is streaking to the right....the pass is on target...and Hilton drops it!

I was calm. I knew we were not going to get it done. But when this happened, I did cuss a little. Well a lot. Luck makes a miraculous play, and TY drops it. And the trolls quote Luck's completion percentage and say he is no good.  

Most of them were catchable balls. That's one thing though that bothers me about our current group of receivers, they don't make difficult catches outside of Reggie but even he dropped a difficult one yesterday. Fleener is especially horrendous, he seems incapable of catching a ball unless it's perfect and nobody is near him. Avery has dropped balls all year long so his game didn't surprise me.

Most of them were catchable balls. That's one thing though that bothers me about our current group of receivers, they don't make difficult catches outside of Reggie but even he dropped a difficult one yesterday. Fleener is especially horrendous, he seems incapable of catching a ball unless it's perfect and nobody is near him. Avery has dropped balls all year long so his game didn't surprise me.

I wouldnt say fleener dont, he might not ALL the time but yesterday he jumped up between two defenders and caught a pass and held on to it. think it was in the 4th qtr i cant remember

I was calm. I knew we were not going to get it done. But when this happened, I did cuss a little. Well a lot. Luck makes a miraculous play, and TY drops it. And the trolls quote Luck's completion percentage and say he is no good.  

every " troll " says luck is no good and that russel wilson is better. simply because neither RG3 nor Wilson throw the ball 50 times a game like luck does. everyone who says luck sucks because of his completion percentage fail to realize that important stat. throwing the ball on an avg of 50 times a game will kill your TD/turnover ratio and kill your completion percentage. plus increase the number of times your sacked.

That

That's very good stuff..NCF....

I agree...we moved the ball and we held them to 24 points...

If we get a couple of better offensive linemen......we should be able to be 10-6 and get back in the post-season

unfortinately one of their TD's was due to lack of defense by Vaughn. Boldin killed us in the second half.

They made the big catches, we never. It's what the play-offs are all about. We'll be back....

they really only had three big catches all by boldin unfortinately. he killed us in that second half. Davis i think should have been moved over to cover him after vaughn gave up that big pass play.

Just my two cents....

i just liked every post on on here and i still have the option to like lol. must be alot of likes lol.

I wouldnt say fleener dont, he might not ALL the time but yesterday he jumped up between two defenders and caught a pass and held on to it. think it was in the 4th qtr i cant remember

He also dropped a pass out in the flat early in the game. I think he was targeted maybe twice, so he caught 1 and dropped 1.

But my point still remains, he drops too many balls that a guy that is supposed to be so gifted with size and athletic skill should catch. Take the Houston game for instance, he should have caught that backshoulder throw from Luck. He has to be stronger in traffic.

Just my two cents....

Like, I am not sure of the answer. I would like to get that information for you.....if you would like. I will check and see if your like count is limited. ;) (I actually will check on it...I just couldn't pass the punopportunity)

Like, I am not sure of the answer. I would like to get that information for you.....if you would like. I will check and see if your like count is limited. ;) (I actually will check on it...I just couldn't pass the punopportunity)

Holy Cow!     I just 'liked' a post.....   and the system allowed it!!!!

Wow!     What a concept!!      I 'like' that a LOT!!       :thmup:        :worthy:

You can also replace Hilton's name with Brazil and Avery. Fleener I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, simply because he's never thrown to.

He also dropped a pass out in the flat early in the game. I think he was targeted maybe twice, so he caught 1 and dropped 1.

But my point still remains, he drops too many balls that a guy that is supposed to be so gifted with size and athletic skill should catch. Take the Houston game for instance, he should have caught that backshoulder throw from Luck. He has to be stronger in traffic.

He didn't drop that pass, Luck threw it behind him and he never had a chance to even touch the ball.

Then please explain why Fleener isn't listed with a drop oh "right"-ful one...?

I never said it was a drop, i said it was a ball that should be caught and wasn't. Official drops only count for perfect on target throws, they do not count a drop on a ball that is not caught and not perfectly on target. That does not always mean though that the receiver shouldn't have made the catch.

Your claim that he never touched the ball is dead wrong. He was one on one with a linebacker down the sideline being faceguarged. Luck put the ball toward his backshoulder and a little short, Fleener went up and had both hands on the ball and then lost it. Difficult catch, sure. A catch that a 6 foot 6 athletic receiving tightend needs to make, absolutely. And this isn't a thread to just pick on Fleener, it's just a point that in general our receivers dont really make many difficult catches outside of Reggie. Luck has not always had much help.

Ballard didn`t drop that last pass either. It was wide right.

Anyone covering for Luck and all his off target passes is Off target. He has thrown behing his receivers CONSTANTLY All- Season Long. His release is too slow, his arm strength must improve, and he MUST anticipate better.

His receivers get the ball to late and are contested too often. So lets see what he can do.